Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Where have you all been riding today?
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

Road ride, Taunton, Porlock, Dunkery Beacon, Raleighs Cross, Taunton 46 miles, 3300 ft climbed.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Licky hills. Much fun exaggerated by new overkill bouncy toy.

igm

Mate’s work’s fitness ride – Scarborough to Whitby and back up the old railway line. Just over 40 miles and more climbing than you’d expect – not much (ie nothing) technical though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cracking mendip ride with an old mate. Was rubbish uphill but my downhilling was as good as it has ever been with no fear or screw ups I managed several bit that troubled me previously. Then a nice lamb biriani.

igm

For a second I thought you said a “nice lambrini”. I’ll go see the optician.

samuri
    Free Member

10 times round a field 5 minutes from the man city footy ground.

Where did you park up then? There were loads of people parking at the velodrome and riding from there.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

All the way around the island of Guernsey. Again.

Militant_biker

4 hours of digging in new trails, followed by a half hour test ride on a borrowed TT bike, with brakes wrong way around.

Tomorrow – 60 miles on said borrowed TT bike.

yunki
    Free Member

nothing for me.. painting at a graffiti convention all weekend.. and then off for a weeks break with the familia in Cornwall on monday… may take the bike for some coastal cliff path epic-ness…

silverpigeon
    Free Member

yunki – if you ride your bike to the Eden project you get in for half price AND get to jump the queue

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

North York Moors with my lad, only 13 miles but very pleasant.

samuri
    Free Member

All the way around the island of Guernsey. Again.

heh! When I was contracting in Guernsey, I was offered a job. The (or one) thing that put me off was that to do any decent length ride, I’d have to go round about 6 times.

The other thing that put me off was I went home with a ‘woman’ one night who almost managed to get me in a crying game situation. It was only because her boyriend turned up as we were heading upstairs and kicked off that I got out unscathed.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Went riding in local woods with some mates who are new to MTBing – awesome day! All had massive grins at the end. Was great to see them enjoying it as much as I do.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cannock, it was.. ok. Think I’m starting to see what the “xc trail centres are crap” brigade are on about now, it’s really quite dull. Downhill trail centres like FOD are great though 🙂 Could just be that I’ve ridden Cannock too much this year or that I’m going off xc as it’s just not as fun as the downhill I’ve been doing recently!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I rode the annual Calderdale Mountain Bike Marathon. 26+ miles around Sowerby Bridge, Midgley Moor,, Luddenden etc.. Had a rear tyre blow out and a minor off. Good hard ride with about 400 entrants.

SidewaysTim

Took my youngest for a few miles locally, she did an awesome over the bars and lie under your bike laughing about half way round. Apparently, she just puilled the front brake a bit hard!

No harm done though.

swavis

Well yesterday and today at Relentless 24 with the best weather ever. FACT! 8)

xcstu
    Free Member

Swinley Forest…. trails were sweet today.. missed the club ride as couldn’t get up in time oops 🙂

took some vid footage to play around with tonight…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Despite achy legs from yesterday I could not stay in. A quick pootle to town on the ss turned into a ride over the hills with a pub stop and off road all the way home. My jeans and tee were rather sweaty and muddy. And now my legs properly hurt.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

None today. Did Whinlatter Blue, Red North & Red South on Friday & the back of Skiddaw route yesterday. Unfortunately spent the day in the car driving home 🙁

Houns

Col Du Clent with fierce Easterly gales at the peak

h4muf
    Free Member

Just a quick 55 miler on cx bike,chesterfield,rotherham,back to alferton.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Did a wee local loop in the Kilpatricks.
    Hellfire Corner up to Loch Humphrey, then down to Overtoun. Did plan on doing Hellfire Corner twice, so I could loop a nice downhill in over the top of the hill, but once was quite enough.

crispybacon
    Free Member

35 mile charity ride ‘Tour de Moor’ from Plymouth to Princetown & back for St Lukes Hospice, the very strong Easterly wind made it a nightmare ride up the old railway line to Princetown :o(

elaineanne
    Free Member

calderdales :Blue pig route, then into Hardcastle craggs-over to Widdop and the switchbacks..up to Gorple Gate area then fast decent to the Limestone Hushings then random bridleways back to sunny Todmorden… 😉 oh and my son took the orange Alpine out today on demo too… i think he liked it after he sorted out the big coil suspension thing… 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ooh all of 600 yards from my old house to my new house. Just reminding myself how to ride a bike again. 😥

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Out to the pentlands with Rob – grand day out

TheSanityAssassin

derek_starship – Member
    I rode the annual Calderdale Mountain Bike Marathon. 26+ miles around Sowerby Bridge, Midgley Moor,, Luddenden etc.. Had a rear tyre blow out and a minor off. Good hard ride with about 400 entrants.

I rode this event too. 1 head plant into a wall (thought I’d fubarred my lid, but luckily not) at the top of Stake Lane, 1 otb further down the same descent, 1 otb coming off Midgley Moor and a lost pair of Specialized glasses later, I came in with a PB of 2h 34m. More than happy with that. Although I could have done without losing me specs.

crazy-legs

Out in the Peaks on mostly non-legal trails. Christ the wind! Proper howling gale. Descending off one of the exposed moorland ridges near the Kinder plateau I couldn’t let the wheels get off the ground or it’d be blown sideways.
    Out of the wind though it was lovely and warm and the few walkers that I saw were universally friendly and chatty, not a single mention of the fact I was on FPs.

The ground was mostly dry too, only a few small puddles which I was pleasantly surprised with.

alpin
    Free Member

took the fixie out around Munich. into Munich centre for breakfast then out towards Dachau. stopped off at the Panzer Wiese (massive old military exercise ground) to watch people fly kites. then out past the ugly Allianz Arena and follow the river for several km’s before heading east for an hour and then turning south to get home.

no map. hardly any roads. lots of cycle paths, families and sun. think i clocked up over 120km, but i forgot the taco thingy.

nice day, it were…

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

135k of local road miles with tea/cake/coffee/bike shop ponder/toilet stop half way through. lovely ride

Rivett
    Free Member

Keyesville Classic loop and the Unal trail.

knottie8
    Free Member

Rode the Qs today on my SS . Couldnt help but remember the day Sharki bust his collar bone as I sped down slaughter house combe. I miss riding with you !

nickc

few hours in the Chilterns with munque-chick and others. it was properly ace. Apart from the 3 punctures i had.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Brechfa Raven and i don’t like to crow about it!

domino

Did a loop of Pen y Ghent, some interesting boggy bits on Foxup Moor. Ace ride in lovely weather.

meesterbond

A couple of laps round Bedgebury. First time I’ve been there and very enjoyable it was too… weather was perfect, trails (mostly) dry and the locals friendly. A good day.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Gorgeous late summer sun, rode Marple to Hayfield and back, with cheesy chips and a pint at halftime – how lovely!

casper33
    Free Member

Did a cracking STW 25 miler from Kirby Stephen.
    First half of the ride: http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/3382442
    Well done to Fatgit for organising the whole thing.
    Gr8 company, gr8 ride and gr8 weather!!!!

Xylene
    Free Member

I headed up to Thrunton today, at the turn off for the Coldstream road there was a big sign saying ” Road Works North of Long Framlington, delays expected’

Fair enough I thought, might have to sit at some traffic lights or do a convoy.

WRONG – bloody road was closed just before Thrunton with a detour in place.

If they had said road closed, I would have gone somewhere else straight away, rather than driving a further 10 miles.

Ended up at Chopwell woods, which was ok, but a bit muddy for my tyres.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Where have you all been riding today?’ is closed to new replies.