Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Where have you all been riding today?
  • sharki
    Free Member

After inners xc and GT red yesterday, my legs were like lead last night.
    So after getting up and forcing a little breakfast down me, i headed over to do GT black.
    My legs were still like lead and every time the trail pitched upwards they were screaming at me to head back, a little walking got me through the worst of the climbs and a found a bit of energy to enjoy the descents, after Deliverance i took one look at redemption and my legs had a refusal, so a wee walk to the top was the way forward. Then back down, suddenly to my surprise it all became familiar and i pedalled the crap out of magic mushroom, mushroom pie and down falla brae.
    A wee pitstop at the hub and a bite to eat with some riders i rode yesterday, and i felt no better at all, ****!

So just a lap of the blue to finish off and really wish i had the legs to enjoy the final descent in the way i’d normally have it.

108 ss kms in two days and i’m an achy mess. Jez i need to ride more.

RealMan
    Free Member

Road ride with the rest of the uni club. Exeter to diggerhead and back, 36 miles, two hours. Cloudy but dry, very nice.

donsimon
    Free Member

Today, nowhere because I knew it was going to rain and blow hard so I did 150km road ride yesterday and am planning 100kms for Sun, Mon and Tues. Gotta love bank holidays. 😆

Johnbot
    Free Member

Went for a quick spin round GT- never seen it so busy , there was a constant flow of bikes. Whats happening at teh start of spooky wood? And that small diversion is great fun – actual single track at GT

_tom_
    Free Member

Just a short road ride. Going Cannock tomorrow for a pootle as my shoulder’s still not right so can’t go full on gnar 🙁

valleydaddy
    Free Member

🙁

no riding for me this weekend as on house husband duty building browny points for the next weekend pass 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

No riding this weekend. Was going up cannock chase but a dodgy back has seen that idea off. Just been to a kids party at the bowling alley…oh happy days. 🙁

Not all bad as I am on the lash later. 😀

That’ll sort the back out.

KonaTC

Quick spin around Woburn Woods

oxforddan
    Free Member

just 1 lap at cannock today but very good trail. bigger ride next weekend

hairyscary

Northwest Highlands in stunning weather.

more here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jocarda1/sets/72157625002113085/

Philby

42 mile road ride around North Somerset.

jam-bo

river dart.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Quantocks. It’s never bad.

Rorschach
    Free Member

10 times round a field 5 minutes from the man city footy ground.

elaineanne
    Free Member

riding tomorrow 8) (now that i have new gear gables inners and outers (couldnt shift into middle ring yestaday 😥

jedi

4hours flying through the air at herts shore 🙂

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Nothing today. Other than a trip down to the LBS to get my shifter looked at.

saxabar
    Free Member

Over from Bangor to Llanberis via Lake Padarn, and then up Snowdon until halfway and thought better of it. It was very windy up there today (70mph?). Descent and then up through the slate mines eventually making our way down to Rhiwlas, and then back to Bangor. Aside from Snowdon conditions, it was a total summer’s day.

rOcKeTdOg

back to the flat of warwickshire today 21 miles, one bike shop and some new knee warmers
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/5064884389/]Peggy 3D button[/url] by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

coastkid
    Free Member

great days riding at Wanlockhead…

lord
    Free Member

lee quarry , windy as hell , nice evening apart from that

Si
    Free Member

Maxin the rad skilz in the cleave on da D-Moor.

rOcKeTdOg

that looks just a little hillier than my route 😐

gordonb
    Free Member

had to double park at the hub for a quick toilet stop, a wee spin round Inners XC, and even though there was an uplift day there, only 5 other people on the route, and then popped back to GT for a blast round the red route… sitting on the sofa enjoying some real ale, before cooking steak and tatties for dinner. Depending of the wind, a road ride tomorrow!

allthepies
    Free Member

43 miler to see some deer rutting in Windsor Great Park 🙂

<makes deer rutting noise>

elaineanne
    Free Member

would you care to explain jedi … in detail… (you not been on the magic mushrooms have you ? lol

Lummox

short road ride section in support of and with the lads from the watch the two firefighters were from that died in Hampshire recently.

Top lads, cycling to every station in the county in 24hrs to say thankyou for charity work.

if you see them out an about give them a shout in support please.

chakaping
    Free Member

Aston Hill.

Bit slippy but in a fun way – and good to get out on my big bike for first time in more than a month.

jedi

been riding herts shore. awesome conditions 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Surrey hills with a newbie mate, he’s getting better fast, no crashes today.

GW
    Free Member

3 or 4hrs local XC on my own then a short ride with GFs son(8), never ventured more than a couple of miles from my front door and didn’t ride the same bit twice almost totally dry too 😀

coastkid – looks way nicer this weekend (kinda glad we bailed to Drumlanrig last weekend TBH)

mrplow
    Free Member

Kirroughtree, utterly utterly mint.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Took a guy newish to riding for a lap of Y Wal at Afan, he loved it and I knackered my BB on the first climb but still had a great time

coastkid
    Free Member

GW im glad i made it this weekend…though it took about 5 seconds from HH on the phone last night and i was there :o..that descent off from that big golf ball thing on the hill top is ace!,
    its the bit used in the film Home with Rik from Drumalrig…
    does it have a name anyone? we named it no left turn…for obvious reasons!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

60mile ‘up tempo’ road ride with an uber-fit mate. Legs are in pieces right now.

Probably not the best prep for tomorrows cross race :0/

tandemwarriors

We were up Ben Arthur (the Cobbler). Glorious sunshine but a howling gale at the top. A stonking run back down 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Peaks pootle, crashed twice, one hurt, one didn’t…. knackered now

Scamper
    Free Member

Penmachno this morning. Cannock Monkey tomorrow.

Vortexracing

Grizedale with a comedy off.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/17059060@N00/5065333753/]P1020893[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

only did 18 miles (3000ft of climbing) and I’m now absolutely buggered

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Where have you all been riding today?’ is closed to new replies.