Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where has the preview button gone?
  • akira

Just going to post stuff on classifieds and wanting to put some flickr pics in and it always goes wrong as the forum help says post the bb code and if you post what flickr gives you its very long and you obviously have to delete a huge chunk of it so i like having the preview button. its gone…..

akira

I know it works when replying but doesnt appear when youre posting a new topic.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t you just like how it feels to live life on the edge!

akira

Maybe if I’d had a glass of wine but it’s not even eight o clock yet!

Drac

Maybe if I’d had a glass of wine but it’s not even eight o clock yet!

And?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It’s been replaced by that sodding “we value your privacy” box you see on every new page on the forum on PC Google Chrome at least.

akira

Drac it might be the weekend but we’re not animals.

Drac

Drac it might be the weekend but we’re not animals.

Well I started at 19.15 which given I tend not to drink at home that’s pretty good going.

akira

You staring at my pint, forgttaboit it he’s not worth it. Godamn I could have been someone…fazzdfgh

Drac

Come on then!

oldnpastit

I have a preview button, firefox 63.

I think the stuff about posting the BBcode from Flickr is only there to confuse you.

You have to extract the .jpg URL and then hit the “image” icon up there, and past the URL into there. Then it either appears by magic in the edit box, or you get a crappy rectangle which is supposed to somehow tell you where you went wrong.

You would think that STW could have some JavaScript which could spot a Flickr URL and extract the bits it wants, but I guess that’s just too far advanced – only humans are smart enough to achieve this feat of intellectual accomplishment.

If computers are ever advanced enough that they can automatically extract the image URL from Flickr BBcode, I suspect that they will rise up and slaughter their fleshy overlords a few microseconds later.

tjagain

or you can just use the flickr code.  this is just a straight copy and paste of the flickr bb code.  Its what they ask you to do

[url=https://flic.kr/p/K4vUeX]IMG_1363[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

Squidlord
    Free Member

I’ve given up trying to post links, but just wanted you to know that I value your privacy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where has the preview button gone?’ is closed to new replies.