• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by bol.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where has decent stock (not Oakley) of riding glasses in the South West?
  • amedias
    Free Member

I’ve been struggling to find some proper fitting glasses for riding for ages now, turns out my nose is too wide at the top for most frames…

The Endura range looks good but trying to find somewhere that has a decent but not Oakley priced glasses in stock that I can actually try on before buying but not having much luck…

Anyone know of anywhere that has a decent stock?

amedias
    Free Member

bump in case any afternooners are more knowledgeable…

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I used to buy oakleys, but as I’ve got older and wiser, I buy Bolle or Bloc. Much more for your money.

For riding I use Bolle safety glasses. They’re cheap, indestructible, realtively disposable and obviously very protective. Worth a look.

Screwfix for a try on?

zippykona

Screwfix.

amedias
    Free Member

Using Bolle safety specs at the moment and although I manged to find one of their models that fits, the coverage isn’t great, big gap under lense to my cheek that lets a lot of splash in.

Hvae been through ~15 different pairs of cheapo safety specs and only found a couple that fitted.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

errr…Neoguard? MuckyNutz? 😉

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Screwfix etc for Bolle glasses, not perfect but very cheap. TK Maxx have had some ZeroRH+ riding glasses through for £15 recently if you fancy getting your roadie look on.

amedias
    Free Member

errr…Neoguard? MuckyNutz?

doesn’t protect against things thrown up from rider/vehicle in front which is the cause of my recent glasses paranoia after a piece of metal flicked up by a gritting lorry embedded itself in my eye, which resulted in 2 trips to hospital last week to have said shard of metal (ad then remaining rust) removed from my cornea with evil eye-scarping whizzy brush thing

zilog6128

As a semi-tangent, whilst researching whether or not I could use my prescription Oakleys for playing Airsoft (you can) I discovered that they comply with ANSI Z78.1 (impact resistance) which AFAIK means they count as safety specs. Which is nice.

dannymite1981
    Free Member

try your nearest decathlon,there very good value for money imo and have quite a few to choose from.

dannymite1981
    Free Member

try your nearest decathlon,there very good value for money imo and have quite a few to choose from.

wrecker
    Free Member

Snow and Rock sell (or sold) ryders eyewear. I find them excellent.

amedias
    Free Member

went into snow and rock on the way home, selection was okish but couldn’t find anything that fit properly except proper dark sunglasses so no option for swapping lenses or lighter tint.

my nearest decathlon is reading, whihc is a bit too far from devon!

anyone know of anywhere else in the SW area that has decent stock?

bol

Like you say, Endura is a good option: tones of choice and fits and relatively cheap. One of my LBS has a huge range, which it looks like they had to commit to for the stand. Stockists near you may have done the same.

I have the same issue of broad nose and in my case “a lot of face”. I tried a lot of Enduras on, but in the end bought some unused Oakley Radar Range glasses from eBay for similar money. Range is their biggest lense which looks much less ridiculous on my face, and may fit yours.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where has decent stock (not Oakley) of riding glasses in the South West?’ is closed to new replies.