• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by scud.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where else to look for a particular discontinued older frame/bike?
  • amedias
    Free Member

I’ve been on the hunt for ages for a particular frame that’s been discontinued for a while (Singular Osprey) and have search alerts set up on eBay, Gumtree, Google and I also regularly trawl the classifieds of STW, Retrobike, LFGSS, YACF, CUK etc. I’ve also stuck up WTDs but they obviously disappear from view pretty quickly. I’ve caught a couple this way over the last year but both have been the wrong size.

Is there anywhere else you guys can think of that I could be looking, any other forums with decent/busy classifieds where that kind of thing might pop up? Anyone know of one in their local LBS long since forgotten about?

Does Shpock yield anything? How about FB groups? I’m a member of a few but most of my interactions with FB sellers and buyers have been ‘challenging’.

Sorry this is a bit classifiedsy but genuinely interested to know if anyone has any suggestions as I’ve been on the look out for over a year now!

tomhoward

The more places you look, the more chance you have of finding what you are looking for…

is there a singular owners club page on Facebook?

amedias
    Free Member

Not sure if there is a Singular FB group, I’ll go check!

Got any other suggestions for more places other than the ones I’m already looking at?

Cheezpleez

Worth an ask on the Bearbones forum. Maybe also the Bike and bivvy and Stooge owners FB groups.

amedias
    Free Member

Ta for those suggestions, will check it out. Stooge group seems an odd choice, do you know something?

Andy

The thought is probably the sort of person who owns a Stooge might also own an Osprey. You could also try One Cog Facebook page or message owners direct via a search on Instagram of #singularcycles #singularosprey

rOcKeTdOg

have you tried Sam or the German distributor? Sam has found bits and pieces for me in the past that he has but isn’t shown on the website

amedias
    Free Member

Tried Sam etc. They’ve not got anything, there is one in NZ but shipping makes it a bit cost prohibitive.

thanks for all the suggestions though guys

scud
    Free Member

Worth watching on instagram and putting wanted under #singularosprey ?

I know there is an XL one floating around on ebay.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where else to look for a particular discontinued older frame/bike?’ is closed to new replies.