Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 219 total)
  • Where does your username come from?
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

From a shared house at Uni, neighbours owned a deviant and very sneaky Tomcat with huge and overactive testicles and spray glands. It sprayed most of our house – bikes, motorbikes, crapped in the garden – sprayed that too.

It was named Roger one drunken evening after the collective punishment we decided it needed if we ever caught it.

We found it doing a manhole impression on Bromyard Rd,but decided feline necrophilia was taking things a bit far so threw it over the neighbours fence.

In tribute to him I adopted the name on the first forum I used and it’s stuck!

philconsequence
    Free Member

because my surnames darcy and i was known at uni for being quite deadly with the ladies 8)

colonelwax
    Free Member

Colon Waxel

I might change my name.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member
    because my surnames darcy and i was known at uni for being quite deadly with the ladies

So how did you get to Phil Consequence 😕

wwaswas

*expects philc to now login as DD to explain where the philc username came from*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*expects philc to now login as DD to explain where the philc username came from*

If those two are really the same person then, well, I’m Edukator and Solo too.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I usually go by another “handle” on forums etc, but thought something punning on the world of MTB would be a rite larf.

It only makes sense if you aren’t Welsh.

Beagleboy

Unfortunate accident with the lab mascot and a protein crosslinker, hence Beagleboy. You should see me go after rabbits though. 😉

wwaswas

I’m Edukator and Solo too.

*licks pencil and updates list of users with multiple logins*

my2ndlogin
    Free Member

Because my 1st log in is already in use.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I used to be Big Bike Bash but was asked to relinquish the name. Apparently there is an amazing festival in August of the same name and they didn’t want any confusion.

So if you want to go to the New Forest for a whle weekend of Beer, Bikes and Bands you should go the http://www.BigBikeBash.co.uk and not WorldClassAccident.

I hope that is clear and that no-one feels I am in any way promoting the best bike fest in the UK with the only lake jump and malt loaf eating competition available.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

My initials are ‘JAB’ but this is either normally taken or too short for most forums. Instead of competing with all the ‘I want to be alphabetically first’ types, I just settle for being alphabetically last on user-lists.

HermanShake
    Free Member

It’s an anagram of my name.

wwaswas

Sherman Hake?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

(Mis-spelled) Only survivor of a disaster family wreck, as in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Whoppit

P20

Boring, but mines from my Ritchey

Ritchey P20 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

I lost my log in details and was C40 after my Colnago, but got P20 back when the forum was reset

HermanShake
    Free Member

You got the first 2 letters wwaswas 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Its a crap reference to my old bike.(green-ish Giant XTC)

GrahamS

You got the first 2 letters wwaswas

She-He ‘n’ Karma?

(Good band name)

bigblackshed

I could explain……..

I use it on every forum pretty much. In the social scene centered around a few music and band forums, it was shortened to BBS or more recently, Shed.

RustySpanner

I like The Smiths.
    I’m also a terrible, lazy mechanic.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I like it GS, you also got a letter. Here’s a clue for the Herman hangmanagram:

Sh—– K—

I imagine only those I’ve bought from/sold to would get it. It’s not the most common of names!

cheese@4p

Because Im a lazy sod

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Shameer Khan

bikebouy
    Free Member

I came from a windsurfing forum where I used (fin)bouy which fitted well as I use fins on my board and bob around in the sea a lot (like a bouy)

So here I simply replaced (fin) with bike and kept the bouy so I can still link myself to the sea..

franksinatra

New York, New York!

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve always been bakes, which is what people call me, but after the Great Hacking Debacle of Christmas 2008 I thought I’d change it in case it wouldn’t let me have bakes again. I then changed it back to bakes when you could change your username, but then it changed to brakes.
    this is not an interesting story, but I guess you’ve realised that.

metalheart
    Free Member

because I’d lost the calling and I’d been faking…

weare138
    Free Member

Mines a song title by us hardcore band, The Misfits.

njee20
    Free Member

My initials – NJEE, not en-jee, although I tend to introduce myself as en-jee as everyone thinks it’s that, and it’s quicker to say!

The 20 came from when I signed up for Hotmail:

“njee is taken, would you like njee20?”

Edukator
    Free Member

The film.

tops5
    Free Member

I used to have 5 Spot (see what I did?)

colonelwax
    Free Member

We are 138 is my favourite Misfit’s song. Probably the version off Evilive with Rollins on it.

Although the first time I heard it was on tape and so distorted it sounded like someone was playing a trumpet in the background.

Rickos
    Free Member

It’s a Greek holiday thing from about 1993.

Marin
    Free Member

Its what I was riding at the time. Could have been Giant, On One or Claude but twas a quirk of fate how they were all stacked up in the kitchen.

HermanShake
    Free Member

TSY, you win the Hermanagram trophy:

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Pretty boring really, my name is Andy w, and my other sport is this:

xiphon
    Free Member

Was my online gaming tag from the days of dial-up…. sheeesh that was a while ago!

lambchop
    Free Member

Signing up for STW forum back in the day and needed a username. Looked up at the CD shelf above the PC and the first album I saw was ‘Nixon’ by Lambchop. That’ll do I thought.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Where does your username come from?’ is closed to new replies.