Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 217 total)
  • Where does your username come from 2017?
  • Pyro

That is all.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Military nickname for the blokes in the Raf Regt, of which I was once a part of many, many years ago!

onewheelgood

prawny

I signed up for another forum where people had cool nicknames, I’ve never had a nickname, so I chose something that sort of rhymed with my name so I was one of the cool kids too.

No one in the real world knows me as prawny, which is useful I spose if any of my managers ever frequent the same forums as me.

MrOvershoot

Lets just say I’ve missed a few corners in my time

natrix
    Free Member

I sometimes see a grass snake when riding through the local woods (pretty sure its the same snake, mostly in the same place, year after year), natrix natrix is the latin for grass snake 😀

kilo

Old call sign(s) from work – I was Kilo 10 for a number of years and Kilo was also the call sign for the motorbike on our surveillance deployments

BoardinBob

Been snowboarding since the early nineties

My names Bob

Signed up for the Snowboard UK forum somewhere around 2001

Combined the two but forgot the “G” 😳

tazzymtb

say it all really, except the cartoon character does marginally less damage than I’ve been known to

in reality i look like this

matt_outandabout

I’m Matt.
    I’m often out.
    And about.

richardkennerley

When I first signed up as a premier subscriber I didn’t think I would use the forum 🙄

MrPottatoHead

Its a pun based on my surname, rather than me just not knowing how to spell properly.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It’s my name

fogliettaz
    Free Member

The mountain I ski on.

kerley
    Free Member

It is my surname

hammyuk
    Free Member

Rockape63 – Member
    Military nickname for the blokes in the Raf Regt, of which I was once a part of many, many years ago!

Still get grief now whenever anyone hears that 🙄

teasel
    Free Member

CharlieMungus » It’s my name

Your parents missed a trick there, eh… 🙂

manvstarmac

Signed up to another forum with this user name soon after I’d been knocked off and used my face to slow myself and the bike (to which I was still attached) down.

I don’t recommend it – tarmac won

The name of the parrot/hawk in Bottom.

juanking

Ermmmm.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I tried to photoshop James off the forum but couldn’t, so have had to settle for Jamie.
    The reality is I hate it when people call me Jamie 🙁

thegreatape
    Free Member

I was buffetslayer on the old forum. My skills on that front might be why I ended up with the body shape my current username alludes to?

matt_outandabout

juanking – Member
    Ermmmm

Don’t be shy, do expand….

😉

flumewelck
    Free Member

When I started to mtb i would ride up a big hill and think I was nearing the top only to find a bigger climb around the corner.I would say to myself..(well f@#k me) did this all the time… so when asked for a username..have a guess what I said to myself.

langylad
    Free Member

Old footy manager used to shout ‘gerit to langylad’ as I was on the wing.
    Strange as I’m called Loretta.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Ex girlfriend bought me a round squashy thing 20 odd years ago. It’s called a mudmonster and is supposed to relieve stress. Biking relieves stress better though and now and again I get covered in mud.

beej

BJ was taken.

burt
    Free Member

Had an Airborne Lancaster when I joined.

allthegear
    Free Member

I made it up.

I did consider asking the mods* to change it a few years ago as I was a bit sensitive to double meaning but kind of learned to love it in the end.

Rachel

* autocorrected to “kids” initially. Make of that what you will

elwoodblues
    Free Member

Well…

I drive like Elwood, but look like Jake.

Ambrose

Rather predictably, it’s my name.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I was given my name by a dear (now deceased) friend who was known as the Earl of Wisbech – I used to live in Church Gresley, and co-incidentally before that grew up a couple of miles from Netherseal Rectory where Sir Nigel Gresley grew up.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Mine is from the old days of peer to peer sharing sites.

Poopscoop

My online gaming name used to be Butt Nugget in Counter Strike BITD mainly as I was so bad at it for months. Until it became a bit of a (bad) obsession and I got pretty damned good at the game.

I then went a bit more upmarket with Poopscoop.

Then started using it on forums and the like.

SaxonRider

Rather predictably, it’s my name.

And one of my sons, who shares it, is pleased that you are on here.

nstpaul

Ironic take on myself/the industry I work in. Could have been PaulTheBear but that’s just too much typing…

ratadog

Rata the labrador, still manages most of my social media presence from beyond the grave bless her.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

My other outdoor sport is sculling. The rest of my username is self explanatory…

llama

I am he exiled spiritual leader of Tibet innit

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Back in the day, Leffeboy and a couple of our mates produced a short lived mountain bike flyer called Moont.

In those days random punters could show up at a World Cup cross country race and shared the start line with the pros. At one of the Grundig or Carlsberg sponsored races at Rothiemurchus the Italian announcer tried to find me over the PA. He mispronounced my surname as MC Laren. MC Hammer was big at the time. The unlikely prefix stuck.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Where does your username come from 2017?’ is closed to new replies.