Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where do you put yours ? ( mtb cleats )
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

So where do you position yours ..
    I first read this article back in May ..and having previously had them as far forward as possible ..decided to try them further back ( in the middle ) ..
    I haven’t noticed any difference really ..my legs are still shagged at the end of a long ride !

How to Position your Clipless Cleats for MTB Riding

mrmoofo

I was old skool with them at the front… but now mid/ back…. seems more comfortable as you push with the whole foot …..

steve_b77
    Free Member

Roughly in the forward threaded holes but with the rearward threaded holes towards the back of the slots

molgrips
    Free Member

Behind the ball of my foot, been the same for decades.

fossy

Ball of foot directly over the axel.

soobalias
    Free Member

as far back as they will go

dufusdip
    Free Member

+1 the sticky out bone on the ball of the foot over the pedal axle spindle

mattherby
    Free Member

Pretty much as far back as they go, with a slight toe out. Came from riding flats so positioned them where I would put my foot on a flat pedal.

I don’t understand putting them too far forward because you’re not directly over the axle?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

DH/Enduro/Trail back of the slot
    XC further forward

Akers

Used to have mine positioned so the axle was under the ball of the foot, but I’ve recently moved them further back to try and get my heels down and more into the bike.

vincienup
    Free Member

A couple of years ago I realised mine were too far forward and I was essentially pedalling with my toes. This had led to calves of steel but relatively weak thighs. Moving them back a bit was hard at first as I found myself really using muscles that had been underused for a while but ultimately improved power and endurance. Probably will help with msk issues down the road, too!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where do you put yours ? ( mtb cleats )’ is closed to new replies.