Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Where do you buy jeans?
  • FuzzyWuzzy

Has anyone bought jeans from Spoke-London? Are they any good?

I bought a pair of their travel denim ones a few months back, I really like them and no signs of wear. The winter weight ones look interesting but I’m trying to lose weight at the mo so holding off investing in anymore trousers :p

BillMC

Had 4 pairs of Carharrts which were good but I prefer zips to studs. Just bought 2 pairs of Levis 510s of Ebay, one nearly new and 1 bnwt, £70 all up.
    Bought a Schott leather jacket in TKMaxx about 8 yrs for £130 ago but nothing since.

ElShalimo

thanks @FuzzyWuzzy

Blackflag
    Free Member

https://communityclothing.co.uk/

Made in UK at sensible prices by that guy from the sewing bee on telly

nedrapier

Last pair I bought were Vulpine Opus from Sport Pursuit last year. Practically lived in them October to March, back in them now.

Comfy, look good, bit of stretch, diamond gusset for a soothing perineal cycling experience. Reflecty detail on turn ups.

Wearing well, too.

I bought 34in as well, just in case, but missed the return date, so there’s a pair with tags on if anyone’s interested. Nothing sight this paragraph was written to sell though, love mine, wearing them now. Would be happy to have a couple of pairs of 32in for sparesies.

supernova

I’m sold on Uniqlo jeans now too. Stretchy!

jambourgie
    Free Member

When did Levis get so expensive? Last pair was just over £100. And six months on the arse has gone out of them.

Kuco

I just bought 2 pairs of Levi 501 from John Lewis, £100 down to £30. The first jeans I’ve bought in 13 years.

jonwe
    Free Member

Paul smiths fit me well and don’t go baggy after 6 months like levis. PSA: Good deals at their online shop right now.

CountZero

When did Levis get so expensive? Last pair was just over £100. And six months on the arse has gone out of them.

No idea – I think the last Levi’s I bought was around forty years ago. My most recent jeans purchase was probably mentioned here, didn’t actually check, but it was two pairs of Uniqlo Japanese Selvedge, regular fit straight leg in unwashed Indigo.

They cost about £75, iirc. That’s for two pairs. The fit is just like straight leg 501’s from the 60’s, plus they do seem to have revised their sizing – the first ones I tried in their London store in my usual size of 32×34 wouldn’t go over my thighs, and I’m not that muscle-bound! 34×34 fitted perfectly. I bought 32×34 by mistake this time, and the fit was spot-on.

They’re excellent jeans, real selvedge denim for that sort of money is a proper bargain.

chewkw
    Free Member

Anything more than £50 is expensive for me especially jeans.

Definitely not buying into the brands.

Yak

Whilst I did like my Uniqlo selvedge jeans, one pair has gone too tight and the other gone too baggy. Both about a year old.
    The alpkit have stayed the same, worn in, but the fit hasn’t changed.

jambourgie
    Free Member

The fit is just like straight leg 501’s from the 60’s

Were 501’s different back then then? Reason I ask is when I went to buy (my first) pair of Levis this year. I initially wanted 501’s thinking them a style classic. But when I tried them on they were awful flappy dad-jeans. Not what I expected at all. Went for the 511/512 can’t remember which.

stevextc
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m the same but still GAP… basically whatever is on sale in 28″ waist under £20 and preferably that stretchy version they do (good for knee pads) as I’m not that fussy.

simon_g

M&S seem to only display slim / skinny stretch jeans in store but they do them in all fits online. Tapered stretch is good for my thighs and calves without going all 90s baggy. £25, or £35 for vintage washes.

TiRed

Guess skinny stretchy jeans from the mens clothing section of Daniels, our independent “Grace Brothers” department store. They are a perfect fit and I am wearing them as I type. 30/32 and I think I’ll source another pair. About £50 in their sale.

dantsw13

All my jeans are Express stretchy skinny fit from when I used to fly to the US monthly. They are all wearing out since I moved to European Shorthaul flying 5 years ago so I need to find a new brand.

configuration
    Free Member

I’m sold on Uniqlo jeans now too. Stretchy!

Jeggings! I find them excellent for cycling in, so much comfier than regular non-stretch jeans. They do wear out quicker though, and are a bit hot for warmer weather.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Primark or pep&Co round here.Seem OK to me.

Cletus

Since I started commuting by bike (only 3km each way) I have been wearing Tesco jeans which cost approx £20 and come in a range of fits – slim, straight and loose – and are stretchy which makes cycling comfortable.

They are a classic design with no logos and last quite well. What may be interesting to the OP is that I have lost 25 pounds and they pairs I had at the start still fit ok because of the stretch qualities.

They come with a lowish quality belt which seems like a bit of a waste as I guess many buyers do not use them but overall good value for money. If they become too large the cost is not such that I would resent donating them to a charity shop and buying the next size down.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

I will ask the wife….

Coats already on pitchforks down STW.

TiRed

@dantsw13 I had the same issue with some RSQ jeans that were skinny, stretchy and perfect. The shop I go to in Philadelphia Mall closed. M&S skinny didn’t quite cut it (but cheap). The Guess are spot on.

hatter

Edwin, Howies or Hiut, of the three Hiut are easily the best quality, really thick, sturdy fabric and bombproof stitching, you pay it though.

dantsw13

@TiRed – thanks, will try 👍

sprootlet
    Free Member

@nedrapier, good to hear positives about Vulpine jeans as I was thinking of trying them.
    They are on sportspursuit at the moment …….

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.