Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Where do you buy jeans?
  • Premier Icon gastromonkey
    Free Member

I need some new jeans but I’m in the middle of losing weight so I don’t want to spend a lit of money when they will only fit me for a few months. I have tried Next but the shape of the jeans looked odd. Gap was always my go to place for jeans but I need to try them on and since they closed the shops it’s not easy to do unless I order loads of different pairs.

Where is good to buy cheap jeans that don’t look terrible?

Premier Icon K

If you are loosing weight why not pop in to some charity shops? Rather than buy cheap to be disposable.

Premier Icon BigJohn

There’s usually a Levi’s store in those awful outlet village places. Or M&S or Tesco

Premier Icon binners

TK Maxx if you want decent stuff without paying a fortune. They always seem to have brands like French Connection and Levi’s in, but you’re paying 30 quid a pair for them, rather than 70 or 80

Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Same thing happened for me dropping from size 44 to 34. Start off with jeans that are a bit tight and so lose weight and wear a belt. Get to the point they’re just too big and buy some tight jeans, Repeat. I am hoping my waist won’t be getting much thinner and the 34 inch jeans will just get a bit loose.

First replace my 44″ Wranglers with some 42″ Wranglers then it was going to be 40″ but I couldn’t face buying more when I had only worn the last pair for just over a month so then it was £22 M&S ones. I wore for about 6 weeks before they were too lose so became jeans for doing stuff in the garage.

Premier Icon james-rennie

Save the planet and go charity shop, or 2nd hand online with Depop/Vinted/eBay if you know exactly what you want.

(Usual STW recommend what you own…) If you prefer something not steeped in the farts of strangers, try uniqlo’s regular fit; well made, long lasting, no weird “fashion” shapes.
    Right now I’m wearing a 10 year old pair. Bought 2 pairs 10 years ago, one pair has finally been binned and I’ve recently replaced that pair with a new one of the same.

Premier Icon Cougar

The last time I bought jeans, the high street stores had all the different styles. Skinny; extra skinny; super-skinny; skin-tight; paint-on… If I wore something like that I’d look like an advertisement for a famine appeal.

Think I ended up at a Levi store in the end, paying silly money for something that used more than 3″ of denim.

Premier Icon iainc

Stretchy Levi ones from Amazon

Premier Icon kelvin

they will only fit me for a few months

I echo the charity shop comment. The financial cost isn’t the only issue. If the jeans don’t need to last, why not use up the remaining wear in an existing pair of jeans rather than add to the demand for new ones to be made?

Premier Icon Freester
    Free Member

Gap do free returns. I had a similar issue lost a load of weight. The problem with Gap is their sizes vary between batches. Same style etc one minute I was a 33 waist then they were too small when I ordered exactly the same size and cut. And before you say it – the 33’s I ordered previously fit fine!!

Premier Icon gallowayboy

Plus one for charity shop. I have one pair of nice Howie’s jeans I’ve had for years, and another couple of charity shop numbers that get worn out and replaced as required.

Premier Icon kayla1

Another charity shops FTW from me 😎

Premier Icon fazzini

I tried charity shops but could not get anything to fit properly. (I’m very fussy due to lots of things not for discussion here) so I ended up with TU ones from sainsbury. As good quality as brands and cheap. (i apologise for killing the planet but I’ve bought 2 pairs in 4 years)

Premier Icon crab
    Free Member

Tk Maxx for Levi’s or Diesel. Obviously but hit and miss as to what’s in stock but normally come away with something ok for around £30.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

is TJ on a break, he’s normally pretty quick to provide denim based sartorial advice?

Premier Icon cynic-al

TKs

Premier Icon simondbarnes
    Free Member

I gave up buying cheap jeans as they just didn’t last me at all (few months). Didn’t want to buy expensive ones as I’m always planning to lose weight but gave in in the end and bought some from HebTroCo. If I lose weight then I’ll just keep them as I’ll almost certainly be fat again at some point.

Premier Icon Caher

is TJ on a break, he’s normally pretty quick to provide denim based sartorial advice?

Say his name 3 times in front of a mirror.

44 down to 34 that’s some achievement, how long did that take?

Premier Icon Daffy

Diesel – Second hand from ebay.

Premier Icon prettygreenparrot

Charity shop or vintage clothing store? I agree.

Denim Doctor does repairs so you can keep favoured jeans going for ages if, say, the crotch wears out or the knees go.

New jeans? Brave Star every time these days.

Premier Icon nixie

Alpkit bouldering jeans. So comfortable.

Premier Icon redthunder
    Free Member

Lidl or Aldi.

Always seemed OK.

#workzone #workwear

Premier Icon jon1973
    Free Member

Sainsbury’s

Premier Icon mrdobermann
    Free Member

Does anyone make decent quality jeans now?
    Uniqlo were doing some ok (still not great) ones a few years ago.

Premier Icon binners

Does anyone make decent quality jeans now?

Yes. The same people who’ve been making decent quality jeans for ever.

Premier Icon chrismac

Alpkit. So comfy

Premier Icon petedee
    Free Member

Primani.

Premier Icon chewkw
    Free Member

Where do you buy jeans?

Debenhams own brand of stretch jeans before they closed down.

TK Maxx occasionally.

Nothing cost more than £40.

Premier Icon Fat-boy-fat

Howies and Spoke. Neither cheap nor temporary. Incredibly long lasting. Still wearing Howies jeans that are over 10 years old. A lot less wear in the last 2 years as Fox Slambozo Technical shorts are the leg wear of choice.

Premier Icon northernmatt

Another for Sainsbury’s here. Mainly because I abhor clothes shopping like nature abhors a vacuum so being able to buy a pair of jeans while I buy beer/bacon/bread is the most convenient solution.

Also, they are cheap.

Premier Icon fooman
    Free Member

Alpkit bouldering jeans. So comfortable.

15% off too with EGGSTRA15 I’m going to try a pair

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

Hot UK Deals for Levi’s alerts based on my size. Not run out in years and never pay more than £30.

Premier Icon jimmy

TK Maxx if you want decent stuff without paying a fortune

Branded, yes. Decent?

Premier Icon RustyNissanPrairie

Diesel from Costco a few years ago but not sure if they’ve done them since.

I am a male supermodel so can rock a pair of skinny’s

Premier Icon Caher

Shirley we all agreed a few years ago it was Next?

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

Next ones wear thin soooo quickly. They are comfy but crap.

Premier Icon lunge

Edwin jeans, generally from Brown Bag. Quality jeans at reasonable prices.

Premier Icon aP
    Free Member

I’ve been buying jeans in Uniqlo. The selvedge isn’t the bargain it was about 10 years ago but they’re still reasonable quality and fit.

Premier Icon TiRed

M&S for Lycra stretchy jeans. Bought some skinny ones to replace a favourite pair I wore through and they’re very good. Curiously the £25 organic cotton ones fitted less well and were dyed a different colour to the cheaper non-organic. £22 will see you fine in any style you desire. The Lycra will give you a longer wear as you lose more weight.

Premier Icon dc1988

My Next jeans fit well and have worn well, though they are probably at least 6 years old so maybe they aren’t made so well any longer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.