Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where do get custom measured for a bike (probably in the south east)
  • Joe

I want to get measured for a road bike for the first time in my life. I have bought several high end bikes from several high end bike shops and even the shops which popped me on a jig never really gave me a bike i was happy with.

I want to go somewhere where the interest isn’t in selling me a bike in a hurry, but really getting the “ideal” setup. I’ll then take these measurements and try and match them to an off the peg frame or if I’m feeling rich get something custom made for me.

I know there used to be a guy at Manchester velodrome who people raved about, but what about closer to London or Bristol (I live in Yemen at the moment, but have work in London and South Wales in June)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

AW Cycles seem keen to say they offer what you’re looking for. If you end up buying a bike off them they knock the fitting price off of the bike.

I went to Bike Dynamics in Warwick but he’s about getting your bike to fit you… might be worth dropping him a mail anyway.

mrmo
    Free Member

word of advice, there isn’t really a “correct” setup. Depends on your flexibility your willingness to adopt a position and the purpose of the bike.

So whatever you choose be very clear on what you want from the bike.

stufield
    Free Member

cyclefit
    mosquito cycles

DezB
    Free Member

There’s a STW member from awcycles around sometimes.

crikey
    Free Member

word of advice, there isn’t really a “correct” setup. Depends on your flexibility your willingness to adopt a position and the purpose of the bike.

This.

The whole ‘bikefit’ industry is based on ignoring this and selling you perfection. The fit of your bike is personal, and the only person who can decide it is you.

Unfortunately for those people with lots of money and little time, it’s not something you can buy off the peg; you have to put the time and effort in.

Any bikefit is simply one persons idea of what is right for you, and if you go to 10 different people, you may well end up with 10 different ideas.

I ride with a position which is longer from seat to hoods than any of my friends, yet I am shorter in height than any of them…

titusrider
    Free Member

heard good things about
    http://www.bike-science.com/

in bristol, will be going for similar reasons to you when i have the cash around

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Have you thought of getting one made-to-measure from Roberts in Croydon?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where do get custom measured for a bike (probably in the south east)’ is closed to new replies.