Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Where did all the love go?
  • headfirst
    Free Member

getting back to the point, I’ve just read the ‘giving up’ thread and was nearly in tears – its a great example of where the love is

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

btw RB, I was expecting a lot of intellectual bollox. So no disappointment there 😀

jonb
    Free Member

Jey was something cooked up on the old MBUK board iirc.

I thought it was a style of riding, jey bike, jey rider is a lycra clad xc boy who can’t jump or ride trail modern trail centres well. Nowt to do with your sexuality.

Neither gay nor jey are particularly offensive because there’s nothing wrong with either. I can confess to being a bit jey, as I like road biking, am not great at jumping (but I’m trying) and I like climbing hills. Need some Jey pride.

AdamW
    Free Member

btw RB, I was expecting a lot of intellectual bollox. So no disappointment there

Well, ask a silly question and you get a silly answer…. 😀

But as headfirst said:

getting back to the point, I’ve just read the ‘giving up’ thread and was nearly in tears – its a great example of where the love is

I think that demonstrates that the ‘love’ has not gone and is definitely around. If the only aspect of non-love is there some minor idiocy regarding terms of abuse that may be deemed acceptable by a 14 year old then I think we’re OK on the ‘love’ side and STW forums are generally a happy bunch!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well, ask a silly question and you get a silly answer.

Actually both the question and the answer were really rather useful imo.

Because now it has firmly been established what the rules are.

The rules (according to you) are that no one is allowed any laughs at the expense of gay men. You on the other hand, are freely allowed to get laughs at the expense of straight men.

I think I’ve got that right, yeah ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Be’ave, Ernie. I really don’t think Adam is having a laugh at anyone’s ‘expense’. I fully support his challenging of attitudes, though. STW is a nice place, overall, because several people are willing to challenge dodgy/ignorant attitudes. Long may that continue. Most folk are sound; let’s not let a few idiots spoil it.

AdamW
    Free Member

Actually both the question and the answer were really rather useful imo.

Because now it has firmly been established what the rules are.

The rules (according to you) are that no one is allowed any laughs at the expense of gay men. You on the other hand, are freely allowed to get laughs at the expense of straight men.

I think I’ve got that right, yeah ?

Erm, no.

Any answer I give will be responded to with the now-used ‘intellectual bollox’ non-answer, obviously, but..

People take the p1ss out of me and my sexuality continually. No issue there. Joking is fine. But using ‘gay’ as a derogatory term is still abusive. You can talk about *me* and my sexuality in a joke as much as you want. I fail to see where I used the term ‘heterosexual’ as a term of abuse in my comment, however, if Gohan is insulted by this then I unreservedly apologise – to him, not to you.

You don’t seem to understand the difference between someone taking the mickey and someone hurling abuse. Take the mickey out of me all you want. The moment I sense vitriol I’ll shout, generally I will laugh.

But this does appear to be somewhat over your head. I still don’t even know if Gohan is straight or not. You do. Amazing thing omniscience; I wish I had it like you appear to.

In effort not to get this thread closed I’m backing off – there is no use discussing this with you as you want to be offended by proxy. But, yes, anyone using ‘gay’ as a term of abuse will be called up on it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Be’ave, Ernie……. I fully support his challenging of attitudes

Oh I see, he’s allowed to ‘challenge attitudes’ but I’m not.

It all makes perfect sense now. Thank you RudeBoy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

AdamW – I have no idea whether ‘Gohan is straight or not’. I was simply asking if your joke was based on the fact that he might be.

Why would the thread get closed btw ?

Rich
    Free Member

🙄

tankslapper
    Free Member

There’s some great love about – for example:

Wife/Girlfriend
    or
    Lady trimming thread

Oh! Wait that was me 😆

There’s a lot of love about but the real question is, is it me or has simonfbarnes left the building? 😆

longweight
    Free Member

Are we still allowed to say MTFU? Surely this implies that it is better to man up than woman up? Is this sexist or allowed as most of the people on this forum are men? Ahhh my head hurts!

rs
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member
    Do you mean he slips on a pair of tights and hangs about with other men in forests ?

You mean Rudeboy is a XC racer? 😳

crispedwheel
    Free Member

anyone else appreciating the beauty of ernie_lynch and AdamW arguing on a ‘where did all the love go?’ thread?
    FWIW I liked AdamW’s joke – nice, and relevant to the thread.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

‘where did all the love go?’

Alas crispedwheel, I fear that you might be closer to the truth than you actually realise. When I first noticed AdamW on here as he proudly announced to everyone “I like cock”, I thought I really like this guy. There’s something very endearing about an ‘in-your-face’ gay guy who doesn’t care and just simply acts himself. Sadly then the prima donna/drama queen stuff started to appear with, “I can poke fun, but it’s not funny when you accuse each other of being gay because it offends me”, I started to have doubts. And now I’m just no longer sure of my feelings anymore. Where indeed, ‘did all the love go?’ 😐

As for the joke ? Well yeah, before I had undergone my full re-eduction programme under the strict guidance of the PC brigade, I would have found the thought of a gay guy teasing a straight guy very amusing. But I now know that humour about someone’s sexuality is clearly incorrect and counter-revolutionary.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ernie; WTF are you wibbling on about?

Have you been sniffing that Evo Stick again?

Right. Adam meant no offence. It was an innocuous, light-hearted joke, which pokes fun at his own sexuality as much as it does anyone else’s.

Could you knock us up a coffee table? I managed to bust mine. Cheap flimsy IKEA crap.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It was an innocuous, light-hearted joke,

The PC brigade better not catch you saying that mate – they’ll ave you.

No, wait, ……………AdamW is in the PC brigade. You should be all right then.

I don’t make coffee tables. Why did you think that I did ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

‘Cos you’re a chippy, no?

What, you can’t knock me up a simple coffee table? Rubbish.

Can yo get us a bit of wood, then?

About 36×18″, two bits, 2 bits of 18″ twobeone and 4×18″ twobetwo.

Ta.

miketually
    Free Member

AdamW’s joke would work whatever his or Rohan’s gender or sexuality, wouldn’t it? Unless I don’t get the joke either?

There’s still a lot of ‘love’ on here, I think. Loads of offers of free stuff, meeting up, help and advice.

Rich
    Free Member

What, you can’t knock me up a simple coffee table? Rubbish.

About 36×18″, two bits, 2 bits of 18″ twobeone and 4×18″ twobetwo.

Ta.

Haha, this thread is so random!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What ? I’m a **** timber merchant now ?

Typical ponce. Get yourself a proper job and do what decent folk do, ie : get yourself down to B&Q on a Sunday afternoon and buy all the materials you need for your ‘big idea’ DIY bodge job.

And don’t go thieving off building sites.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can always knock a coffee table up, for cash of course…I have a bloody good drill with which to do it.

flange
    Free Member

Do you need a hug Ernie? I think you do – there’s a lot of aggression coming out in your posts that I think you need to address

Are you like the neighbour in American Beauty?

mrsflash
    Free Member

The love is most definitely still here.

miketually
    Free Member

The love is most definitely still here.

It is, but sometimes it’s hard to find for the wingeing and sniping.

Rich
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

I can always knock a coffee table up, for cash of course…I have a bloody good drill with which to do it.

Is it a big red drill?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Typical ponce. Get yourself a proper job and do what decent folk do, ie : get yourself down to B&Q on a Sunday afternoon

Eh? Have you been B+Q on a Sunday afternoon??? I saw a fight once, over the last few packs of cheapo spesh offer laminate flooring. Between two women. 😯

And don’t go thieving off building sites.

Oh, that’s marvellous, that is. Calling me a thief now. Nice.

Anyway, you woon’t find owt of any quality on any new build sites these days. All cheap shoddy crap. I’ve had a look.

One place I lived in, we nicked some paving slabs left over from when they were doing the pavements outside, to replace the broken ones on our path. Just as well, because the blokes came along the next day, to clear up, and deliberately smashed every surplus slab. How wasteful is that?

project
    Free Member

Adam W,very well said,Ernie you seem to have a chip on your shoulder, about how Adam W, cracked a straight joke, about Gohan,who hasnt responded.
    Like i said before some on here do have a strong intrest in gay life without actually doing or passing the Gay Practical test.
    Hope the Mods dont close this thread down, like the last one aftermy previous coments,which where taken out of context.

G
    Free Member

… Well I think all gay people are gay! Thats not jey incidentally, which is entirely different, and neither is it gay in the rather strange use of the word meaning “of the light on your loafers persuasion”, but gay in the happy, blowing up balloons and waving flags kind of a way, just in case any half witted PC fetished moron takes my innocent and “feeling the love” remark the wrong way!

Anyway, since when did a someones sexuality become a political movement?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie you seem to have a chip on your shoulder

Yes it’s true, I just can’t deny it anymore, I got this terrible chip on my shoulder ……… 🙄

Look P, all I asked was for AdamW to explain the joke because I thought, I could just maybe, detect a whiff of hypocrisy. And he was obviously well aware that he might be treading on dodgy ground, as he shoved this disclaimer on the bottom of his post : * A joke for the humour-impaired….

So is that the answer then ? OK, I’ll give it a go :

RudeBoy, you can’t make a coffee table because you’re soft gay lacking in skill Norf Landan IT wallah*….

* A joke for the humour-impaired….

OK ? Or does it not work because I’m not AdamW ?

I had no problem whatsoever with the joke, in fact, it fitted in very nicely with my SOH 8) But I can’t help noticing how AdamW is all precious when it suits him, and then appears to apply a completely different set of rules for himself. If I was that sensitive about jokes concerning sexuality, I wouldn’t start posting some myself.

I treat all people equally – black, white,gay, straight, muslim, atheists ….. no one is ‘special’ to me. Including AdamW.

in ……. my opinion.

EDIT : what’s all this ‘don’t want to see the thread closed’ stuff ? Why would it be closed ffs ? It’s the internet and people don’t always agree. Stop taking it so seriously 😕

AdamW
    Free Member

OK, finally I’ll bite.

So far, ernie, you have been rude, insulting and nasty about me and not covered any of the questions asked. Enough.

When I first made the comment I didn’t know if the OP was male or female, gay or straight. The disclaimer was there because, believe it or not, some people find it extremely offensive to be considered attractive to someone who may be the same sex and see it as a sleight against their sexuality. Some even react violently; I know from experience. You’ve never been in such a position, I would guess, so perhaps think before deciding to get angry.

You, on the other hand, decided it was an insult. Now your turn.

Please tell me, ffs, what the insult is? Did I say something like ‘oooooh, you’re straight therefore you’re not as good as me?’ Did I make a comment regarding the OP’s colour/sexuality/whatever? WHAT WAS THE INSULT?

Oh, of course, saying that someone may possibly be attractive is the same as saying ‘oh you must be straight and therefore evil, and must be destroyed’. Obviously. I should have seen it earlier. God help us on Friday because the A&A thread must be akin to being a satan-worshipper!

Grow up ernie. You took a very slight joke and decided, since in other postings I have had the affront to say something like ‘stop using the word gay as a perjorative’ and that has caused you to get uncomfortable. If ‘jey’ means lycra-clad XC’er then I apologise for not apparently reading MBUK (which I only read a long long time ago) and not knowing this designation, or, again, obviously, being in your clique. People come and go on the interwebs and as a result your clique will get smaller and smaller until you’re in a clique of one.

Meh, and if you think this will push me away regarding the issue of using gay as a perjorative, think again. Now I guess this thread will get closed – you have a bee in your bonnet regarding something that isn’t what you think it is (I’m channelling Rumsfeld there).

rOcKeTdOg

perjorative

Common misspelling of pejorative.

pejorative

Disparaging, belittling or derogatory.

i learnt something new today!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

AdamW – couldn’t read all that, but this is obviously really getting to you, so despite my claim “I treat all people equally” I apologise.

Sorry for the hurt which I have clearly caused you.

AdamW
    Free Member

perjorative

Common misspelling of pejorative.

pejorative

Disparaging, belittling or derogatory.

Hmm…. I wondered why my spell-checker kept highlighting it! Now I have learned something!

Ta! 😀

tankslapper
    Free Member

Big hugs – Awwwww!

See there really is love on STW 😀

AdamW
    Free Member

Big hugs – Awwwww!

See there really is love on STW

I couldn’t possibly comment on this topic; I seem to cause trouble when I do 😀

Something I’ve been meaning to ask – how do you slap a tank? ❓

G
    Free Member

Get pissed with him and you’ll find out! I did and I’m only now starting to recover.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Where is the love indeed 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Does this mean I won’t get me coffee table made? 🙁

zaskar
    Free Member

Checks forum today:

See’s cheeky replies and:

Find a Stereotype single hot female mtber:

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Where did all the love go?’ is closed to new replies.