Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Where did all the love go?
  • gohan
    Free Member

i only use this forum because of the helpful and friendly nature of the people who reply to my various questions and such things but i have noticed over the last couple of weeks that its not as friendly as before and now this morning i come on to find threads closed and people complaining about the use of the work jey! come on STW where has the love gone>?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

MTFU you jeyer!!!!
    The sun is out, people will be cheering up in there droves.
    Or maybe the better weather is making people ride more and it is cutting into their forum time, making them grumpy. Or it is exam season, making them grumpy.
    I usually think things are worse when I am grumpy (today I am grumpy) so perhaps should not comment.
    🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

These things come in cycles.

Bunnyhop

gohan-I’ve learn’t over the years who’s threads/postings to ignore and those who are the very type which are helpful, friendly and put a bit of humour into the day.
    Me, I’m always grumpy.

mildred

No, I know exactly what Gohan means – I’ve noticed a lot more rudeness,insults, downright nastiness since the hack.

I started a thread a while ago about phrases that irritate. It was meant as a humourous dig, yet someone came on trying to provoke something, making assumptions about my riding skill and ability – all based on my irritation at the word Huck.

There’s a lot more trolling these days. To be fair I now try to stick to classifieds as any serious queries just fall apart in the greta STW ego battle.

Stoner
    Free Member

There’s a lot more trolling these days.

Not really.
    It comes in waves, but compared to the days of The Prawn and Beer….these are quiet times 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

it’s way friendlier and more mellow these days IMO.

rOcKeTdOg

the sun is out, it’s hotter than normal and it affect people, myself included

pantsonfire
    Free Member

gohan this forum is probably at its mellowest ever. I have been hanging round under various names since about 2003 and at times it has been like going to watch bear baiting. Trolling is also pretty rare these days probably because there are only so many forums a spotty get living in his mums spare room can patrol.

cynic-al
    Free Member

all the trolls either left, grew up or got banned.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I concur with stoner and toastypants. It’s been a while since any decent trolling. Smee tries his best, but he’s not in the same league as beer.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I dont think beer is allowed access to the internet these days hes only allowed to scribble on the padded walls with a crayon

Spongebob
    Free Member

These things come in cycles.

— GROAN!

cinnamon_girl

Can I just say that I think it’s fine. There’s been loads of forum rides and the vibe has been really good. Long may it continue 🙂

Spongebob
    Free Member

What is this word “jey”? I have also seen a word spelt “ghey”.

It’s real confusing, coz the word “gay” is pronounced the same as these tow other words are they not?

Modern slang is so dumb! If someone is stupid, call them stupid, not “jey” or “ghey”. That way people won’t mistake them for being homosexual.

Slang often originates from the street, soit’s just bxllshit anyway.

Who cares if someone is gay anyway!

We need a campaign for real English!

project
    Free Member

Seems as if a lot of people on here are concerned about gays and theyre straight alledgedly.

gohan
    Free Member

well im glad its not just me who has noticed, and it got loads worse since the hack, but it has been busier too, ive been a member for longer than i can remember, since before it was sinletrackworld infact under the name blaze, and altho i keep coming back it just seems to get worse, and i would mtfu but im enough of a man to know that when there is a problem with trolls and the like its time to all chill out and just be nice for a change, ive been responsible for a few angry posts and thats not what this sites about,

zaskar
    Free Member

Been using STW for yrs from 2002? found it great and ppl helpful nad positive.

Thought mtbers were a friendly bunch till now.

I just ignore the rudeness. But you should have to put up with it.

Personally-stick to the bike forum and ignore chat section.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I just ignore the rudeness.

(Sobs)

zaskar
    Free Member

LOL expect Rudeboy-he’s quite amusing and is the Robin Hood of the forum lol. 😆

trailmonkey

LOL expect Rudeboy-he’s quite amusing and is the Robin Hood of the forum lol

Do you mean he slips on a pair of tights and hangs about with other men in forests ? 😉

FWIW, I think that the forum is a lot friendlier since the addition of the emoticons as now you can tell if someone is being ironic/sarcastic or if they mean to be arsey.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

since the addition of the emoticons as now you can tell if someone is being ironic/sarcastic or if they mean to be arsey.

Oh yeah ? So where’s the ‘****-off I think you’re a ****’ emoticon then ?

Because despite my best efforts, I’ll be f**ked if I can find it.

zaskar
    Free Member

ernie **** me off 👿

how’s that?

Just kidding :mrgreen:

get’s me coat 😳

to go kill someone 😈

Actually I love earnie 😯

this is fun… 😛

Stoner
    Free Member

GG:

It’s in the special “book readers” section of the library…

trailmonkey

Oh yeah ? So where’s the ‘****-off I think you’re a ****’ emoticon then ?

Because despite my best efforts, I’ll be f**ked if I can find it.

In fairness, I don’t think you’ve ever been found wanting when that’s the emotion you wish to project. 🙂

nickc

At least beer and the prawn were vaguely funny (when they weren’t being pr&$ks), smee and the likes of AdamG are just annoying.

But, yeah overall, compared to a couple of years ago, it’s pretty grown up. Couldn’t have done Friday A&A back then.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

zaskar …… 👿 is so pathetic, I’ve never used it.

Stoner, your poached one is too 🙄

nickc

Trouble is Ernie, he does that in real life, it’s sooooooooo embarrassing.

Stoner
    Free Member

😛

Stoner
    Free Member

nickc > < Stoner

Kuco

[/url]

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL!

Is that the first ever STW ‘Emoticon Pwning’?

nickc

Your bike’s more niche than that… 😀

AdamW
    Free Member

Hey Gohan, post a pic and if you’re cute I’ll show you where all the love goes*….

😆

* A joke for the humour-impaired….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A joke for the humour-impaired

As someone who has no sense of humour at all, can you explain the joke to me ? Is that you’re poking fun at Gohan because he’s a straight guy ? 😕

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What, you mean AdamW might be being heterophobic, Ernie?

How on Earth are we gong to deal with that? Can the STW collective consciousness possibly cope with such a concept? 😯

Personally, I thought it was quite funny, actually… 😀

AdamW
    Free Member

As someone who has no sense of humour at all, can you explain the joke to me ? Is that you’re poking fun at Gohan because he’s a straight guy

I see your problem and will attempt to clarify. The joke was in the phrase ‘love’. I used the word ‘love’ in two meanings. The first meaning, which I believe Gohan stated was more of a brotherly or fraternal love. I then used humour to add in a second form of ‘love’ which is usually denoted to refer to either coupling (as in an intimate partner) or even sexual. Hence a simple swap of meanings. This occurs a lot in humour; I suggest you read up on it.

This form of joke in some forms is known as a ‘pun’. Often, in Terry Pratchett’s books it is known as a ‘pune’ for some reason which I do not understand; I’m open for elucidation.

The reason for said pun was the complaint regarding the mis/use of the phrase ‘ghey’ and ‘jey’ or whatever silliness was abounding at the time and repercussions from people (I would guess including me). Hence the thought to produce said ‘pun’.

Obviously, not knowing Gohan I could not say whether the person in question is male/female/gay/straight/bi/asexual/black/white/any_other_colour etc. I don’t assume. ‘Cute’ could refer to any sex as far as I’m concerned. You appear to assume however, unless, of course, you know this person and I’d have to take your word for it.

Did that clear it up?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Blimey. You weren’t expecting that one, were you, Ernie?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Personally, I thought it was quite funny, actually.

Well I couldn’t tell if it was funny. Because apparently accord to the PC brigade, it isn’t funny if you poke fun of someone’s sexuality, even if you make it very clear that you are only joking.

Or is acceptable one way but not the other ?

Oh dear, this sense of humour stuff is so difficult to understand 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Where did all the love go?’ is closed to new replies.