Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where can we stay in a camping pod in the Lake District?
  • sharkattack

I don’t really know my way around the Lake District but my girlfriend has got it into her head that we need to go over there for a therapeutic weekend of walking around in the rain. She also really wants us to stay in a wooden camping pod. Oh, and she’d prefer it if we were walking distance from ‘stuff to do’ and not totally isolated out in the sticks. I told her to leave it with me and I’d sort it all out all by myself.

So; five minutes on Google and I’ve found THIS

Castlerigg Hall, camping pods, walking distance from Keswick, surely everything we could desire. I have no idea what’s in Keswick. Do it or avoid it?

Any user reviews available? All alternative suggestions gratefully received.

piemonster

Lanefoot farm has some, near Thornthwaite just outside Keswick.

Only used the campsite to be fair, which I really liked.

mccett
    Free Member

Camped here a few times, they have pods up in the woods away from the camping field, Arthur the owner is sound and you can have camp fires.
    Grizedale Campsite

sharkattack

Both good suggestions, thanks. We were thinking this weekend but the weather forecast doesn’t look good!

TooTall
    Free Member

Grizedale has good riding and sculptures in the forest there. I always recommend Grizedale for any visitors to the Lakes – one of my favourite places in the UK.

ebygomm
    Free Member

A few of the YHA’s have camping pods.

We’ve stayed in the Hawkshead one which was quite nice

http://www.yha.org.uk/things-to-do/alternative-accommodation/camping-pods

Trekster

Castle Rigg Hall park is quite a posh place with good facilities. Not stayed there but did have a look around. The walk down to Keswick is either by a footpath through the nearby woodland or the long way via the main road, 15mins-1/2hr at a guess. I had my caravan booked in to the site across the road @ castlerigg farm.
    What kind of

‘stuff to do’

http://www.keswick.org/what-to-do/attractions/
    http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/171790/kw-nu_castlerigg_walk_4a-2-10.pdf

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Camping and caravanning club site at Boot has them, great walking area and three good pubs in spitting distance.

Pieface

Langdale NT campsite has them but watch out for flooding. Wasdale does too but a bit further out

In terms of being near stuff Keswick is good for fleece shops / cinema, walking and biking

Mantastic
    Free Member

Grizedale is well placed but the toilet facilities could well need expanding.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Rydal hall, pods and yurtz, nice off road walk into ambleside, loads if walking biking out if the site, perfect place.

easygirl

Boot has some good walking , great pubs and the pods are on a great campsite

Nick

On Saturday we did a short walk from Pooley Bridge up to the start of High St and Cockpit Stone Circle, on the way up passed a bunch of camping pods.

Hillcroft Park | Ullswater Campsite, Lake District pods, lodges

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

we use Rydall Hall quite a lot, they have the best toilet block in the lakes, underfloor heating, big shower units. It’s a shortish walk into Ambleside.

antigee

muddydwarf – Member
    Camping and caravanning club site at Boot has them, great walking area and three good pubs in spitting distance.

another vote

sharkattack

All excellent suggestions thanks a lot! I’ve looked at everything you’ve posted and I’m going to sort something out for this weekend or next.

teethgrinder

Lane Foot is also handy for Whinlatter…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where can we stay in a camping pod in the Lake District?’ is closed to new replies.