Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where can I ride in/near Glasgow tomorrow?
  • dustypumpkins

Very bored of Pollok Park. It is dangerously close to my flat however.

What's Mugdock Park like? I've never been. Worth getting on the train for?

fontmoss
    Free Member

yes it is but itll take a while and some local knowledge to get the best out of it

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yup, it's good for a blast. You wouldn't need the train though, you can follow the cycleway right along the kelvin and it'll take you there. A good bit of lovely singletrack too.

GhostRider
    Free Member

Head for dams to darnley (google it) country park follow path up to resevoir then out on country rodas to the craigy or go further on to the neilston pad. Or head over to Barrhead Station 100yds from station pick up ferneze / glenifer braes path network, this can take you all the way to Johnstone and beyond all off road,

klegg
    Free Member

If you want to ride up mugdock suggest on here a certain weekend day you might get 1 or 2 responses from people who would join you. You could ride about there repeatedly and see new routes every time. Unlike Pollok park there is more of an acceptance towards bike riders. The man made circuit at pollok is ok but there is too many people walking dogs and jogging on it. Do yourself a favour and get to mugdock park and ride on anything that looks like a track

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where can I ride in/near Glasgow tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.