Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where can I get these sealed bearings from?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

Out of an 07 Epic rear linkage, numbers are

6802VRS
    6800RS

Need four of each.

Online stockist would be best as difficult to get to a supplier midweek.

Have tried simplybearings.co.uk but the search doesn’t produce any matches.

Thanks.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Ebay.

Ignore the letters above and get 2rs.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Cheers r3g.

Just dug out my frame manual which has the bearing numbers in it, however they are different to the codes on the bearings themselves.

6802 RS
    6800 2RS

What does this RS, 2RS and VRS mean?

pendlechris
    Free Member

Rs usually indicates 1 Rubber seal, 2RS is 2 rubber seals, not come across V on this type of bearing before,

imnotamused
    Free Member

Also, ebay has a selection ranging from £1.99 unbranded to £8.99 for SKF.

Worth paying for SKF?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to get SKF for the smaller ones at £3 each or so, and cheap ones for the bigger bearings.

Once you get the, gently prise the rubber seal from the cheap ones and re-grease

pendlechris
    Free Member

Can I just ask you, why take the seals off to regrease, the only benefit I could see from doing this is if you were to put a waterproof grease in, the bearings are packed with the right amount of grease, and are ment to be sealed for life, I have seen this posted a few times and just wondered why do it, the only reason seals should ever be pinged is to make it an open one

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

the bearings are packed with the right amount of grease, and are ment to be sealed for life

The cheap ones have a slither of grease in there, and aren’t designed specifically to be used for dirty wet mountain bikes.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Small bearing are generally designed for applications where they do tens of thousands of RPM, excess grease can lead to overheating at thos speeds, its not likely to be the case on a MTB application 😯

uplink
    Free Member
    petetheplumber
    Free Member
    inigomontoya
    Free Member

Looking at the simplybearings website I see they also sell oil seals, any good for rebas/revelations etc.?

imnotamused
    Free Member

Cheers for the info guys

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get these sealed bearings from?’ is closed to new replies.