Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where can I get a screw, just a little one for a mavic rush shoe?
  • augustuswindsock

The tiny screw that holds the ratchet on my mavic rush shoes managed to pop out today, fortunately I’ve still got the ratchet, but where can I get one of those tiny screws, I know I can buy the whole ratchet again, but it means splashing out a tenner for a tiny screw, any ideas?

RobHilton
    Free Member

How tiny? Your local optician will probly have some minuscule screws.

augustuswindsock

Not that tiny rob, looks like 5mm or thereabouts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

I’ve got the shoes in question, it looks to be the same as in lots of other ratchet attachments on road and off road shoes. Try some screws from an electric plug.

augustuswindsock

I’ll give that a go crikey!

augustuswindsock

You were right about the screw being the same in other shoes crikey, I tried the screw from my old sidi’s and it fits, the plug screws don’t fit, so it looks like I’ll be swapping the screw from my old (winter/mucky) shoes to my blingy, white summer shoes as conditions befit! Look out for a thread asking for an old shoe with a ratchet!!

kilo

To avoid butchering shoes, the clamp on my gaernes is held on by the same size grub bolt as on shimano brake shoe as shown in these;

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-br-6700-r55c3-cartridge-type-brake-shoe-set-pair/

might be worth a try

augustuswindsock

Cheers kilo, I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled whenever I’m around old bits of brake etc, got various odds and ends in the garage that could have potential.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look at a buckle I took off an old Sidi, is it an M4 crosshead, about 6 or 7mm long?
    If you don’t find one, I’ve got one you can have.

augustuswindsock

It is broken soul, thanks for that, I’ll email you.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Got any engineering suppliers near you? The one near us in Ripon must have every conceivable nut, bolt & fastener available to man!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get a screw, just a little one for a mavic rush shoe?’ is closed to new replies.