• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by igm.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • where can I get a salsa fargo from?
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

frame only.

are the 2011s out yet?

DezB
    Free Member

I always look to Billys for Salsa stuff.
    No 2011 though.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Triton cycles list ’em if that helps.

SidewaysTim

Not due for a while yet – the new Vaya is lovely though, are you sure you need all the Fargo offers?

MrTall
    Free Member

The new cream suspension corrected one or the older rigid only ‘fun guy green’ model?

New ones i believe should be available from next month. I recently got one of the older ones from my LBS. Took 6 weeks to arrive and was £390. Great bike, very versatile and fun to ride, really enjoying it so far even if the headtube is a tad fugly on my XXL version.

Saw a few in the states at clearance prices at around £250 before any import/postage charges etc.

Triton never got back to me after i enquired with them.

Any Salsa dealer should be able to source one for you though.

My LBS also had an XL Vaya being built up at the same time (which annoyingly took less than 48hrs to arrive!) and that was very nice also but i still prefer the Fargo.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Mr Tall, got any pics?

MrTall
    Free Member

I have but they are on my home pc.

I’m also god awful with computers so have no idea how to post up on here. I’ll try and remember to send some to your email address later this evening.

Built up with lots of spare bits, older kit and cheaper bits as i wasn’t sure if i’d like it (i do!) so i’ve already got some nice Stans Flow rims on XT hubs being built as we speak. I run it with a 48/36/26 Deore touring chainset (9 speed), Salsa Bell Lap bars, Shimano 105 shifters and Avid Road BB7 discs. Works really well.

Had some great blasts along the muddy towpaths on it with fat tyres and then simply swap to a set of 700x42c slicks and it’s a great mile munching road bike than can take some abuse if you happen to spot an interesting cheeky little trail….. Very glad i bought it.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I was interested in a Fargo but ended up going for a Karate Monkey (even though I’ll never make the most of it the possibility of mixing different drivetrain and brake combinations won me over). I’ve built mine up with similar intentions as MrTall, a sort of mixed use on any terrain kind of bike. Great fun it is too.

Before you contact your LBS check out the Ison Distribution website as it should give you an indication of stock levels and when the next load of Fargo frames are coming into the UK.

chipps

Fargos are great

Summits by Chipps Chippendale, on Flickr

MrTall
    Free Member

Just put 29×2.35″ Big Apples on mine. Now smoother than a really smooth thing!

Ace bike, so glad i bought it. Looking forward to many winter miles on it.

Edit – Chipps, yours needs a brown saddle to match the bar tape…. 😉

witty.name
    Free Member

Sideways cycles are now salsa dealers.Lovely place to shop.

chipps

I now have a green (Brooks) saddle to match the frame instead.
    +1 for Sideways being nice.

Digger90
    Free Member

Freeform5spot,

You continue to trade on STW but you have still not settled:

– the Turner frame you sold me that was missing crucial parts to make it work

– the damaged Lyriks forks you sold me that required £230+ of repair work

– the broken dropper seatpost you sold me that required £60+ repairs

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-ideare-classified-scammers

igm

Any comments on sizing? 20″ frame seems a bit big for a 5’11” to 6′ (depending on how the world is pressing on my shoulders) sized gent.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘where can I get a salsa fargo from?’ is closed to new replies.