Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where can I get a 12 speed cassette?
  • dirkpitt74

So no SRAM PG-1230 11-50 cassettes available until October/November……
    Anyone know if anywhere has the Sunrace MZ 12 speed cassettes in stock?
    Been looking but struggling….
    Thanks

kelvin

I’d order that SRAM cassette while you keep looking for an alternative, if they really can get you one this year.

akira

Nope, either get a micro spline freebub and run shimano or get an e13 from Bikester, it’s German but prices include uk bits and bobs.

butcher

I’ve just given in and ordered a ZTTO cassette and chain from China. Reviews are, erm, mixed, but there’s not exactly a lot of choice at the minute and it’s half the price of Sram equivalents. They do also admit their cassettes don’t play well with Shimano chains, or bent hangers, so I’m hoping the right combo will do just fine.

piemonster

Bike Discount have MZ90 11-50 in stock

MadBillMcMad

Might as well just buy a new bike instead.

stanfree
    Free Member

In the same boat , Ordered a 12 speed shimano then realised my slash has XD. Also considering a ZTTO cheap equivalent but saw a video saying they dont do well when the going gets rough. Someone on Pinkbike selling a used one for £150 with a chain. I actually considered buying a 10 speed groupset but you cant even get them .
    What to do.?

dirkpitt74

@piemonster will have a look, but last time they needed a minimum order of £175 for UK orders.

scuttler

Not where. When.

belgianwaffle1

Buy a new bike. Strip said bike and take off cassette. Sell stripped parts for inflated prices. Relish.

5lab

how much range do you need?

dirkpitt74

@5lab don’t need a complete drive train – just a new cassette and chain.
    Looks like bike-discount might be the way to go, just need to find something to put it over the £150 minimum order – and then wait for the VAT, customs and admin charges……

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

not ideal for the op, but merlin have the slx/XT cassettes and slx chains in stock,
    deore rear mechs are appearing on a few sites too (just got a spare off highonbikes £57)

https://www.merlincycles.com/search?w=shimano+cassette+12+speed&speed=12-speed

DrP

I recently received my Garbaruk 12 speed cassette from Travers bikes… he may still be able to order in on the next batch??

Otherwise, good luck… nothing out there is there!

DrP

fooman

I posted in this thread some info about ZTTO 12 speed 11-52 which I’ve been running for a few months. In summary they are OK but not as clean shifting as Sunrace / SRAM, although Sunrace has some clearance issues non boost wheels. I miss the time when you could get SRAM Eagel XD cassette for £90…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get a 12 speed cassette?’ is closed to new replies.