• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by wzzzz.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where can I find a Charge Knife or Ti Spoon.. ?
  • medlow
    Free Member

Have Charge stopped doing the Knife now?
    Or the Spoon with leather and Ti. ?

One of my Spoons with Ti rails has seen over 5000 muddy miles and is getting a bit tatty, the brown dye is starting to make embarrasing stains on my shorts too. It’s time for a change..

But can I find a leather one, with Ti rails? Or the Knife which I think is leather and Ti be default….?

My butt is well and truly Spoon/Knife moulded by now (i’ve got them on 3 bikes) so ideally want to stay with a smilar shape. Can anyone recommend something similar.?

nixie

Fabric scoop. I too liked charge saddles (and sdg Bel airs before that). Scoop is just a comfortable fore.

globalti
    Free Member

I agree they’re a good shape. There are still some Spoons and a coupls of Knives on Ebay.

mrb123
    Free Member

Didn’t Charge saddles rename themselves Fabric so they’re actually effectively the same company?

scotroutes

I like the Spoon but found that the padding would pack down over time so never got more a couple of thousand km out of one.

A Specialized Phenom in 143mm width is a very similar shape and is what I  now have on all my MTBs. More expensive, but I find they last longer.

Also, have a look for the Gusset R Series and Madison Flux. Basically just a Spoon in different colours.

kerley
    Free Member

Didn’t Charge saddles rename themselves Fabric so they’re actually effectively the same company?

Yes. I think the Spoon is the Fabric Scoop. Fabric also do 3 levels of flatness which is good.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Sorry to drag this thread up, but my arse is also Spoon shaped and I have them on all but two if my bikes. I want to put a Spoon on one of those to replace an amazingly uncomfortable Selle Italia saddle I just can’t get on with, but can’t find one in the correct colour. Can someone confirm that the Madison Flux is exactly the same – not just similar as they seem available? Ta!

bigblackshed

The Madison Flux is apparently the same as a Charge Spoon. Well it’s the same basic shell from a Chinese factory catalogue, whether the padding is the same, no idea.

STEALTH AD ALERT!

I have a used black leather Ti railed Charge Spoon in good condition for sale for the right price.

dhrider
    Free Member

Nukeproof Neutron is also the same as the Charge Spoon…….

sadexpunk

STEALTH AD ALERT!

stealth ad replied to by pm….

dyna-ti

Knife 😕 Spoon 😕

Is this for taking the Fork in the road 😉

DrP

Googles Nukeproof Neutron..images…click..

Hmm… Not quite the same…..

DrP 😉

belugabob
    Free Member

Madison flux is pretty much the same as a spoon, but seems to be harder wearing.

Northwind

Knives still come up on ebay fairly regularly, I bought a couple this year. But it’s a pretty different saddle to the Spoon, narrower and firmer. (I love ’em but they are literally called a Knife, eeeeee it’d be like sitting on a razor blade)

bigblackshed

The Madison Flux is apparently the same as a Charge Spoon. Well it’s the same basic shell from a Chinese factory catalogue, whether the padding is the same, no idea.

Gusset R series is the same saddle as well, though again wit different covers. Some of which are absolutely brilliant, btw. The DMR Oi Oi might be too, very similar at least.

As far as I can tell, there isn’t a Fabric Spoon or knife.

colournoise

Fabric Scoop Radius is a decent match for a Spoon, and Scoop Shallow feels quite like a Knife to me.

wzzzz
    Free Member

brand-x trail for the tightwads out there

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where can I find a Charge Knife or Ti Spoon.. ?’ is closed to new replies.