Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Where are you riding this weekend ..report & pics on here!
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

Dalbeattie for myself, Jaco & Talisker..

This is only my second visit here and it must be about 3 years since the last .we are basing it on the weather being reasonable ! Pics to follow.

Where are you going then ?

jekkyl

In yer face all over the place

I’m on the case with some big fat bass.

Just for a change it’s Cannock Chase!

Akers

Planning on a Sunday morning solo blast from Lightwater to Swinley and Crowthorne and back, 30km-ish.

dovebiker

Rovaniemi – having a trundle around the 66 on my fatbike having previously ridden the 150 and 300. Race organiser reckons that recent snow means that it’ll be ride the first 10km and then push most of the next 25km! Fortunately the return leg is mainly on snowmobile trails, flat with a tailwind. Glad I dropped down from the 150 as it could be a mega-push year like 2016, where you were lucky to ride 50km. Tyre pressure is 2psi and riding over 10kph on choppy snowmobile trails gives an interesting bobbing…

doomanic

I’m off to the FoD to troll all the h8rs on my motorbike. 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I wish I could
    I’m like a big fat pud
    Like a couch potater
    Couldn’t feel less greater
    & I’m still
    Ill.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Off into Wales around Llandegla, world’s end and that.

coomber
    Free Member

Cotic demo Sunday. Excited to see what the new soul is like

mattbee

Got a 60 mile road ride planned with the Mrs around the Hampshire/West Sussex Downs then a Gorrick XC race on Sunday.

tomhoward

Leeds bike park bmx track. Sprint training💪🏻

matt_outandabout

Local around North Third and Cambusbarron, with line of kids from club in tow.

filks

Afan on Sunday. Cannot wait!

Get.

in.

spooky_b329

Nine singlespeeders in Afan this weekend 🙂

skybluestu
    Free Member

Cotic Demo Day. Rocket, BFE and Rocket Max test out!

Tracey

Been out in the Dark Peak, Cold, wet, muddy but so much fun

Think the two hours bike fettling yesterday was a waste of time

martinhutch

Dales ride from  Clapham to Skipton via Littondale. Pretty disgusting conditions, particularly on the tracks from Helwith Bridge which are used by the 4x4s…of which there were quite a few.

Turned into a road ride back to base from about the halfway point.

akira

Lurgy and half term means short road ride in the Surrey hills is all I can muster.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Weekend off after the usual ride everyday weeks. Walking the coastal path around Weymouth and Swanage in the sunshine.

davros

Steady ride from redmires over stanage to win hill and back. Horrendous claggy mud on win hill but nice conditions otherwise.

Stanage

superstu
    Free Member

Third person at the cotic demo day at Haldon. Solaris and soul to try out.

tdog
    Free Member

Ah balls, was that Cotic demo day just a day or tomoz as well Stu?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Nice and sunny in the Forest Of Dean today not as muddy as last week Fattie was having fun hardly dusty yet be a while

dumbbot
    Free Member

Glentress. Only the 2nd time i’ve ever visited and was surprised to find 6 inches of snow at the top of the spooky woody climb it was unrideable, I wanted to go up to the mast and ride from Carls Lane down but had jump in at Ho Chi Min, Zoom Bust, Dave Trail they were absolutely fantastic, added on a few loops of red and blue stuff as well.

Love to see what else Glentress offer that isn’t mental steep..

hodgynd
    Free Member

No pics to post as I left my phone in the car ..doh!

I’d forgotten how good Dalbeattie is ..the underlying stone is very grippy and would have been confidence inspiring were it not for the fact that one of my Time atac carbon pedals decided to break (bar snapped) shortly into the ride ..so I was unclipped on my left pedal nearly all the way around ..coupled with the fact that my BB is on the way out and I maybe should have stayed in bed !

Not the best on one of the techier trail centres ..both up & down ..and my ” bottle ” decided to return home without me !

Dave & Paul really enjoyed it though ..

Hats off to the bloke who was packing up to go home ( in a hurry ) just as we were arriving ..having been working in Glasgow this week he decided to take in Kirroughtree yesterday afternoon and Dalbeattie very early this morning ..before heading back to Somerset !

Good effort sir!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Rode Blade at Afan this morning, or tried to.

Legs didn’t want to join in on the way up, hurt my arm on the first descent, got the arsehole and took the Skyline descent home and sulked. I still don’t like the trail, but it’s the only trail that’s not diverted at the moment (Penhydd too maybe).

Cwmarn is many millions of times better for me.

doomanic

I’m off to the FoD to troll all the h8rs on my motorbike.

Well, despite riding more courteously than some of the clockwork boys I still got called a cheat twice. Ho hum.

It was a cracking day for a ride though.

Alex

Nice and sunny in the Forest Of Dean today not as muddy as last week

I was out for the first time this year last week after damaging ligaments in my ankle. I expected it to be less muddy this week, but it was definitely worse! Extending the red on the old enduro trail has;t helped. Still a great day out tho – Worcester Lodge-Dowies-Shutcastle then finishing on the Verderers for the first time in a year or so.

36km. 800m of climbing. Every metre properly earned. Was toast at the end! Just great to be riding MTBs again tho and ankle feels okay.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GiqAyN]FoD / Slurry Pit – the not quite spring ride[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21FnSHU]FoD / Slurry Pit – the not quite spring ride[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EM72LM]FoD / Slurry Pit – the not quite spring ride[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/24cXeTE]First day back![/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

jekkyl

Cannock in the Dark

Bregante

A bit of an on road off road mooch for me this morning. 40 odd miles of back lanes and bridleways. I’m hugely impressed with just how capable these “road plus” tyres are (wtb byways).<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”></span>

bigblackshed

No riding this weekend.

Farewell Mr Sanderson.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Forest of Dean today. Drier than I’ve seen it in ages. Upper Sheepskull was getting decidedly tacky and grip was appearing by this afternoon!

No pics though – too busy riding!

Brainflex

Waikato River Trails, took the single speed for a 50km ride with coffee n chips at Whakamaru.

alpin
    Free Member

Finale Ligure…. No pics, too busy riding!

colournoise

Local woods for me. They’ve finally reached their usual winter/spring state… Can’t wait for that one day in August each year when they’re actually dry.

roverpig

Sold my beloved Five on Saturday, so consoled myself with a bimble along the Moray coastal path.There was something warm and yellow in the sky  for a change.

theboatman
    Free Member

Local trails around Bakewell, Hassop, Rowland etc etc still got snow on the tops so was sticky more than muddy.

cb200
    Free Member

@theboatman – we must have been pretty close!

Nice loop at Little Longstone, Peak District. Some mud, some snow, some fog, some Highland Cattle.

theboatman
    Free Member

@cb200 – yeah, I would guess we shared so of the same misty view’s!! Was a doorstep ride for me from down in Edensor, and it started to feel a bit like spring today 😀

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Did Fareham to Winchester off road all the way (mix of bridalway and SDW) a mammoth (felt to me) 41 miles and the going was soft mostly not somme like gloop as it is heading towards QE on SDW.

Pic of SDW to QE from Wickham railway line from last weekend below or would have been if I could have worked out how to post it properly and cannot search at present for the answer, if you right click open in new window you can enjoy the view of mud glorious mud 😉

This weekends ride was mostly grinned apart from last few miles which hurt.

Good practice for London to Brighton off road later in the year (I hope!).

James

Tracey

A few pics from mine in the Dark Peak

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Where are you riding this weekend ..report & pics on here!’ is closed to new replies.