Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Where are you riding this weekend ?
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

Where,when & pics below afterwards …
    Our little troop is planning a Plantation plod south of Corbridge…where we would normally have issued an “all welcome” invite this one is so much under the radar that we can’t do that this week ( total stealth mode / silent running ❗ ..sorry.)
    No Viewranger or gpx ..but I will post some pics ..

tazzymtb

riding in the woods on a bike with gears! (first time in nearly decade I’ve ridden anything that has a dangly leg spinny speed controller lever wotsit)

I’m expecting to either hate it utterly or decide that singlespeeds are stupid idea and then suddenly turn into endurognarcore taz and buy some sort of mid life crisis multi linkage suspension thing 😀

but ultimately its a bike and all bikes are good so it will be fun even if very strange

matt_outandabout

Sledging. 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Haze

In the garage by the looks of things

Hells

Looking at the forecast for Sunday, it looks like I’ll be on the turbo trainer in the garage!! 🙁

simonloco
    Free Member

Surfboard & cx if find time on Sunday probably with a trailer bike attached 😀

mildbore

Canal towpath pootling just to keep the legs spinning. Still only slowly coming out of hibernation

dumbbot
    Free Member

Looking at the weather forecast, not this weekend. I’d made a good start to the year in terms of getting out, but fed up with winter already…is it over yet 😕

jekkyl

Considering braving the rain and possible snow in 0 degrees round Cannock at dawn on Sunday. Given the temps there will likely be ice on untreated roads so wherever I ride it will be entirely off-road.

bluemoon1981
    Free Member

Nowt had pneumonia on my left lung so still getting over that been six weeks and doing my head in!!

IHN

In the garage by the looks of things

Yup, or maybe out for a roadie spin tomorrow afternoon if the rain stops

whitestone
    Free Member

I was going to check out some new CX tyres and see how they perform but from condition reports I think we’ll be out on the fat bikes.

tomhoward

Anywhere. Been feeling claustrophobic/trapped the last week or so for some reason.

Reckon a blast round Leeds bike park will do the trick, hopefully on my new super light, super fast push iron (well, push carbon, strictly speaking)

aide

Hopefully up glentress for a spin in the snow tomorrow. Going with a mate who is trying to get back into mtb but aint spun a pedal for a few years now. Just hoping all goes well and he gets his mojo back

flange
    Free Member

Whatchabought Tom?

I’m road riding both days in the south. Probably need an outboard and wetsuit by the sound of it

lunge

Likely my garage, definitely my garage tonight and perhaps Sunday too. Might go for a run outside on Saturday though…maybe…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Quarteira (Portugal). In between working some gravel riding in barmy 20 degress….

tomhoward

@flange, that’d be a secret until it’s built and I’ve done a thread on it 8)

Needless to say, it’s totally inappropriate for a bike park/BMX/pump track…

daver27
    Free Member

might see if i can go ride at the bottom of my local swimming pool as it’ll be drier…

Mister-P
    Free Member

No riding this weekend but I am toying with driving to Devon to get in the sea. It’s only 4 hours each way in the car.

mcnultycop

It’s fat bike conditions, but I’ve been struggling to get that set up tubeless so by default it’ll be a local MTB bimble on the + bike.

Last time I rode I crashed heavily at Gisburn, so this’ll be my first ride (and indeed exercise) in a fortnight.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Zwwiiiiifffffttttttt

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

For me it is a short but steep one, my 13 yo just starting out riding and I need to ride some hills as I try to get my arse in shape to ride London to Brighton offroad later in the year on the fat bike #itsmyonlybike

So I will be doing a local plod, Wickham railway line to Exton, up Exton Hill (and back to catch son and up again and maybe back to catch son depending on how he does) then down Wheely down and return.

Should be a nice but suspect chilly bimble.

Have a good one all.

James

Sandwich

Mrs Sandwich and I are taking the new tandem (Tallulah) home from work tomorrow. There will no doubt be some shouting as we head down the first hill. If you’re in the vicinity of West Ipswich tomorrow we’re on a black Double Edge.

manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

Wendover Woods

sofaking
    Free Member

no riding again. more cold and phlegm 😡

garage-dweller

Looking at the forecast and thinking of the likely state of Hampshire’s trails I will mostly likely be trying to find something else to do unless someone tells me it’s ok to go to Cwm Carn for the day (which will not happen)

jekkyl

Zwift in the Garage!?

dissonance

Hoping it is cold tomorrow so the herts mud is frozen enough to make it worth taking my mountain bike out.
    Otherwise might have to use the road bike. Really need to start getting some miles in this year.

markrh
    Free Member

Bike park Wales! Sunday. That cafe is going to be busy…

hairyscary

Scolty Hill in Aberdeenshire today for me. The ground is frozen solid, the River Dee has patches of ice and yet I managed to find mud and puddles 😕
    I’ll probably ride the same place tomorrow and on Sunday (hangover dependant)

Brainflex

Waikato River Trails, 50km ride with an excellent cafe in the middle.

grey

Going to try the local hill tomorrow. Snow is a foot deep at the bottom just now and there’s supposed to be a hard frost tonight.
    Conditions should be perfect 😆

grahamt1980

Couple of hours at chicksands as the small child has chickenpox and i don’t want to be away long

benp1

I’ve done over a hundred miles of commuting this week. Legs feeling tired. Will be lounging and lazy this weekend

doomanic

Cannock on the Lekky Trekky tomorrow.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Malverns. Never been there before so it will be an adventure.

I’ve decided to take the geared hardtail rather than the normal singlespeed, will have to see how it goes.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Either 15mile loop on the Ridgeway if I get out early or train to Reading for an urban SS safari if the rain has started.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Our ride in the Woodland(s) above Corbridge went ahead as planned ..very naughty in places which is why I can’t share the route !
    Good turnout too..seven of us today ..with a bit of everything thrown into the mix apart from wind & rain ..
    Without doubt the best winter ride I have been on …thanks to all..
    We started off along a frozen path alongside the river Tyne ..

20180120_102822 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Naughty ( private )

20180120_105413 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Low down the going was good ..

20180120_110951 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

..but then we started hitting the White stuff the higher we climbed

20180120_123528 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Lunch stop on a quiet lane ..with a warming sun.

20180120_125508 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

By the time we hit the climb up Holly Hill to Slaley Forest ..the snow was getting thicker and traction a bit of a problem ..the nutter down below talking to Ant gave us all a laugh as he came hurtling past us giggling his head off on his sledge ..must have been doing at least 30mph

20180120_134822 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20180120_140126 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

How is it possible to get a flat in the snow ?

20180120_140506 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Some of the little known singletrack in Slaley

20180120_143304 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20180120_143315 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE
    Not far from the end now ..

20180120_160732 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Glorious day ..and a great sunset to end

20180120_160825 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE
    23miles covered and 2432’of climbing which given the conditions wasn’t a bad effort ..my thanks to all for their craic & company..

birky
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Where are you riding this weekend ?’ is closed to new replies.