• This topic has 187 replies, 149 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)
  • Where are you from?
  • Ambrose

Born Kingston, Jamaica.
    Brought up in the Home Counties.
    Now living on the edge of the Brecon beacons. Which is quite nice 🙂

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

born middlesbrough. moved to nottingham, then to isle of man, then to manchester and back again to the isle of man

Luminous
    Free Member

I’m based in Norfolk, big sky country.

I’ve also lived in Beauvais and Istanbul.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stanboardman
    Free Member

From near Keighley, now live between Wakefield and Huddersfield

schnor
    Free Member

Nothing special. Born in llangollen, bummed around here and there for a few years, only to end up about 10 miles away from where I popped out.

TatWink
    Free Member

Born an raised south London before moving all of 12 miles to Reigate/Redhill just off the M25 in east Surrey.

They call me Phileas Fogg!!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Seems that there are a few ‘hubs’. Places where many folks have been, and not all entirely obvious

portlyone

Born in Hertford (moved when only a few weeks old though)
    Lived in:
    Cotton, Staffs
    Oakamoor, Staffs
    Quorn[don], Leics
    Lima, Peru
    Salford Uni
    Current: Chorlton, Manchester

lovewookie

From Malvern.

Lived in:
    Camborne
    Eltham
    Medway towns
    Newcastle
    Paisley (!)
    now live in Glasgow.

sturmey
    Free Member

Born in Shipley then lived in Plymouth and Portsmouth for a bit moved back to Shipley now living in Rawdon. Rock and Roll!

supercyril
    Free Member

Annan, Dumfries and Galloway

keefus
    Free Member

Sunny Poole in good ole Dorset

busydog
    Free Member

Born in Nebraska, USA, now live in New Mexico, USA and in the 60+ years intervening lived/worked in many places, both in the US and otherwise, including 6 months in the UK (London).

yossarian
    Free Member

Born in high wycombe, then off to hong kong, then chinnor for 20 years then London for a bit then Canterbury and now Whitstable.

Would love to move back to the chilterns one day, turn into a homing pigeon if I get within 20 miles.

jj55

Still living 1 mile from the house I was born in 55 years ago

Why move away from Herefordshire!! 😀

emma82
    Free Member

Why move away from Herefordshire!!

lol, with you on that one. ‘Fordian through n through me 🙂

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Born in New York USA, moved to London when I was 12, moved back to the USA when I was 24, decided the USA wasn’t for me any more and moved back to the UK aged 29, studied again at Cambridge but now live in a valley in South Wales hence the biking 🙂 You guys don’t know how good you have it!

matt_outandabout

Born northern India
    Lived in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Cumbria, Liverpool, Kirkcudbright, Sheffield, Killin.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Born in Rinteln, Germany.

Live in Bournemouth via Leeds, Andover, Sennelager, Tidworth, Andover, Warminster, Iserlohn, Tidworth, Camberley, Dortmund, Lulworth Cove and errr…Rinteln.

Additonally, I know I’m going to Heaven for I have lived in Hull.

simonjf63
    Free Member

Born Leeds; Huddersfield for Poly; Pembrokeshire for a year; London for about 20 years; now south Manchester

mboy
    Free Member

lol, with you on that one. ‘Fordian through n through me

Hahaha, it’s the stench of pig muck, you love it so much you couldn’t be without it!

Emma82, where do you normally ride your bike then?

richmars

Lincoln, Aden, Norfolk, Surrey, Singapore, Salford, Cambridgeshire

Hairychested
    Free Member

Born in what used to be Germany but is Poland now.
    13 years in West London -ish (with a 6 months long mistake of Barking).
    Now Ireland, co. Louth.

iDave
    Free Member

Born under a bad sign
    Living in a material world

speshspenner
    Free Member

Born and bred in Ulverston, Cumbria. Probably got some of the best trails in the country on my door step.

emma82
    Free Member

Emma82, where do you normally ride your bike then?

I couldn’t possibly say, you might wait there next time I’m out and jump from behind a bush and shout BOO 😯

Edit: Half a message there – stupid computer.

Umm, used to go to Hough/Westwood a lot but not since they put that stupid sign up, or FOD, or around kington in the hills, brecon/malvern etc. No where much to ride very locally though so we tend to have to drive whereever we go unless you know of any other places.

threeek
    Free Member

Born in Watford
    Live in Hitchin – sufficiently far from Watford and on the edge of the Chilterns. 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

I couldn’t possibly say, you might wait there next time I’m out and jump from behind a bush and shout BOO

LOL

Umm, used to go to Hough/Westwood a lot but not since they put that stupid sign up, or FOD, or around kington in the hills, brecon/malvern etc. No where much to ride very locally though so we tend to have to drive whereever we go unless you know of any other places.

Well I’m in Worcester, so Malvern occasionally, FOD about once a month too, though recently been riding in the Wyre Forest a bit now that I’ve found some people who actually know the trails round there. Tis good!

Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Where are you from?’ is closed to new replies.