• This topic has 66 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Where are you all riding this weekend?
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Been a while since I’ve been out for a proper ride (just been DH racing most weekends) so plan to go for a good long, enjoy the trails, enjoy the countryside, enjoy the weather leisurely ride.

So, where is everyone off to this weekend?

tops5
    Free Member

Glentress – yippee! Never been before, sounds like I’m in for a treat 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

I have a weekend riding pass as the in-laws are down 🙂 Planning an all day ride up in the Chilterns for Saturday, then joining the club run on Sunday morning. All road bike action, could well be the last weekend for the summer bike.

Glentress

Was there a few weeks ago… brilliant fun! Spent a day doing loop after loop of the red 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Planning an all day ride up in the Chilterns

Oooh where abouts in the Chilterns? It’s not somewhere I’ve explored yet but might give it a go on Sunday. Any suggestions?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Lakeland monster miles event up in Keswick on my CX bike

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve got a weekend’s riding in and around Swaledale and I’m really looking forward to it. I haven’t been out on the bike too much over the last week or two because of work etc. Hopefully the legs won’t feel too bad.

user-removed
    Free Member

On my way back to Aberdeen (hometown) for five year anniversary. Hoping I’ll get out to Deeside on Sunday and that my brother in law still has his rusty old Giant. If not, I know he has a cheap road bike, so I’ll be out one way or another.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oooh where abouts in the Chilterns? It’s not somewhere I’ve explored yet but might give it a go on Sunday. Any suggestions?

This is on the road bike. I’m heading out of Newbury. Probably up via Goring, up to Nettlebed, bit of a hilly loop up to Stokenchurch, then back through Watlington, Wallingford and maybe Wantage. Somewhere between 80 and 100 miles probably.

There’s some great MTB up that way, north of Nettlebed, around Stoner. Have some routes somewhere I may be able to dig out.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Have some routes somewhere I may be able to dig out.

Well, if you could that would be brilliant.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well, if you could that would be brilliant.

I’ll see what I can find when I get home tonight. I don’t tend to GPS mtb rides but some of my mates do.

rich-c
    Free Member

Cross at Temple Newsam on Sunday, looking forwards to 45 mins of threshold then a bacon buttie and a cuppa.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’ll see what I can find when I get home tonight. I don’t tend to GPS mtb rides but some of my mates do

Brilliant, much appreciated.

ichi
    Free Member

Cannock, if new bike arrives ! Was up to about 70-100 miles a week over Summer, that’s a decent amount for me and was as fit and able as I have been on an MTB. Then decided to split and sell trail bike and treat myself. Had a chest infection just before this so haven’t done any riding for about. 8 weeks now. Can’t wait!!!

jekkyl

Stoke on Trent! historic town on the river trent
    It’s a vibrant mix of the great and the good.
    Like Reginald Mitchell spitfire or Josiah Wedgewood!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I shall be trail running. Bikes locked up for a few weeks whilst I’m away but taking that advantage to catch up with Mates and run our little socks off in Hurtmore Woods…

oh..

and Beer

😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Road ride to Bakewell for a beer-fuelled night with old school mates. Then riding back to get rid of the hangover.

Kryton57

Might be a bit busy in the Chilterns, there’s an Evans Ride It! going on – MTB Saturday and….

…Road Sunday, which is what I’ll be doing.

Trekster

Riding in http://www.dalbeattiehardrockchallenge.org
    Just back from helping put up the start “village”

fathomer

I’ve got a pass Sunday, it’ll either be a slow slow ride on the chase with some riding buds or a solo ride somewhere within an 1.5 hours ish of Leicester!

franki
    Free Member

Either Cannock or The Wyre Forest. Can’t decide. 😕

acjim
    Free Member

Sunday is Hell of the West – 56 miles across Dartmoor and 1900m of climbing.

Weather looks ok, so hopefully it’ll be a bit less Hell and a bit more Heaven.

mikemorini
    Free Member

FOD tommorrow, with some of the boys from work.
    Should be an interesting mix of abilities.

somouk
    Free Member

I’m dropping the mrs in Bridgnorth so considering a ride to the Wyre forest if the weather doesn’t get any worse. Could also consider Cannock but it’s normally a little busy at weekends.

weeksy

I’m torn this weekend between NONE, or maybe Swinley, Maybe LLandegla or maybe XCRampage race.

cinnamon_girl

Hampshire. New cafe has opened in a little village so perfect for post-ride refreshment.

Being a woman I don’t really like visiting pubs alone, apart from my bike obviously. Have done it a few times, more for my own amusement. 😆

singlespeedstu

We’re off to CyB on saturday so Mrs stu can try out a Remedy 29 then doing our first uplift day at Ffestiniog on sunday. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Got a new CX steed so I’m gonna head out for my first off road jaunt since I broke my arm in July.

On the flattest bridleways I can find.

verses

Dusk till Dawn at Thetford on Saturday night.

I’m tired already…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

i’m heading upto Gisburn with some mates, overnighting so a few bevvies on Saturday night and riding off the hangover on Sunday. Counting down the seconds to getting out of work!

MadPierre

Viking Challenge annual local charidee ride on Sunday

frogstomp

This weekend I shall be mostly annoying the locals on the Wiggle New Forest 100.. oh, and regretting hardly having ridden a bike in the last month I dare say!

prawny

Weather has been a bit crappy in the midlands for the last few days so I will be out on my roadbike keeping clean and dry(ish)

Not far though, I’ll have to be home for half 8, if it’s nice all weekend I might go out on the MTB Sunday night.

brakes
    Free Member

Seasons of Mists Audux – 100km – 2,500m climbing.
    Ride out from Hebden Bridge NW into Lancashire **spits** and back, with plenty of cafe stops.

Losidan
    Free Member

Given I’ve just mullered my rear mech hanger I guess I’ll be on the fixed gear bike for a few hours!

bikebouy
    Free Member

“cough”

I read “new cafe opened in Hampshire Village” and instantly my interest raised..

Do tell??

Tried the one in West Meon yet?? 😉

thetallpaul
    Free Member

We are going to joy that is GRAND DESIGNS LIVE.

Awesome. Living the dream and all that….

Hopefully get to rebuild the Clockwork tonight though.

ahsat

Girl only ride with a bit of skills training for a couple of mates (including legolamb from here) at Hamsterley – very funny with my ability to crash! Its mainly just a way to have some rest while I catch my breath trying to keep up with a couple of whippets!

Nobby

Manflu says no. 🙁

pipiom
    Free Member

Isle of Man sat and sun…… good weather, awesome XC and other trails….. nice to be home

pictonroad

I shall be sitting in the sun* at Peaslake annoying the locals, not been up that way for aaaages.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Where are you all riding this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.