Viewing 25 posts - 161 through 185 (of 185 total)
  • Where are we all going on holiday?
  • ElShalimo

👍

Tracey

We arrived at Lake Garda today on the second leg of our trip. I’ve wanted to ride here for so long but it’s never managed to fit in. Shuttle uplift is booked for tomorrow. Excited yet apprehensive

Tracey

I thought I would resurrect this, as there are some good ideas from last year, rather than start a new one.

We needed to use up some tesco vouchers so two trips booked.

First one in June July to start in the Leogang then travelling back through Austria and Northern Italy and finishing up hopefully in Verbier. Just need to plan some stops in-between for riding so open to suggestions. Will be taking the Enduro and Turbo Levo.

Second one will be back to Finale in late September and then touring South East France looking for some good riding as we travel back up.

Will hopefully get some time for some long weekends in the UK in between.

At some point once the parts arrive the camper will need to go in to be repaired for the wild fire damage from last summer.

What’s everyone else got planned

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Nothing at all.
    Completely given up on holidays and doing stuff.

Marin
    Free Member

Just back from 2 weeks Enduro riding in Spain, cycle touring Hebrides in May, Dolomites in September for via ferrata stuff and day on roady bikes. Just also become Irish so may be doing very long trip to Europe!

doomanic

Going to my mum’s place in Cyprus in July as it only costs us the flights. Can’t afford to do anything else this year; Morzine trip cancelled, Scotland trip cancelled and no city breaks with my wife.

mrhoppy

Not going too heavy on biking holidays this year. Heading to Briancon for 2 weeks at the end of July/beginning of August to go explore some of the less well known bike parks and the promising backcountry around them, bit of Via Ferrata and some SUPing.

Easter is going to be a bit of a mix of activities in S Wales but with a BPW uplift day and an Afan day in there, maybe with some exploring on the Gower for the 1st time in 20+ years.

A couple of long weekends for WRT, King Alfred’s Way and maybe a loop on the ferries to the west of Glasgow.

Tracey

Be good to hear what you think of Briancon as it’s on our radar to visit at some point

zippykona

Currently in Cornwall. Managed to get mrs zip’s cold so have been recuperating instead of holidaying.
    Stereotypical fat bike picture taken 2 metres from the car park.
    null

duncancallum

Orkney in a week or so….

Got 10 days booked near Padstow at the end of July in the Caravan, but could really do with getting abroad this year

ahsat

Got 12 days in Tuscany next month, bikepacking, for our 10th wedding anniversary. Todays Strade Bianche is helping the buzz. Don’t know for the summer. Imagine the van in the UK as there as been some mission creep on Italy. Haha.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Working in Holland, so a couple of days in Amsterdam, followed by working in Chicago, so a couple of days there, finally, working in Islay, so a couple of days there! Not sure about a proper holiday though.

vlad_the_invader

Got some flights to Toulouse booked for early June. Plan is to head over to the Med for some beach time then down to Girona for a few days then into the Central Pyrenees & Luchon then back to Toulouse.

I’m dithering about whether to take the gravel bike or road bike…

phil5556

Off to the Alps in the camper for 2 weeks, Eurotunnel booked for Monday afternoon, van all packed, big coat bought for the dog & just one more nightshift to get through. Still not sure where we’re headed, will check the snow forecast before we leave Calais. Looks like we might have picked a good time to go 🤞

Verbier for a week in July for my 40th in a chalet with guiding / uplift.

And a fortnight in August. Undecided where, likely to stay in Scotland but it’ll involve some walking & bikes, maybe even a decent length bikepacking trip for a week.

sargey

Saved for ages to take my wife to Iceland for her 60th birthday as she had always wanted to go, great trip and we did see the northern lights however not as good as they were when we got back home, bloody typical!!!

Edukator
    Free Member

Looks like we might have picked a good time to go 🤞

Perfect if you like skiing in sleet, snow and rain. The weather changes on Tuesday.

Cycle paths in Brittany, Holland and Germany for us.

doomanic

Cycle paths in Brittany, Holland and Germany for us.

Holy crap! I’d rather be at work! 🤣

Edukator
    Free Member

I don’t work.

doomanic

And if I were you I’d get a job just so I could avoid that!

mrhoppy

Be good to hear what you think of Briancon as it’s on our radar to visit at some point

@tracey
    I’ll put something up about it as it appears to be short on info from what I can see.

scruff9252

We’ve got a cottage in Aviemore area in a week, for a week.

Planning a week in the inner Hebrides come May; Probably loosely around Mull, Colonsay, Tiree and Coll.

Summer is undecided; most likely the Outer Hebrides/ Skye / Applecross area.

Don’t expect to be getting on a aeroplane in 2023 though.

Tracey

@mrhoppy Thanks. There is quite alot on Fatmaps and you can do a flyover to have a look but it’s always nice to have a bit of an idea.

alpin
    Free Member

I’m on holiday…. Have been since September last year.

Mini Germany tour. Beer stop(s) in Belgium. A month in the UK….

Currently in Spain. Cruised through the pre-Pyrenees for a few weeks. A little biking in Basque, gravel rides in Bardenas Reales, more biking around Zaragoza, bit of touring around the Ebro Delta looking at flamingoes.

A few days in the mountains watching vultures.

Spent the last week in Sumacàrcer…. A strange little town at the end of a valley. Lots of oranges and fortunately lots of trails.

Now somewhere north of Benidorm. Surprisingly big mountains around here. This week is hiking, not so much biking. Need to train a different muscle group.

Not sure where we’re off to next….

Have a butchers of you want….
    https://instagram.com/flat.earth.research.project?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=

phil5556

Perfect if you like skiing in sleet, snow and rain. The weather changes on Tuesday.

Well I like snow, and there hasn’t been much up until now, but yeah I know what you’re getting at, only thing worse than not enough snow is too much…
    Not sure where to head yet though, other than high enough up to avoid the rain.

Viewing 25 posts - 161 through 185 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.