Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 185 total)
  • Where are we all going on holiday?
  • duncancallum

@chakaping

You over this far?

CountZero

Nothing planned this year as such, I’ve got EOTR Festival at the beginning of September for four days, and I’m hoping that I’ll be going over to Cambridgeshire at the end of that month to see a very dear friend of mine, who I haven’t seen for twenty years. She’s an ex-girlfriend who I’ve remained friends with and kept in touch with, but for one reason or another never managed to get over to see her and her husband since I saw them in 2002.

frankconway

I’m not telling any of you lot but the Millau Viaduct features in one; another is based around The Ghan and, possibly, the Indian Princess rail trips in Australia.
    STR – punching above your weight there mate but…good luck to you!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wheelsonfire1

Enjoy your holidays but perhaps consider this?
    STW COMMUNITY – HELP NEEDED

STR – punching above your weight there mate but…good luck to you!

She’s put up with me for 30 years and I’ve probably just about used all my luck up along the way

longdog
    Free Member

No plans until our house sale eventually goes through. Works identified in a survey are holding things up, but atleast we have them booked in now.

Then I’d like to do the Netherlands family bike trip we had planned for summer 2020. Ferry from Newcastle. 🤞🤞

longdog
    Free Member

No plans until our house sale eventually goes through. Works identified in a survey are holding things up, but atleast we have them booked in now.

Then I’d like to do the Netherlands family bike trip we had planned for summer 2020. Ferry from Newcastle. 🤞🤞

batfink
    Free Member

Fiji!

More specifically, a private island off the coast of Fiji. This’ll be the third time we’ve booked it since the start of covid….. we are bloody going this time for sure.

We’ve told Batfink Jnr that it’s “moana’s island” so she’s pretty pumped

Otherwise there is a school-strike next week, so I’m taking her here for a surf:

TheBrick
    Free Member

Wales and boarders. Abergavenny, Pembrokeshire, Hereford. It will be awesome.

singlespeedstu

@stevenmenmuir.

Clent hills for a week

Take a bike with you, there’s some nice trails there and also nearby in Kinver.
    Go to The Anchor at Caunsaull for a pint and a cob too.

@Bedmaker

Speaking to Marco we might be at his place the same time as you.

mrhoppy

Just back from a week in Arisaig, got 2 weeks in BSM and then a week in Pembrokeshire (probably) over the summer hols.

ElShalimo

@TheBrick – last September we had 2 weeks in our campervan in Rhayader, Abergavenny, Fishguard, Llandovery, Aberaeron.

It was fab – lots of walking, cycling, eating and drinking. The weather was mostly very good too.

If we don’t go to France this year, I’d be happy to repeat that trip.

The Lost Lanes Wales book is great for getting out and exploring (kindly recommended by someone on here😎)

sharkbait
    Free Member

sailing in the Ionian Islands. Kids are 14 & 17, so possibly the last family holiday.

My 20yo girls have zero interest in holidaying with me….. Unless it’s another sailing holiday (“preferably in the BVI Daddy” 🙄).

Sailing holidays are cool!

The Lyn Peninsula in exotic North Wales.

Which is where I am right now – and today it’s as good as anywhere I’ve ever been (almost).
    Although I have an appointment with the garden chipper this morning rather than doing something nice 😒

TheBrick
    Free Member

The Lost Lanes Wales book is great for getting out and exploring (kindly recommended by someone on here😎)

Yeah Jack Thurston puts out some interesting j books and his podcast “The bike show” is worth checking out as well.

matt_outandabout

sailing in the Ionian Islands. Kids are 14 & 17, so possibly the last family holiday

You should have a few more – we’re off with our 17 and 19 year old. 20yr old is off by himself, but he came last year.

freeagent
    Free Member

Very glad we booked the Chunnel rather than flights that are now at risk of cancellation*

* Watch Chunnel chaos descend in the summer!

This is my big concern – i’m just hoping that going on a Friday Morning is going to be slightly better than trying to get through on a Saturday.

Tracey

Our tunnel is at 10.20 tonight. If all goes to plan the drive through the night will get us somewhere near the Swiss border before we stop for a nap.

We use this if its any help

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/

ElShalimo

Is anyone getting a ferry to Normandy ports in the summer?

We’ve not booked yet but I’m getting a little twitchy about potential interruptions/Brexit/queues etc.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Ah, I realise now, it’s a bragging thread! Possibly insensitive in these times where some forum members will not be able to afford to go anywhere apart from Ourgate!

+1 but when has that ever stopped people?
    My savings will be going to heat the house this winter.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Off to Morzine next weekend for 5 days with ‘the boys’ (the boys being in their 40s and 50s). It’s starting to feel like a second home now.

Pula in Croatia in August with my Wife and Children, we’ve never been before, really looking forward to it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ah, I realise now, it’s a bragging thread! Possibly insensitive in these times where some forum members will not be able to afford to go anywhere apart from Ourgate!

Sorry missed the usual STW thread tilt before I posted.

If it makes you feel any better, my Trip to Morzine is using a flight I first booked in 2019 and our digs will be less than £200 each.

Croatia is Easyjet and AirBnB, it’s expensive, but not compared to normal package holidays, we’ve been saving / paying for it for the last 7 months.

Shred
    Free Member

I need to go visit my family in South Africa that I haven’t seen since pre-covid. Getting that travel sorted has been chaos with the local airlines all in the toilet, plus the UK chaos with flights. I’m having to do a ferry, train, flight to Dubai onwards to SA, and in reverse.

Also a trip to France via Geneva for some cycling in July. Can’t wait.

singlespeedstu

Same as P-Jay here.
    Any holidays we take this year were paid for pre restrictions and current situation. 🤷‍♂️

freeagent
    Free Member

Not really any different to the regular “What £5k mountain bike should i buy?” threads though is it?

So we can’t discuss holibobs in a chat forum now, for fear of offending someone?

And I’m not being defensive (a few days in Dorset in a caravan isn’t a brag)

dudeofdoom

Just back from a few days in Benidorm 🙂

Hmmm started off well then the fever hit and Mrs DoD hit the gas and got us home.

Haven’t got any tests but I think the cvid finally caught up with us

I have a vague feeling that with the timing we took it with us rather than the expected catch it on hol.

Not sure I’d want to experience the delight of feeling so Ill and have the joy of flying / passport control.

blokeuptheroad

We’ve not booked yet but I’m getting a little twitchy about potential interruptions/Brexit/queues etc.

Yep. Portsmouth to Caen on Sunday. Motorcycle with rider and pillion. I’m a little twitchy myself, but all fingers and toes crossed!

asbrooks

Sardinia

fazzini

So we can’t discuss holibobs in a chat forum now, for fear of offending someone?

And I’m not being defensive (a few days in Dorset in a caravan isn’t a brag)

Of course we can, however, your use of such terminology as “holibobs” reserves you a special place in STW hell 😉

your use of such terminology as “holibobs” reserves you a special place in STW hell 😉

I’m surprised it hasn’t wound more people up already 😉

ElShalimo

Does “holibobs” have 2 “l”s and 3 “b”s ?

Asking for a friend?

vmgscot

Little 3 week biking roadtrip in September hitting up places we have enjoyed before in Arizona, Utah and Colorado – a sort of ‘greatest hits’ trip for us. Hopefully get some piccies suitable for the weekend/midweek threads.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I took offence once but the sheep got out.

kimbers

Yeah this could be a nightmare summer for travel!

LAT

we are going to the Sunshine Coast and then to Squamish.

later in the summer we are going to the UK to visit family.

i’m only looking forward to one of these trips.

some great holiday photos. that rock pool swim looks great, scotroutes

Northwind

Wales in a week, for a week of uplifts. And then Bikevillage in August. Cannot wait, for either.

LimboJimbo

We’ll be in this hell hole in August, with a bit of luck.

Benodet, on the south Brittany coast and on the campsite to the bottom right of the picture. First time with the caravan abroad. Should have been in 2020, but, well, you know…..

ocrider

Heading in the opposite direction to blokeuptheroad beginning of August. Need to visit the in-laws and everything direct to Ireland from France and Spain are fully booked outward bound. They’ve really cut passenger ferries from the continent to Eire this year.
    The solution involves the short overnight crossing from Caen to Portsmouth, some bikeparks and and a campsite between the Severn and Anglesey, followed by another shorter overnight from Holyhead to Dublin. We’ve had worse detours to start a holiday.

stevextc
    Free Member

So I was sat outside the pub after an evening ride in Peaslake the other night with some mates 10 miles from home thinking bugger me… this would be like being on hols if I could have a 2nd pint…
    Then yesterday sat in glorious sun in Coldharbour after a ride.

I think I might just take the van and park it up round local places.

chvck
    Free Member

Went to Pitlochry/Dunkeld/Aberfeldy for a few days in April. Aiming to spend a few days in North Wales late Summer and might try get to tweed valley at some point too. Can’t be dealing with flying these days.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.