Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 185 total)
  • Where are we all going on holiday?
  • freeagent
    Free Member

Driving from Bromley to Italy.

Night in Geneva on the way down, then 7 nights in a Eurocamp on that strip of land that runs across the front of the Venice lagoon.
    after that we’ve got 14 nights in another huge campsite in Lake Garda, before a 1 night stop-over in France on the way home.

23 nights is possibly the longest holiday i’ve ever had – and only made possible due to a unique set of circumstances this year.

I’m taking my road bike and cannot wait!

ifra
    Free Member

Off to france for 3 weeks end of July, 1 week in northern Ardeche and then two weeks down south about an hours north of Montpellier. Dont take bikes on holiday so generally hunt around for lots of wild swimming places and rocks for the boys to launch off

france

france2

Rockape63
    Free Member

I iz going to Mallorca, which is clearly the place to go, seeing as Klopp, Guardiola, CR7, Arteta, Brendan Rogers etc are all out there.

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/

willard

@teenrat Wait, Sundsvall? I’m currently in Östersund (two hours further north and west) and can recommend it for a visit if you have a car.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Clent hills for a week, it’s only 20 minutes from the Commonwealth Games aquatic centre where we’ll be going to watch our son competing. The tickets are not cheap and he has to be back at work so it’s just one week for us. Also popping down to see the MIL who has dementia and is in care. Happy holidays.

daviek

Nothing as of yet, Mrs is dragging her heals so might invade the brother in laws west of Bristol again although weve been there the past few years and he might like a rest!

Might be that we stay at home and do a few days here and there.

tomparkin

We’re off to Corby.

Stock photo, but I’ll try and dig out a personal one.

Corby!, jewel in the crown of Northamptonshire

Stainypants

We take mountain bikes on holiday but don’t go on mountain biking holidays. This summer holiday is a week in Barbazan 10 miles north of Luchon looks like it has a load of way-marked trails from the door. Followed by a week in the Ariege north of Foix and then a week in Murol in the Massif Central. A mixture of road, gravel, and MTBing plus plenty of SUPing and Kayaking. Its first time not camping as there is too much gear to lug around.

Pieface

Mid-August we’re going to Budva in Montenegro for some sun. Booked it around the new year and went all inclusive, seems we got a bit of a bargain as the price has been climbing ever since. Looking forward to beaches, pools and maybe some days out to Kotor and the Aquapark.

End of August we’re going camping with friends in North Wales or Yorkshire coast with friends before school starts.

Autumn half term we’re off to Tenerife and will take in Siam Water Park, amongst other things.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@willard Why are you in Östersund? I live here! Come say hi!

@teenrat
    i like sundsvall , good climbing!

@weeksy
    we are hwading to morzine too! Perhaps start a roll call thread!

matt_outandabout

Basque country for a week, followed by the Picos de Europa for a second week.
    A long drive down UK and overnight ferry on Saturday/Sunday coming to get there.

Once back from there, mrs_oab heads to Arran with her parents for a week.

While I take youngest_oab to fly out and meet eldest_oab in Saalbach-Hinterglemm for a week of this.

Fat-boy-fat

Madeira back in March (thanks Freeride Madeira for a good bit of biking), Tuscany just now (way too hot to bike) and Morzine in August. Plus various weekends out and about round Scotland and the Lakes.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The exotic Prestatyn next month (where I hope to improve my ~34min time up Road To Hell and get to Blaenau Ffestiniog to climb Stwlan Dam for a first time… If trains are running ok) and Longleat CP in September (loads of lovely cyling lanes/hills right next to campus, went there for the day in May, might well try a day ride to Mendips a bit like ’17 this time).

RoterStern
    Free Member

We’re taking the mobile home to Sardinia. Probably going to stop a night or two at Lake Garda (it’s almost a family tradition) and then onto Livorno and the ferry across. We have been to Corsica and Elba but it will be our first time on Sardinia.

https://lp-cms-production.imgix.net/features/2015/12/Maddalena_cs.jpg?auto=format&ar=16%3A9&q=40&w=1920&h=1080&dpr=1

b230ftw
    Free Member

Must be nice to be able to look forward to a holiday.

CheesybeanZ

Probably Mygate ….again.

StuE
    Free Member

Just back from 6 weeks in Spain & France split between 16 campsites and 2 hotels

scruff9252

Finishing up this week then hopefully scoot off early on Friday and head through to the boat for a few weeks.

My wife is keen to go south to Ireland /Isle of Mann / perhaps Anglesey. I quite fancy North to the Outer Hebrides again and perhaps Orkney…

Will decide on Sat morning depending on wind Direction.

kimbers

2 weeks in France on the west coast about half way down in August

Very glad we booked the Chunnel rather than flights that are now at risk of cancellation*

* Watch Chunnel chaos descend in the summer!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Wherever you lot recommend that has great uplifted singletrack and is not too far from Nuernberg.

Currently considering Verbier, but can’t seem to get hold of the one and only campsite (@tracey any assistance? 😃)

Possibly Serfaus as mates are going there, but very nervous about the Austrian option given how shite Saalbach Hinterglemm was last time around compared to the French resorts.

Any suggestions welcome….

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC and I are celebrating both our kids being away giving us the our first child free week in 19 years becoming in Suffolk. Later in the summer we are camping in Northumberland.

Eldest, meanwhile has Brussels and Edinburgh with his other half thus summer. Daughter is off to Switzerland for a gymnastics event, then a music tour in Austria, then a Scout Jamboree here in the UK. Then there’s a school trip to Switzerland in October.

Hence why we are camping.

(To be fair, most of these are trips delayed by Covid)

fazzini

Dragged the shed to Grantown on Spey for the May half term holiday.
    Dragging the shed to Lincolnshire for summer holiday.
    Dragging shed once more to Keswick for October half term holiday.

sadexpunk

crete on monday for 2 weeks, if easyjet play ball.

then another 2 weeks in crete (different area) start of september i think it is.

as you can see, we like crete.

Tracey

@thegeneralist

There is one campsite further up the valley from the bottom lift station.
    The lift station carpark is where most vans park up which is ideal for the lift up to Verbier and near by to the Le Chable amenities.
    If you are lucky you may get a space on the edge of it overlooking the river.
    Anywhere else and you risk been moved on.
    Not ideal but if you only want riding then it’s better than other venues we have stayed.

willard

@howsyourdad1 What the hell???!!! Can do, but my GF is an instructor at the skydiving club here/Optand and they have a student course on right now, so she’s on that all day. We are here until the middle of next week though. I’m workign from our office at the university though, so am arguably “in town”.

Actually, there will be tandems and stuff happening out at Optand all over midsommar weekend, so if you fancy seeing that, stop by. There may be a BBQ, there may be beer later in the evening when it winds down.

Drop me a pm if you know of a good place to buy hipster coffee.

bedmaker

Planning to do the holoidays I’ve missed since 2020, starting with a week bikepacking Georgia a few weeks ago.
    Don’t want to post the full list incase Greta is watching….

wheelsonfire1

Ah, I realise now, it’s a bragging thread! Possibly insensitive in these times where some forum members will not be able to afford to go anywhere apart from Ourgate!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@willard pm sent. Have you got a bike? Do you like rock climbing? What are you doing for midsommar?

rickmeister

Croatia again for a couple of weeks back end of the year. Loved it last year, great trails, great food, great beer, great weather. Island hopping down to Cres/Mali Losinj/Rab and the lake at Bled was a real surprise too.

Working to deliver Swiss Epic for 6 days so thats a free mini tour of Switzerland.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

There is one campsite further up the valley from the bottom lift station.

I spoke to Camping Champsec this evening and half booked a spot. Is that ok for the lift Station?

Eek, 4.2km. Hmmmm not ideal. Guess it depends on height gain.

stingmered

Had 5 wintry days in the Dales in Feb, then A gloriously sunny week of MTB with the family in mid-Wales in May. Got 10 days in the Alps for the Megavalanche starting this Sat, then a week in Grizedale late July with the extended family (19 of us!) Carlingford for a week in October. Plus a few camping long weekends. In between all this I’ve got work trips to Japan for a week each plus the same for Norway. All feels very different from the last 2 years!

marcg868
    Free Member

Kalithea in Rhodes for the usual three weeks end of August. Alternate between Rhodes,Kos, Crete every year. Been every year apart from 2018 when we moved house.
    Love Greece. Hire a motorbike and enjoy exploring the islands, absolute bliss riding/driving over there.

singlespeedstu

Heading back to Spain for a week with Ciclo Montana that’s been on hold for two years.
    Also got a week with Bike Village that’s also been on hold for two years but not sure if we’ll just hold out until next year for that one.
    Think we’ll be heading further north for a week or so too.

Tracey

@thegeneralist

It’s not a bad pedal down to the bottom lift station. Dependant on the trails you choose to get back to the valley bottom then some of them will bring you out further up the valley.

You should be able to get a trail map from the lift station which is quite good. Combined with trail forks for the stuff further afield that’s not on it

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Wicked, cheers Tracey. Just had a look ont’ map and it’s only twice the distance we did at Val* between camping and lift, so that’s ok.

Dependant on the trails you choose to get back to the valley bottom then some of them will bring you out further up the valley.

Excellent, was thinking about that.

Thanks for the suggestion of the motorhome aire. Problem is that we’re not even remotely self contained… 14, 16 + 2 adults in a wee VW, so need a proper campsite.

* apologies for deliberately using a wankerism:-)

Tracey

There is some big ride day stuff on the Bruson side of the valley which would involve some climbing. Not sure if the lift up that side will be running and we have only done them van assisted.

momo

Disneyland Paris for Christmas, nothing booked for Summer yet, waiting to find out if MrsMomo is running the summer school for new year 7s at her school again this year before we book anything, likely to be UK based whatever though.

chipster

Since we got the dog, we’ve been holidaying fairly local.

We’ve been for a long weekend in a caravan on the Yorkshire Coast earlier in the year.

We’re booked for a couple of weeks in the same caravan later in the year.

PXL-20210916-165841973-MP

colp

Heading out to Austria (near Leogang) mid July for 6 weeks. Will probably do a week in Croatia and maybe a trip to Finale Ligure in there somewhere.

@matt_outandabout

Message me when you are in Saalbach if you want to hook up for a ride

seosamh77
    Free Member

Off to Ireland tomorrow till Monday, just visiting friends, Shall probably be bouncing about Belfast/Downpatrick. Otherwise not much tbh. Other than that will try and get a good few camping trips I think.

But holiday wise, probably looking next year before I head back to the sun. Anything I do will more likely be Scotland based.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.