• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • When you realize your job is meaningless
  • thols2

I feel better about the pointlessness of my job after watching this.

tomhoward

Imagine how the guy who fits indicators to BMWs feels.

kerley
    Free Member

Guess that was his resignation method

martinhutch

Alas, not real. Which suggests our everyday existence is even more pointless.

thepurist

Did he get the traffic job after his weather forecasting career?

fazzini

Imagine how the guy who fits indicators to BMWs feels.

Chapeau sir! My training group at work are now looking at me rather strangely after my lost coffee moment. I love this forum 🙂

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

I know people who have made a career out of it!

Allegedly one (quite senior) boss at my last workplace walked around a sprawling site all day with a buff file under his arm.

No one knew what he actually did but was senior enough never to be challenged. I was told his job title even stated ‘without portfolio’ in brackets.

DezB
    Free Member

Dammit, that was really funny, until Anavid becomes Ryan
    Make my morning, then ruin it all within one 30 minute thread. That’s STW.

binners

Thats brilliant!!

Rejoice in your pointlesness.

We were having a discussion about what the collective noun would be for the people who do our ‘job’

We settled on an irrelevance of graphic designers 🙂

p7eaven
    Free Member

Excellence.

Also, try being this person:

nickjb
    Free Member

That was great.

I remember once I had a work trip by train. I sat opposite someone who I gather owned a small restaurant chain. He spent about 2 hours on the phone discussing the size of Ramakins with a colleague. The gist of it was that they were too big and they were losing money on olive sales. I couldn’t take the high ground as I was on my laptop drawing door handles to be 3d printed and fitted to houses in a model village. At least we were on a train going somewhere.

CountZero

Thankfully, my job is neither meaningless nor unappreciated. Which is nice to know.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I remember a PDR with my boss when I worked in local authority. I told him I thought we were both guaranteed a seat on the B Ark.

After I’d had to explain the B Ark to him, he looked at me for what seemed like forever, then agreed with me.

sharkattack

If I didn’t go to work today no one would know. But hours of YouTube videos would remain unwatched.

DezB
    Free Member

Which is nice to know

It really is. I’ll sleep soundly anyway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘When you realize your job is meaningless’ is closed to new replies.