Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 171 total)
  • When you meet STWrs in the flesh…
  • IHN

Just had a nice cup of tea with Stoner

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

Were there biscuits?

I bet Stoner had biscuits. He seems like a biscuit* sort of guy.

*Not Cadbury’s Fingers obviously. That’d be a bit insensitive.

IHN

You know what, I didn’t offer him a biscuit, how rude of me. We’ve got some Tunnocks wafers in the cupboard as well. Then again, he’s obviously the kind of fella who watches what he eats to keep in that kind of shape

DezB
    Free Member

I met some at Swinley forest a few months back. Ride arranged by weeksy, who didn’t turn up (Musta known I was coming.) I was shamefully unfit compared to them, and it was cold and wet towards the end of the ride.

But yeah, nice fellas, most definitely.

DezB
    Free Member

ps. that girl up there ^^ is saying ‘So What?’

plyphon
    Free Member

Usually when you meet someone from the internet and they turn out to be a 40 year old man you’re disappointed.

nbt

I’ve met Binners and Hora

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve met Binners and Hora

….but never at the same time?

Makes you think!

DezB
    Free Member

Usually when you meet someone from the internet and they turn out to be a 40 year old man you’re disappointed.

and they don’t get the ride they hoped for.

fasthaggis

I often daydream about which STW people I would most like to meet on a long train journey.

IHN

and they don’t get the ride they hoped for

Who says? 😉

footflaps

CFH was a big let down…..

IHN

….but never at the same time?

I have met them at the same time, I can confirm they are two different people.

scotroutes

I’ve still not met @kcal. We’ve a theory that our meeting will signal the end of days, the apocalypse. Given Trump is in the White House, I’m trying to stay as far away from him as I can. We came within a few metres of each other last weekend and that bloody volcano exploded!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Uncanny, Footflaps!

🙂

IHN

I’ve also met NBT and Bunnyhop

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve never met a fellow STW’er.

Camouflage clothing and night vision goggles have seen to that.

DezB
    Free Member

I haven’t met him, but I have seen him at an event or 2, so it was very nice of Mark to send me an email saying he’d love me to come and join in the fun and games on this website. If I’m not busy, I might just do that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve met stoner AND paddedfred, among others.

CFH never came to teh pub though 🙁

perchypanther
    Free Member

CFH never came to teh pub though

You were in the bar. He’d have been in the Lounge.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You say Stoner watches what he eats? Eats what he watches more like. I’d wondered why he was booked in for a full body wax with my beauty therapist yesterday. Didn’t realise he was up for day realease this week.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Pfffft

I helped mcmoonter build a holzhaus.

Given cynic-al a bike frame for a “project”.

Built a trail with northwind and ChrisL.

Cougar

I’ve met Binners, Grum and a couple of others on a Monday Night Ride.  I totally didn’t embarrass myself be being massively unfit and falling off twice.

Houns

Even I’ve met kcal!

bigblackshed

I work with one. We occasionally take our clothes off in the same room. Then we might go and have a cup tea and a nice sit down.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Stalked a few…never met in the flesh.

Stoner
    Free Member

We’ve got some Tunnocks wafers in the cupboard as well

you utter, utter bastard! I’d have been your friend longtime for a tunnocks.

You were surprisingly better dressed than I imagined, Nettles. Unlike meeting flashy, its always nice to meet a better class of forumite!

Cheers BTW, just got back in. Boy has a job this evening getting those wheels onto his bike.

binners

I’ve seen Flashy disappearing into the first class lounge….

IHN

I’d have been your friend longtime for a tunnocks.

Just those few fleeting minutes was enough, I’ll never forget them

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And the horse you rode in on, Stoner.

Harry_the_Spider

Once, whilst stood waiting for a steam train at Minehead station, a complete random came up to me and asked if I was Terrahawk from STW. I said yes.

I’ve met loads off here and to a man they have been a shower of utter ****s. Except for DD, he’s lovely.

Trimix
    Free Member

I spent some time in the Alps with the TheSouthernYeti, turned out to be a really nice chap 🙂

Biketart is OK, when his teeth are still in his head 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve met quite a few. A number are also real life friends who happen to be on here.

I’ve never disliked one I don’t think.

BikeMagic members on the other hand… crikey there were some **** there (and some great people I’m still friends with now).

Northwind

Tracey’s daughter, who I don’t think is even on here, walked up to me and said “Are you that Northwind” Admittedly I was wearing a fluffy bunny suit so probably quite easy to ID.

SaxonRider

I have met quite a few STWers, and been impressed by all of them. As for perchy, I haven’t met him, but let’s just say that his camo and night vision goggles aren’t as effective as he thinks they are.

martinhutch

I’ve met Whitestone off here in passing a couple of times. I generally shout incoherently at him and disappear in the opposite direction..

razorrazoo

I met some at Swinley forest a few months back. Ride arranged by weeksy, who didn’t turn up (Musta known I was coming.) I was shamefully unfit compared to them, and it was cold and wet towards the end of the ride.

But yeah, nice fellas, most definitely.

That was a wet ride (with one particularly fit individual)!  As a group we also managed to tick many of the STW cliche boxes (as well as a being seeming pleasant and sane individuals).  I did forget to properly interrogate over your encyclopaedic musical knowledge though DezB

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I think I’ve encountered perchy at a gate in the Clyde valley, penny didn’t drop for a while after but I can confirm he is less pantherish in the flesh

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Somebody at the mega mistook me for Ed oxley, he looked real nervous so I just went with it.

Many years after chatting went for a ride with kiwijohn

Few others at steel city

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘When you meet STWrs in the flesh…’ is closed to new replies.