Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • When you get that smell.
  • alanl
    Free Member

Doing a local trail today, had done 12 miles or so, we stopped to have a look at an information board, when I smelt that awful dogshite smell, so I looked around to see where it was, none on the ground around us, strange.
    Then I realise it’s on me. Inside of my thigh, and I’d sat on the top tube, so it had smeared on there too.Luckily we had a bottle of water and 4 tissues, along with a pair of disposable gloves with us. But it cannot all be cleaned off. Non stop back to home, as when I stopped, I could smell it still. Stripped off at the front door, clothes straight into the washer, bike put round the back and sprayed down.
    It’s got to the worst thing to get on you isnt it?

5plusn8
    Free Member

It pisses me off, I have two big dogs:
    a) They are trained not to shit on the trail, the go off to the side.
    b) I pick it up unless I am in an area where stick and flick is encouraged by the authorities. I do however always make an assessment as to how accessible the flick zone is as small children tend to wander into bushes, so I often pick it up anyway.

I have seen human poop on the trail..

somafunk

Nope, the worst stench I ever experienced was when I attempted to ride a dead 60ft fin whale that had washed up on a local shoreline, somewhat deservedly I slipped on the oils and fats oozing from the whale and my foot and hand/arm punctured the carcass – I retched so much I thought I would die whilst my limbs were still stuck inside.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I think that’s hard to beat somafunk.
    I have smelt human decomp and its probably the same.

martymac

I was following a mate one day when a huge dollop of dog shit flicked up from his front wheel.
    The contortions he did to avoid getting hit were absolutely frickin amazing, I can’t believe he managed to miss it tbh.
    Dirty basterds who leave it lying on a path, makes me wonder what their gardens are like.

matt_outandabout

It’s got to the worst thing to get on you isnt it?

I narrowly missed* a human sh*t and paper about 20cm off the side of a trail today. I think that might be worse.

I hate dog sh*t with a passion. The attitude of a monitory of owners, legitimised a few years ago with the ‘stick it and flick it’ campaign just sucks. And there’s too many in the minority around here it seems.

white101

My dad (in his early 70’s at the time) once had his allotment broken into, plenty damage to his greenhouse, veg plot and a small loft where he has a few pigeons. As he stepped through the gate, all smashed and broken, was a turd. Human.

As a dog owner who walks many of the local riding areas I’m always on top of bagging it up but so many folk just think it’ll rot away (see also the litter thread recently)

Yak

Dogshit. Yeah shit awful. Especially on a bottle lid if you don’t realise in time. Or the big one my son hit with his front wheel that exploded in a proper shower of shit all over him.
    Oh joy.

Andy-R

A few years ago I’d just reached the end of a section of disused railway track when I noticed that I’d picked up a big chunk of dog shit on my front tyre. I was attempting to wipe it off on some grass when a couple of dog walkers (even older than me) asked what I was doing.
    I said ”Trying to wipe off this dog shit before it all flicks off in my face as I ride down the road”.
    The reply? “Yes, we like to leave you a little present or two”.

You couldn’t make it up. Let’s just say that I was less than polite…

avdave2

It’s bad but one thing I’ve found out since I’ve been working on the bins is that foxes love to shit on wheelie bins and in the glass boxes and if you think dog shit smells bad it’s nothing compared to what a fox can produce.

white101

Ahhh… fox shit. My dog used to love rolling in it as a puppy. Awful stink

ajantom

Many moons ago I could smell dog shit really strongly, stopped, checked everywhere, couldn’t find it.
    Then my mate pointed to the lump of poo attached to my upper lip.
    Retch 🤮

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘When you get that smell.’ is closed to new replies.