Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • When will humans start seriously cutting down on plastic use?
  • Trekster

I work in the “packaging” industry 😕
    http://www.dupontteijinfilms.com/

batfink
    Free Member

alpin – Member
    I live in Munich and am not aware of anyone’s rubbish being weighed

I’m saying Munich – it was probably an hour or so outside, I should probably have said “Bavaria” But yes, definitely the case (certainly in their district). We had a long conversation about it over breakfast as the bin men came and collected the rubbish, weighing them as they did so.

Northwind

sirromj – Member

surely we’ve made enough **** buckets by now

My hobbies: replacing the ****s with the wrong word.

Bunnyhop

I’ve been watching a BBC telly programme called eat well for less. Apart from the fact I find it fascinating that people spend so much money on food, Its infuriating that the programme makers don’t take the opportunity to show how much packaging there is on ready meals, ready chopped fruit and veg, around fruit and veg, just on and around most supermarket food and take away food. These people must have full to overflowing bins every week.

We grow some of our own stuff and I’m lucky enough to live somewhere with proper greengrocer shops, butchers and bakers. Our baker just hands you the loaf in tissue.

We have to change our shopping habits. Even in a supermarket you can just put loose fruit and veg into a basket.

Make a fabric carrier bag. It’s easy.

I could go on and on.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘When will humans start seriously cutting down on plastic use?’ is closed to new replies.