• This topic has 84 replies, 78 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mos.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • When were you last in hospital..?
  • Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Never, before june this year, then bang, collar bone, 6 ribs, shoulder blade. Pretty much back to normal now, just need my fitness back.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

25 years ago for a hernia repair. been to A&E a few times over the years but not for a good long time now.

brakes
    Free Member

just A&E 6 years ago for an acromioclavicular separation

redthunder
    Free Member

bum plums 🙁

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Colande,

Can you help me with my book on Avocado stone removal accidents?

Taff
    Free Member

5 years ago for radiotherapy

ourmaninthenorth

In now. Guillian Barre syndrome. Been here 8 weeks.

Eek. Get well soon, paulsoxo – that sounds nasty..!

Most recently for me – glaucoma screening clinic

Most recently for Mrs North – August, baby.

Biggest for me – hit in the eye with a hockey ball. Shattered eye socket and broken cheekbone. Three pieces of titanium hold my face together. Sadly, the surgeon wasn’t able to fix the rest of my ugliness…. Oh, and duff eye as a result (can’t read wkith left eye).

catnash
    Free Member

40 minutes ago, I work in one 😀

trio25
    Free Member

Four weeks ago with Quinsy, spent three nights there….it was boring and not somewhere I want to return.

LoCo
    Free Member

March, Baby 😀
    Previous March, almost died 😯

joolsburger
    Free Member

Around July collarbone seperation, Kingston General, in and out in an hour, very good service.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

August – chainsaw accident. Stitches in my leg. Not an experience I’m in a hurry to repeat.

Flaperon

2007 to have my eyeball sewn back in place.

BoardinBob

July.

contracted typhoid in Shanghai 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve only had 2 stays of overnight or longer:
    Easter 1976 – appendix out, I was 11 and in for a week
    May 2006 – dislocated ankle & fractured fibula, I was in for about 5 days. That’ll teach me to be a wuss and walk my bike down “The Beast”

project
    Free Member

A few years ago,3 days to have an abcess on my buttock cut open and then left for 8 weeks as an open wound, (4 inches long and an inch deep), every day washed and cleaned and then packed by a nice nurse at home.

Then they found out i was anaemic, so 4 pints of blood overnight, iron tablets, and 2 barium enemas and 6 lots of Picolax, a camera down my throat, and refused one oop me bum (not the same camera hopefully) all in the following years.

Hey ho still alive

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Personally 5 weeks ago for an ultrasound on my nads 😯
    all clear thank fully

Still visit everyday for my job 😉

TiRed

Yesterday for wife’s check up following a recent operation; All last summer in ITU visiting my sister. Personally, I have spent two nights in hospital about 20years ago for dehydration following the squits and fever.

And I used to research Hospital acquired infections… 😕

Karinofnine

M-F – hope your mum is ok.

September 5 for a knee arthroscopy. It was a private hospital, thank goodness for health insurance via work!

5spotspringer
    Free Member

Last Spring after breaking my leg dirt biking in Spain.

Watched the Dakar on telly in Jan, thought it can’t be too hard. Turns out there’s more to it than I thought! 😳

dan1980
    Free Member

August last year to have my heart cooked by a dwarf 😀

I’m fine now

Pauly

Last year, several times for 4 ops in total after a big stack at Cwmcarn.
    Grade 2 open compound fracture of my right radius, dislocated hand & wrist.
    Not nice seeing jaggy bones sticking out of your arm.

Got about 30% mobility back and can still ride my bike, but no more racing DH for me.

nickname
    Free Member

couple of weeks ago to have my nuts scanned

Swalsey
    Free Member

4 months ago to have blood drained from behind thumb nail, or 14 months ago for this:

Lionheart
    Free Member

Blimey looking through here makes me wonder about off road cycling!!
    Last in hospital Aug 2010, broken rib, collar Bone (broke it only a year before!) and bruised lung and adrenal gland – in intensive care for 5 days! All from a minor ish stack on the gentlest of DH tracks.
    Back in tomorrow, collar bone broken again last sunday, 3 times in two years:(.
    I have been off road since 1982 riding every week, some weeks every day so why now!? Time from some training – when better the Jedi will get a call.
    So back to my addiction of building bikes…..

crispybacon
    Free Member

I was last in Hospital for a bike related injury on Nov 8th I’d torn the ligament on my middle finger & I was referred to a hand surgeon.

I was then back on 17th November for a dermatology appointment for skin cancer, I’m having 3 monthly check ups at present.

keefus
    Free Member

seven years ago…..heart attack. fitter, healthier and happier now than i’ve ever been.

sharki
    Free Member

About a month ago stocking up on rubber.

Northwind

About 4 years ago when I mangled my knee with a motorbike (wasn’t riding it, I was moving it round the driveway and somehow fell over!). And 6 months before that, when I fractured my hip and had to get my leg meccano’d back on. Been on a relatively good run since then

dr_death
    Free Member

Tomorrow…

Feel free not to pop in and see me!

samuri
    Free Member

Swalsey, looks nasty. How did they remove the frame from your leg?

PeteG55
    Free Member

Over 2 years ago for myself, never had an overnight stay.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Last time admitted, was when I was 14 years old. Hit by a car whilst on my bike – fractured skull.

Last time at A&E, was two and a half years go. Hit by a car whilst on my bike on the club run – vertebral fractures (stable).

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I am in hospital five days a week usually. On rare occasions at the weekend too.

Not been a customer for a good while though. I think last time would have been for a cortisone injection in my shoulder. Surprisingly discomfort free and felt like I could have wrestled a bear for a day or two afterwards.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

swalesy – I like the way they incorporated a bike frame …………

I was in a hospital last night as staff and last week visiting Mrs TJ who was in for a few days.

restless
    Free Member

april 2009, not ill, just to have a baby 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

September 2010, trying to find my liver after getting crushed.
    December 2009, routine checkup detected a heart problem.
    April 2009, broken ribs and torn thingy inbetween.
    December 2008, serious back injury from an off.
    Up until then I was last in when the Iranian embassy seige was on.

BFITH
    Free Member

Sept 2006 – Came off bike shattered elbow – Carlisle hospital
    June 2007 – First time back riding again after elbow injury – came off again and broke collar bone! D’oh
    November 2007 – Reconstructive surgery to elbow – almost back to normal

(Touches wood) nothing since then………..

rOcKeTdOg

i’m sat here now on an NHS pc, i did drop my dad off to one of the wards for an op earlier too

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

June 2009, seizures & removal of brain tumour – was out 48 hours post op.
    January 2010 removal of brain tumour – was in hospital a week post op because they were worried about meningitis.
    March 2010 seizure – probably because of the radiotherapy.
    March-April out patient radiotherapy treatment for brain tumour.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘When were you last in hospital..?’ is closed to new replies.