Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • When was the last time you were properly drunk?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Two weekends ago

Went out with my mates and got merry.

Got a taxi home and the driver recognised my name, we got talking and it turned out my late dad took him on as an apprentice years and years ago – I still remembered his name too – anyway, this happened a couple of days before what would have been my dad’s 74th birthday so I was feeling down anyway (he only died 4 years ago so still quite fresh in my mind).

I recall sitting with my wife (who was in bed and I woke her up) crying about it.

Then I went downstairs and started to drink a bit too much.

Ooops.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The Alexandra Arms in Kettering, blimey I haven’t been in there for nearly 20 years. Nice to know it’s still a dump.

HansRey

since coming to Finland, i’ve nearly stopped all together. Fortunately, i’m going back to UK in a week with 4 big bottles of Hopus and seeing my mates.

Houns

Just returned from sainsburys where they have beer festival thing, lots of good beers from smaller breweries £1.50

*sups*

keefus
    Free Member

May 31st 2013….the day I retired, aged 66. Didn’t puke even after 3 bottles of Chilean red.

kcal

Tesco have lots of Scottish beer at prices from £1.39 at the mo, too.

Mate here used to be a Tornado pilot, had been on some exchange trip to ? W Germany? Poland possibly.
    I think the weekend got rather out of hand, but they had a great time – until cue time to fly back…

100% oxygen all the way back, apparently when he got back to base he had to get his missus to collect him as he was unfit to drive. er…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

In June. It took 3 days to sober up. I thought my liver had failed.

This only happens when I drink with Sue and Caroline.

khani
    Free Member
    boxfish
    Free Member

6-Nations Super Saturday 2013…it was a very long day…felt human again by the following Tuesday

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Distillery tour a few months ago, drunk enough to fall for their stupidly expensive “fill your own bottle” marketing ploy. Still, I now have a “special” bottle of 16 yo first fill sherry barrel Aberlour hand filled by me. You’ll need to take my word for it because the handwritten label is pretty illegible having been handwritten by me after about a dozen nips of Aberlour’s finest.

john_drummer
    Free Member

can’t remember. I get sleepy and/or bored after 3 or 4 pints so game over before I get drunk

WoodyCannondale
    Free Member

Once thought I was going to die, my brother was threatened with being shot and then we nearly got killed by a hippo all in the space of about 16 hrs.

toys19
    Free Member

Quite pissed now at 445pm. Waiting for manc to exe to take off, been.inabetdeen and manc loungs.hic.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Marin
    Free Member

About 2 weeks ago on mates birthday. Took 3 ladies to get me in a car. All motor skills went. No vomiting or snarling just lots of staggering and talking nonsense. Not been like that for a long time. Dangers of the Dispensary. See old thread about Liverpool boozers.

waveydave
    Free Member

Over 10years ago, the last time cannot remember exactly. But nearly every time involved large amounts of chunder. One time i went back to a pals house after a dozen or so pints then we cracked open the vintage port…….i made a spendid map of india, africa and some extra countries by spewing it all up including luminous bile onto his beautiful red carpet. The profesional carpet cleaner failed miserably to even get the shade of pink any nearer to red. Stopped drinking so much cos it made me soooo poorly and it doesnt go down to good when you piss your mates spare bed.

RustySpanner

Mates dad’s 60th, Amsterdam 2009.

Stayed at the Bulldog, started on the beers at lunch in the Bulldog bar whilst sampling the naughty end of the smoking menu.

8 pints and a raft full of Thai later decided a full tray of truffles would sharpen me up for the evening.

A rather bizarre tour of the brownhouses and coffee shops ensued, followed by some more truffles and a demonstration of what can really be done with a ping pong ball.

Woke up on the rooftop terrace garden of the Bulldog at 8am, had a shower, a minor breakdown and started again.

Happy days.

RustySpanner

Oh.
    Going back for my Stag do next year.

You’re all invited.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Copenhagen Beer Celebration earlier this year – ended up on a barley wine rampage with some reprobates from the craft beer scene, was all very mellow to tell the truth but we were all pretty out of it by the end.

teethgrinder

Works night out 4 weeks ago. 3 cans of Miller at home, amstel, jagerbomb, 2 points of turbo shandy, a jug of mojito…all in the union rooms. After that it was a bit of a blur until 4am when I walked back into town from jesmond for a kebab.
    I then had a nap under a leylandi in exhibition park next to the skate park until the wife came to pick me up at 5am.

Can’t wait for the next one!

tomhoward

Turbo shandy!! Not had them for a while!

Anyway, err, carry on…

teethgrinder

It’s the drink of champions.

sbob
    Free Member

When was the last time you were properly drunk?

Gimme 90 minutes.

woody21
    Free Member

I had a session with my Step Father in Law, ended up in the log basket, pulled a curtain and rail off the wall, went to bed fully clothed. Mrs W not happy. Blamed SFiL, he led me a stray – he’s 78 he should have known better

epicyclo

Haven’t been drunk in ages.

When you get older you don’t need to drink so much for social occasions.

There’s a scientific reason for this.

Your eyesight starts to go in your 40s, so by the time you hit your mid 50s you can stop drinking altogether because you no longer need your beer goggles. 🙂

andypandy85
    Free Member

Fell asleep on a Tram that goes past my apartment in Vienna.
    After midnight the trams change line. I ended up about 30k from where I was trying to get to at 2 in the morning.

A guy I used to work with went on the smash in London, got on the train with the best intentions of getting off at Didcot Parkway. Woke up at Bristol when the train terminated. Realising he had to be at work (near Didcot) about 6 hours later, the only option he had was a taxi, only cost him a few hundred quid. When he got back to his place, he discovered at some point in all the carnage he’d lost his keys, so went to work early and slept in his office.

Most people would learn after that sort of experience, he’s done a similar thing a few times since then. Absolute animal on the beer!

As for me, I last got completely bungalowed 4 years back, on my 23rd birthday in Wolverhampton. Started power drinking at 5pm, went to Revs at 9, had a few more pints, did some shots, went to the pub across the road (the Royal London seems to ring a bell?) did some more shots, high-fived everyone in the pub, went outside, threw up all over my mates new shoes, fell asleep on the pavement, woke up at 9 the next morning…good times!

Now I very, very rarely touch alcohol. I work too hard to waste my time off feeling like death, I’d rather spend it DHing 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time you were properly drunk?’ is closed to new replies.