Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • When was the last time you were properly drunk?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Molly, have you tried other ways? Mdma, stuff like that?

Nope, doesn’t appeal.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“last Xmas I gave you my hurl, but he very next day you gave it away”

Xmas just gone, celebration for a very sucessful year all told and MrsBouy & I drank far too many cocktails in Plateau in That Canary Wharf.. dear God did we feel rough the following day.. not been anywhere near that drunk since, in fact we don’t drink that much acchhualllyyyy… 😉

Houns

Anyone else thirsty? *smacks lips*

Just up after a night shift, off for 2 days, it’s raining……. Pub?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthegear
    Free Member

Given the wide variety of shots we were having in OHSO and Dr. Brighton’s weekend before last, I should have been drunk but for some reason I felt fine. Almost disappointed. Fab night, though!!

Rachel

footflaps

This morning

You been looking at my wedding photos?

FuzzyWuzzy

Been a few years for me to, although might be getting wasted tonight…

DezB
    Free Member

My stag do. 1973 I think it was.

Kryton57

For me to get to steaming and falling over would take perhaps as much as 3 whole pints.

This. About 3 years ago, ended up home at 3.30am after leaving a pair of Oakley Juliets in a gay bar., then I realised at 6.30am that a hangover with kids about is bad for me as its is for them, and heavy drinking impacts my much more limited bike time. And I entered my 40’s.

Shred
    Free Member

I’m with molgrips here, never been drunk.

I’ve just never seen the appeal of it at all.

Pyro

When I lived in Hamburg, so 2003-04.

€0.50 tequila and sambuca shots were a bad, bad thing…

emsz
    Free Member

So, me and rach then? The rest of you lot are lightweights

Houns

You just want to get Rach drunk and get in her knickers 😛

emsz
    Free Member

Houns !! 😳

redpanda
    Free Member

Bit hungover today actually. 😳

But Emsz: properly drunk involves violence, police and/or medical intervention, involuntary defecation, damage to property, the severing of relationships and a complete inability to remember anything the next day.

Ah, happy days…

Houns

I’m sure her email is in her profile

Anyway…. Booze…

Kryton57

emsz – Member
    So, me and rach then? The rest of you lot are middle aged forum trolls

FTFY.

SaxonRider

About 6 months ago, and before that, 3 years earlier. But that was the first time in almost 20 years. My excuse in the most recent case was that I was continually being handed vodka, and it was impossible to refuse. Almost literally. To refuse would have been like being in France and saying I was a vegetarian.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Got utterly trashed at a conference in Czech in April. Free wine plus loads of stress over the previous weeks meant I was so in the mood. I could barely stand by the end though at around 5am.

Felt so awful afterward that I didn’t drink anything for about 3 months.. 😆

hjghg5
    Free Member

At a work “awayday” in July. It involved beer and curry in Birmingham on a Tuesday night and although I felt at the time like I’d stopped drinking before I got too drunk, my inability to keep anything down the next morning rather proved that I hadn’t. Sadly there were colleagues in breakfast who couldn’t understand why I had about a spoonful of cereal and a sip of coffee before disappearing and I missed my train back to Leeds, reappearing in the office over an hour after everyone else.

Whoops.

That was a bit of a wake up call, and since then I’ve cut my drinking significantly with no midweek drinking and one 14 day spell where I didn’t touch a drop. I’m not intending to give up completely but I am trying to be far more sensible about it.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Hmm,……….well I’m not entirely sure of the last time. Possibly St Pauls carnival in July in Bristol but no hurling.

I got very very very smashed on my stag weekend in April. I had a sober January and have been barely drinking since so I tried to train for the stag weekend by having a couple of bottles of wine or cider a night for a week before. I think it helped but in all honesty I was never going to be able to make myself immune! There are only a couple of bits I don’t remember (which was probably for the best because it was being abused by my mates in a bar and whipped with my belt by some strippers) but there was no puking. oh, actually there was one little puke. I kept getting forced to have 3 jager bombs in a row. The third time this happended, I could tell on the 2nd jager that it wasn’t settling right so I necked the 3rd and headed to the loo for a tactical chunder. Seemed to work.

Edit: I did somehow manage to get up in the night, take my clothes off, wet the floor and then get into my mates bed with him, all while asleep!

I barely drank on the day I got married, I spent most of the day refusing drinks because I wanted to remember it and also we had a very long wedding. We had hired a club for after the reception, and then had an afterparty when the club shut so got to bed at about 14;30.

tomhoward

Really, properly, can’t remember what happened drunk? Halloween 2005. Had a hangover for 3 days.

Drunk enough to fall over? May just gone.

Merrily pissed? About a month ago.

It’s my work leaving do in 5ish weeks, we’ll see how far up the scale I go…

allthegear
    Free Member

Sorry to spoil your dream, Houns, but I’m very happily spoken for… 🙂

Rachel

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Never?

Really? That can’t be true.

why not? genuine question, why is it so surprising that there may be people who have never got steaming drunk?

anyway, for me it was new year’s eve 1988. and i’ve never touched a drop since. i just decided that enough was enough. and i’ve never sampled any other so-called recreational substances as, like molly, i never saw the attraction.

ekul
    Free Member

About 2 weeks ago for my birthday, I was in Tenerife with the missus and a mate and his missus. As I’d just turned 22 it seemed like the done thing whilst abroad so me and my mate went for a ‘walk’ and returned 4 hours and about 8 pints later with change from a tenner (1 euro a pint!). I was pretty merry by this point so we thought we’d hit Las americas for a few cocktails with the good ladies. However, I stupidly told the barman it was my birthday and so ended up having to down a dirty pint, not sure what was in that one. Don’t really remember much after this point but apparently in the next bar they did the same again but this one had 7 spirits topped up with baileys and beer. Somehow i managed to drink it AND keep it down (probably my downfall) but i was in such a state that i had to be put to bed. It was half 12.

The next couple of days I couldn’t even look at alcohol without my stomach burning. Horrendous.

emsz
    Free Member

But Emsz: properly drunk involves violence, police and/or medical intervention, involuntary defecation, damage to property, the severing of relationships and a complete inability to remember anything the next day.
    Ah, happy days…

Ha ha you know my mate Stevie then?

Never been arrested, but got memory blanks ( and funny looks and unexplained huffs from mates)

Northwind

Best part of 10 years I think. Finally figured out how to stop just before the precipice 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

dads funeral back in march, funnily enough he claim to have never been drunk 😳

Mister-P
    Free Member

Notting Hill Carnival a couple of weeks ago. I had to be carried through the tube station. But other factors were involved too 😳

mark_b
    Free Member

Really smashed where a friend needed a trip in an ambulance and their stomach pumped – July 2007 – in Morzine on my brothers stag do.

Started badly with boxes of cheap wine, went down hill from there ending with green shots being drunk.

Left the bar – have vague recollections of wandering round Morzine on my own. Woke up fully clothed on my bed. Stinking hangover. The door to our chalet and bikes left wide open. Various people missing. Friend phoned from a hospital – he couldn’t speak French, had been ‘dealt with’ whilst drunk include having a head cut stapled together and he wanted to leave asap.

Cue 3 hung over lads making a tour of the hospitals around Lake Geneva trying to find him. We did discover a french grot shop and one of the doctors at a hospital we visited was called Dr Fromage which amused us greatly – till we found him sheltering in a bus stop.

Not particularly proud of that session and have avoided being that bad ever since.

On the bright side i went out for a ride in the afternoon afterwards and discovered the great riding out behind Mont Chery so not all bad.

tomhoward

Given the wide variety of shots we were having in OHSO and Dr. Brighton’s weekend before last, I should have been drunk but for some reason I felt fine. Almost disappointed. Fab night, though!!

Think I’ve got to that stage, went out the other week (the ‘about a month ago’ I eluded to above), me and my usual drinking buddy decided we weren’t going to drink (we were out for a meal) turns out us not drinking is several beers (‘its only beer’) and a similar amount of double jd and cokes (‘it’s just pop, innit’) followed by shots. 😳 Got back to the hotel, felt fine, no hangover the next day, thanks to experience of what to do to avoid aforementioned hangovers.

STW night out anyone?

jp-t853

Just before Christmas last year. It was best mates funeral that combined in to a once in generation gathering of school friends who went their seperate ways in the early nineties.

We all realised we were drunk and were making our farewells at 9.30 then there was a bottle of champagne and I was home at 1am. It was ugly.

My all time low point was Kavos 1990. When you wake up in the middle of the night in a Greek garden with a dog snarling in your face, something has gone wrong. There are hours of my memory that have never returned.

ton

2 thursdays ago at a mates funeral.
    we were told by his family beforehand that we were not to mourn and be sad, that we had to use the day to celebrate.
    saw friends who i had not seen for over 30yrs, we had a fantastic boozy knees up for him, which he would have loved.
    rip Jules…. 8)

user-removed
    Free Member

The last time I vommed because of alkyhol was day two of my stag do.

I was supposed to be picking up a mate from Pitlochry station but had to get someone else to drive. If you’ve ever driven the road from Pitlochry to Kinloch Rannoch, you’ll understand why I puked…

badllama
    Free Member

Our summer evening out from work last August miss llama said she would pick me up was not too please when I rang her up at 3 am though 😳

I apparently I tried it on with one of the girls from production and was going to throw a lad in a canal,I can remember n…o..t..h..i..n..g 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

In fact, you may peruse the whole car crash of a stag do is you wish…

http://www.facebook.com/jamieemerson.1/media_set?set=a.35463002173.58511.571487173&type=3

_tom_
    Free Member

Weekend before last. Ive been gradually getting worse/more drunk on nights out I think and the hangovers are getting more painful. I have bruises on my arse from falling over all night 😀 we did a pub crawl of all the grotty pubs in Kettering with a minimum of a pint in each. Then out in town afterwards, I got in at 5. Word of advice, never go to the Alexandra Arms, it stinks of armpits and wet dog.

Haha jp I went to kavos with my mates a few months ago it was awesome! Halfway through the week was an all time low of hangover/exhaustion and the shame of seeing the state of the girl I woke up next to 😆 1hr free bar and getting in the foam party in the afternoon sorted me out a treat though!

cr500dom
    Free Member

25th April 1995, I was 23.

Tom-B
    Free Member

3 weeks ago. My mates from Australia came over on a European tour (live dubstep band) I put them gig on at a local venue. I never really drink more than two pints or a couple of glasses of wine.

People were buying us drinks all night…I missed my lift home so needed to get a taxi, apparently I wasn’t happy with any of the quoted prices so called my wife at 3am in the morning to come and pick me up even though I’d got mote than enough for a taxi!

It took me about a day to be able to eat anything and three days before I felt back to normal-still off alcohol now! I didn’t vom, but was falling over and last week I was looking on my phone through some videos of the night…the last one ends with a very pretty pissed up girl dancing then getting her boobs out! Wont be showing that to Mrs B!

Prior to that it was 2012 when I was last drunk.

yunki
    Free Member

I made an admirable effort on the summer solstice this year, culminating in staggering through the door dazed and confused at 8am the following morning to find the mother in law watching the kids whilst Mrs yunki rushed off late to work..

I earnt some time on the dog house for that little escapade I can assure you..

I don’t get drunk very often for obvious reasons

squin
    Free Member

About 2 months ago. Brother-in-law and I decided to go for a little ride (well, that’s what the girls thought). We basically did a pub crawl and 5 pubs in 3 miles.

Decided that they would realise that we’d had a few so the best way to cover this up was to hit the vodka shots when we got back at 2pm in the afternoon…and continued on all day/evening.

Long story short, I slept in the garden (twatted), woke up in the morning, threw up down the side of the garage. Rough for 2 days…not drank a great deal since then!

Time before I decided to walk 14 miles home in -4degrees (in suit, work shoes etc).

Don’t get properly drunk very often, but when I do, tend to make stupid decisions. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time you were properly drunk?’ is closed to new replies.