Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • When was the last time you were properly drunk?
  • emsz
    Free Member

Y’know slurring your words, falling over laughing stupidly, being sick at the end of the night drunk

Honestly for me, months ago, and weirdly doesn’t really appeal anymore. Maybe I’m growing up!! LOL

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe I’m growing up!!

Maybe.

LOL

Maybe not 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

About 10 years ago

footflaps

Didn’t throw up, but was completely rat arsed by the end of our wedding four weeks ago. Didn’t think I’d drunk that much but was very green the next morning….

franksinatra

more than 10 years ago. Stopped drinking to point of getting drunk when I was about 22 / 23 year old

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

At a mates wedding in Italy, 2 years ago. I don’t usually lose control, I’ll get drunk, but am always able to appear and act pretty sober. This time around I was a-holed. Wasn’t sick, but felt like turd for the next 2 days after.

The older I get the less inclined I am to do it, I prefer a few beers, or a good glug of wine with a meal rather than a session.

molgrips
    Free Member

Never.

tang
    Free Member

1996. Not touched a drop since.

franksinatra

Didn’t throw up, but was completely rat arsed by the end of our wedding four weeks ago. Didn’t think I’d drunk that much but was very green the next morning….

genuine question and honestly not a dig, do you think you enjoyed your wedding more because you were drunk?

kcal

throwing up through over drinking? might well have been stag night. Hm. 20th wedding anniversary next month, so…

Was close on a number of occasions since then, feeling rather ‘peaky’ 🙂 but not actually vomiting. Which might have been better really!

pondo

Saturday, at my cousin’s wedding – was cruising quite nicely until we pulled the trigger on Stellas for the last couple of pints. Like a mallet to the back of the head, that stuff.

emsz
    Free Member

Never?

Really? That can’t be true.

**** off Jamie 😆

Mackem

..good practise for married life, being drunk makes it more enjoyable.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

1st June, 2013, after a rugby match.

No chundering, no falling over, mind you, but was utterly banjaxed.

bigG
    Free Member

last winter, had a lads day out at the rugby, started with a pint at breakfast and it went downhill from there. Wasn’t falling around drunk but certainly jibbering more nonsense than normal.

I’d say that getting drunk is now a once a year activity for me at most.

grum
    Free Member

Edinburgh festival a few weeks ago. Jaegerbombs – urghhh. 🙁

I drunk loads at my wedding (only weak ale though) but never felt drunk in the slightest and was fine the next morning (went biking 🙂 ). I sort of wish I hadn’t though as I think I might remember it better.

core

A mates wedding in June. Total mess, for the first time in ages, but was once a regular occurrence, it’s just the way of young farmers.

I’m 25 and already hangovers are getting harder to shake off, plus I don’t like wasting weekends, spend 5 days at work, then why spend 1/2 of your time off feeling shit whilst you recover???

hora
    Free Member

Sunday night before last (I think). Started doing shots and dancing to Highland Sessions on DVD.

The crazy life of suburbia.

Garry_Lager

Stockport real ale festival last year. Ended up crawling home on me hands and knees. V unusual for me to get like that – think I had a bad pint (the 15th one).

soobalias
    Free Member

i dont remember.

good chance it was in the last month, apparently the tequilas were a step too far on a sunday evening.

emsz
    Free Member

Ok so now I look like some drunk bum. ha ha

Necking lemon vod when your 16 feels like rebellion, not so much when your 22 ( god I sound like my dad)

LoLing at Gary lager, never had to crawl home, that’s…wow

iolo
    Free Member

Last year.
    I got drunk celebrating the end of a college course
    Fell asleep on a Tram that goes past my apartment in Vienna.
    After midnight the trams change line. I ended up about 30k from where I was trying to get to at 2 in the morning.
    Mrs iolo was so happy to get a call at that time to come and pick me up.

allthepies
    Free Member

March this year.

No chucking up etc (don’t do that) but did fall off my bike and cut my top lip.

I was sporting a Hitler styleee tash scab for a few weeks 😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The Summer of 1989, probably June but could have been July.

Tried to pick a fight with two US marines over a girl, got hit by a moped, fell asleep in a kneeling position with my face resting against a tree and got woken up by chickens pecking at my ankles and staring at my own vomit.

Thought it was as good a point as any to bow out.

[edit]
    Never missed drinking either, never really liked the taste and only drank to get drunk. Once I realised that I didn’t want to get drunk anymore I stopped drinking alcohol altogether.

camo16
    Free Member

20 years ago.

I was a total pisshead back then. 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Never?

Really? That can’t be true.

I’ve no idea why everyone keeps saying that. Alcoholic drinks to me taste and smell foul mostly, and if I find one that tastes tolerable and I force it down I get a really nasty headache after a few sips without feeling happy, silly or uninhibited.

So I’ve not got much incentive to drink any more!

baby
    Free Member

emsz – getting old doesn’t mean not getting drunk. It just means doing it on fine wine and G&T’s at posh restaurants.

baby
    Free Member

Oh, and never trust anyone who’s not willing to get drunk with you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

emsz your 22 you have a few more years of it in you surely

For me to get to steaming and falling over would take perhaps as much as 3 whole pints.

Must be about 10 years when i was last that drunk and I probably drink about 10 pints a year if that and cannot recall having more than 2 tbh any time recently.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member

The Summer of 1989, probably June but could have been July.

Tried to pick a fight with two US marines over a girl, got hit by a moped, fell asleep in a kneeling position with my face resting against a tree and got woken up by chickens pecking at my ankles and staring at my own vomit.

Thought it was as good a point as any to bow out.

Lol. I too will bow out if I ever reach this sort of level.

Houns

Friday night on a date….. I know, but we were both chatting away and drinking. We hadn’t noticed how squiffy we both were until we stepped outside. She challenged me to a race to her flat she took the lift, I took the stairs. Needless to say I fell up the 5 flights. She won.

Felt quite sick in the morning. I hate feeling/being sick and can’t do hangovers. I only had 4 pints which normally I’m ok with. I blame the first pint of copper dragon golden pippin, it was flat, no head, it wasn’t right

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

She won.

Did you give her a special prize?

molgrips
    Free Member

Although I’m apparently not a different special snowflake, just so you know 🙂

footflaps

genuine question and honestly not a dig, do you think you enjoyed your wedding more because you were drunk?

I didn’t realise I was until the band finished and we were milling around waiting for Taxis when it became apparent I could no longer walk in a straight line, or climb stairs. Up until then I’d have sworn I was barely tipsy. So can’t really comment. Did enjoy the whole day though, it all went perfectly.

I didn’t enjoy the next morning though, had to leave breakfast twice to stand outside the hotel in the rain for fear of throwing up.

Houns

CFH a gentleman never tells, a cad however would say oh yes

binners

This morning

mattbee

SSUK this year. Several pub stops on way round with Tyler from Surly, then the afternoon/evening at the Square and Compass. Was a very difficult ride back to the campsite!
    Felt awful the next day packing the awning away and had to get my wife to drive home…

emsz
    Free Member

Last time I was mega pissed up I had to do the walk of shame with a banging head, haven’t felt up to it since.

Molly, have you tried other ways? Mdma, stuff like that?

Junky, probably but I’m skint which doesn’t help.

Houns

I was like Molgrips. Couldn’t stand the taste/smell of most booze especially beer and lager. However when I hit 30 my tastes changed, I started drinking and enjoying beer, sadly now have the gunt growing to prove it. Still hate getting drunk and will stop when feel tipsy

willard

Long enough ago that I can’t remember. These days I get tired after a couple of glasses of wine and just want to sit in front of the TV or go to bed. That’s bad news when you are supposed to be out at the pub with mates or at a nice restaurant for a wedding anniversary meal. At least I made it back from both without dozing off.

These days I steer clear of booze. It makes keeping fit and sleeping well a lot easier.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time you were properly drunk?’ is closed to new replies.