Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • when Updating Di2 firmware Via Bluetooth goes baaaad
  • dudeofdoom

Thought I’d try the mobile shimano app and update the firmware (on mt800 xt rear , dn110 and roady 785 bits)and it was all going swimmingly until it wasn’t.

Then it’s the no display no shifting baaah moment.

then an hour Installing/uninstalling etube pc as you need the earlier version of firmware and lots of general farf still no luck.

Then in a moment of clarity I remember I have an under stem junction a dangly on the roady so grab that and swap out mt800 then happy days it wants to update the dn110 (battery)so pull plugs on everything other than that and boop boop de doo it’s happily updated and plugging everyone back and the mt800’s lit up an the the gears a shifting.

So the moral of the story is err don’t do drugs or Bluetooth without precautions.

ampthill

I’m glad you got it sorted

But please save me from ever owning a bike with firmware.

I’ve just realised that must be the main downside to an ebike….

dudeofdoom

Yep i always have a giggle when upgrading firmware in shifters seems so decadently wrong.

alanw2007

<Luddite>I changed my gear cable. It took 5 minutes</Luddite>

dudeofdoom

It was the lure of cheap hydro road shifters that led me astray down this path.

crazybaboon

I’ve the same setup on my cross bike, and had exactly the same problems, took a lot of head scratching until I got it sorted!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘when Updating Di2 firmware Via Bluetooth goes baaaad’ is closed to new replies.