Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • When should I start to bulk buy 26" tyres?
  • mikeep
    Free Member

So, from what I can gather, my recently acquired ibis mojo HD is now obsolete and 26″ wheels no longer rotate properly and will result in my rides being full of misery and despair…..

Should I be buying up lots of 26″ tyres (+tubes) now or should I wait a few years? Not sure about the longevity of rubber before it will perish.

twohats
    Free Member

Considering that there is no market for 650b tires yet as hardly nobody has a 650b bike or worn the tires out so far. Plus the vast majority of the MTB world is rolling on 26″ so I wouldn’t worry about 26″ tire supplies drying up for many years to come…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I suspect your frame will be dead and buried long before 26″ wheels are…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahwiles
    Free Member

FFS.

you can buy 24″ tyres no problem.

you’ll be able to buy 26″ tyres for at least the next 5,000,000,000* years, i promise.

(*after that, the earth will be consumed as the sun runs out of fuel, and expands beyond our orbit. The availability of 26″ tyres after this will depend on our descendants ability to co-operate sufficiently to move off-world, and of course, not become extinct in the mean-time)

kastle
    Free Member

28.2242″ is the future, you’ll see!!!!

ransos
    Free Member

I bought an HG50 7-speed cassette yesterday. I think Shimano went 8-speed in 1994…

plyphon
    Free Member

Disregard all of the above, the end times are coming, and sooner than you think.

Remortgage the house.

Empty your life savings.

Sell your daughters.

Buy 26″ tyres.

warpcow
    Free Member

^^This. Buy up as much as possible. Especially Maxxis Crossmarks, Ardents, High Rollers and Minions. I’ll be happy to take them off your hands, for a nominal sum, in a year’s time when you realise that the arrival of a new wheelsize is not the equivalent of a mega-asteroid/sharknado.

Northwind

26 inch tyre availability isn’t the problem. Weirdly 650b availability is, you still can’t buy any of the best tyres in 650b. No Barons, no Butchers, no dualplies at all. It’s almost like they’ve taken it out of the oven a bit early in their rush to get it onto the table.

So you can either buy a bike but no tyres, or tyres but no bikes 😉

fasthaggis

It’s almost like they’ve taken it out of the oven a bit early in their rush to get it onto the table.

Funny,you would imagine that if someone was planning a new product range ,they would at least check with the key manufacturers ,that will need to go with them on it .

Stranger things and all that 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘When should I start to bulk buy 26" tyres?’ is closed to new replies.