When people push in

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • When people push in
  • Boba Fatt

When you come off a roundabout, and two lanes merge in to one where the left lane *appears* (and I say that in case i’m wrong) to have priority, my opinion is hopefully it’ll work like a zip, but indicate and at least wait for some acknowledgment to pull in.

The amount of people I saw today just push, and by push I mean play a game of chicken with the car on the left and hope they give way, no indication at all and worst of all, no gentleman’s wave or jaunty use of the hazards

nickjb

Two into one, merge like a zip and neither has priority IMO. No one pushing in, just people with their own agenda not letting others merge.

wrightyson

My favourite ever push in moment was a nasty man at the Alton towers hotel. He literally just randomly joined the queue in front of me for the toaster machine. In goes his two slices, I waited… out they popped and I reached round him and placed on them on my plate with “thanks for doing me some toast, did you miss the queue of people?” So un British!

plumber

I’n usually watching movies when people are ‘pushing’ in

Makes the whole thing more bareable

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Everyones in a rush these days.

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

I love it and see it as a bit of a challenge. Im not fussed about a missing bumper on my car. Ive only come close once.

If they indicate its not an issue and i let them in.

I also dont like the folks that block 2 lanes to stop people merging at the merge point. Its just stupid.

Stoner

when you drive a mid 20th century agricultural vehicle with a steel girder bumper (ye oldie land rover) no one “pushes in” unless they want opening up like a tin of sardines.

submarined

Why not just let people in? It makes about 2s total difference to your journey.
    Just because they appear to be being a bit dickish doesn’t mean you have to respond in kind. One day that might be you for some reason.

The pompous road warrior wazzocks that move out at the start of a merge lane and block both lanes are the peak bellends in this particular theatre of motoring

A more relaxed, more human, more forgiving and more considerate attitude to driving makers every journey a lot more bearable imho.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Two into one, merge like a zip and neither has priority IMO

The right lane typically will have an arrow telling traffic to move over, they’re changing lanes from right to left so traffic on the left has priority. Merge like a zip is absolutely right, would work a lot better if folk didn’t generally drive six inches from the car in front.

eemy

My favourite ever push in moment was a nasty man at the Alton towers hotel. He literally just randomly joined the queue in front of me for the toaster machine. In goes his two slices, I waited… out they popped and I reached round him and placed on them on my plate with “thanks for doing me some toast, did you miss the queue of people?” So un British!

Yes, but did you not then need to put the toast in again to do the other side, then again because it was still so pale? Or maybe that is just my experience of the Alton Towers Hotel toast machine.

Stoner

*updates tripadvisor for Alton Towers*

dmck16

Similarly- daily basis here

99% of folk completely ignore the road markings. But when you follow the road as directed and they have to merge, they go ballistic 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘When people push in’ is closed to new replies.