Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • When is one too old for skinny jeans?
  • CountZero

‘ere, elfin, which High Street Retailer did you get your selvedge denims from? Mine were £39.95 from Uniqlo, and they’re excellent, but if there are cheaper around I’m interested. Bugger paying £180 for them, or the insane $280-380 they go for in the States.

cinnamon_girl

I do wish there was Uniqlo around here! My son rates them very highly but he’s in London.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C_G… there was one in Reading, wasn’t there?

cinnamon_girl

Reading? Don’t go there! I thought my ‘nearest’ was Kingston. Will check now!

scaredypants

I iz well unfashionable but I know the answer to this

same as flares, you can only wear them one time around – strides/fashion is what defines the generation gap

scaredy – (not) wearing skinny jeans since about 1985

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahh.. it closed after 18 moonths.

cinnamon_girl

According to my skinny jeans wearing son, Uniqlo is good quality but he thought their products wouldn’t fit me!

avdave2

Not only did I used to wear skin tight jeans all the time I used to ride all over the Downs on my ten speed Coventry Eagle in the height of summer while wearing them and a shirt buttoned to the collar and suede Chelsea boots.

At 45 I could still get into them I reckon but fortunately for the rest of the off road community I have no intention of trying.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

‘ere, elfin, which High Street Retailer did you get your selvedge denims from?

Uniqlo! 🙂

Was in their bit in Selfridges. Might’ve bin in a sale I’m not sure. I’d looked at countless jeans of all brands and prices, then found the Uniqlo ones which were every bit as good as anything else I’d seen, and better than quite a lot of much more spensive stuff.

I do wish there was Uniqlo around here! My son rates them very highly but he’s in London.

Ha ha! Where you live is rubbish.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is not a mid-life crisis. 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

why not buy uniqlo stuff on line?

cinnamon_girl

darcy – there is nothing wrong with a mid-life crisis! I’m still having mine – it’s fun. 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m just starting mine…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Only people with absolutely no sense of style buy before they try. Gotta make sure it fits propply before you part with the dosh, innit?

I try stuff on in bike shops then buy online though. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

As long as it’s tight Elfin, I know I’ll look good 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

God this Sylvester Stallone film is crap. Like, really really bad. 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

Only people with absolutely no sense of style who are self-assured and confident buy before they try

philconsequence
    Free Member

i think it important for the future of all mankind that we see some photos soon. I’m qualified to say such things for i am master of all things stylish.

tazzymtb

As long as it’s a tight Elfin, I know I’ll look good

TSY in his finest elfin

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

HAHAhahahahaha, ain’t anywhere near tight enough for my liking though!

philconsequence
    Free Member

Darcy… don’t make me raise my pimp hand now!

show us your girltrousers 😆

EDIT – here you go yeti!

tazzymtb

dear lord that “lady region” is like a welders vice it could clamp 3/4″ sheet steel 😯

tazzymtb

skinny jeans just don’t look right unless you have the correct footwear

aP
    Free Member

Elf only got them cos I told him about them about 3 weeks ago. Although the windproof jeans do rock.
    Is 43 to old for these skinny jeans? 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Only people who are self-assured and confident buy before they try

Now you need to provide photographic proof of your self-assured confidence…

aP
    Free Member

Oh no. That photo’s coming out again isn’t it?
    Ps I like Erno. He had that Bond villain named after him. Innit?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m on pint no. 6!!

Definitely buying the skinny jeans tomorrow! 40th birthday in that London tomorrow. They’ll get an outing.

😀

cinnamon_girl

Woo hoo! Go for it! Tight t-shirt too, oh yes. Some cool Vans too.

Happy 40th and have a terrific weekend. 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not my 40th!! 😯

samuri
    Free Member

dear lord that “lady region” is like a welders vice it could clamp 3/4″ sheet steel

uhuh. She can clamp my steel any time she likes.

CountZero

Only people with absolutely no sense of style buy before they try. Gotta make sure it fits propply before you part with the dosh, innit?
    I try stuff on in bike shops then buy online though.

Damn right! I usually wear 32/34 jeans, and I tried a pair of 32/32 Japan denims on in Uniqlo when I was up in London Village a couple of weeks ago, just to be on the safe side, like. Could barely pull the things up, let alone do them up. Length was ok. A week later their special offer email had some sized 34/34, so I thought I’d give ’em a try. Perfect fit. If I’d bought my usual size I’d have had to phaff around sending them back, doing like elfin does means I know what size to go for next time they have an offer with that size available. Fantastic jeans, I can’t believe how good they are for the money, and their flannel shirts are just wonderful, really soft and comfy to wear.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Gotta try stuff on, speshly trousers and shoes. Gotta get the fit right; sod messing about sending stuff back. S’ok if you know which size you need, but if not, not worth the hassle of getting it wrong.

aP din’t tell me about those Uniqlo jeans; he’s lying. I discovered them for myself.

duntmatter
    Free Member

I’ve seen some right fat biffers in skinny jeans walking round that Lundun. They don’t understand they look like walking sacks of spuds, bless their little hearts.

Straight leg FTW. I remember when you bought your Joe Bloggs jeans according to the width of the leg. Yeah, lemme try on some 18″ bottoms. Straightleg. Bootcut makes you look like Richard Hammond.

The span of my hand happily coincides with what will fit round my calves. It’s the first thing I check.

cinnamon_girl

Apologies darcy. 😳 You of course look far too young to be 40 anyway. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is DD under forty? 😯

Well I never would’ve guessed.

My doctor thinks I’m the ‘perfect’ weight. 8)

She is in fact correct. She’s a clever woman.

Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘When is one too old for skinny jeans?’ is closed to new replies.