Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)
  • When is one too old for skinny jeans?
  • gonefishin
    Free Member

About three years younger than you were when you first thought to ask the question.

iDave
    Free Member

30 inch waist? is that not against forum rules? I thought you were supposed to be a biffer to post here?

if you’re skinny you should wear suchlike jeans. the naysayers probably have 30 inch front waist and 30 inch back waist

Woody
    Free Member

Not necessarily age dependant – some can carry them off……………
    some can’t………………..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iDave
    Free Member

I should add that having big feet makes skinny jeans an unusual choice…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆 at Woody’s pic. Remarkably brave of you there fella. 😉

iDave has the right idea 😀

I think that if they’re judged a FAIL, they will work quite well as “inside-wellies” jeans for dog walking duties.

poppa
    Free Member

Skinny jeans + big cyclist legs = not a good look

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It is the combination of cankles and age that I fear I may not overcome.

iDave
    Free Member

as long as you don’t have thankles…

ourkidsam
    Free Member

This dude is actually quite cool

though is probably still mid-twenties. FWIW I’m not-yet-30 and still rocking the skinnies. I do have skinny legs though

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Darcy, I think your measurements stack up… post a picture up and I’ll be able to advise you properly.

I would look a state in skinny jeans, just ain’t built for them.

TSWan

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That’s anti-cool chic, that is.

ton

DD, post a picture of yourself in your skinny jeans, and i will sqeeze myself into my son’s and post that up………….we will see who looks the best.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

… i will sqeeze myself into my son’s…

I just did a little sickie in my throat.

chiefgrooveguru

Skinny jeans and cyclist thighs aren’t a natural sartorial match. Do you remember the lumberjack shirt fashion a few years back (no, not the ’90s one)? I tried a few of those shirts and just looked like a man who was off out to cut down trees (and press wild flowers)…

donsimon
    Free Member

I think you should get some and define your own individuality rather than following the crowds. Are you a leader or a follower?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Neither a leader or a follower be.

There are those who lend and those who borrow.

Two sayings for you Simone.

donsimon
    Free Member

Gracias.

ahwiles
    Free Member

fwiw, i’m currently sporting a very comfy and practical pair of brown cords.

hmm, corduroy…

McHamish
    Free Member

As a frequent user of the London underground…I often see London fashionistas dressed like clowns – skinny jeans, wierd hair, pointy white fabric shoes, cardigan from the 70’s…usually with some stunning woman hooked on their arm.

If I’m not in a suit I look like a 34 year old skateboarder in jeans, t-shirt and hoody.

If I dressed like I rummaged through the bargain bucket in a charity shop that stunning woman would be fighting my wife for my attention.

philconsequence
    Free Member

wear something manly…

miketually
    Free Member

If I’m not in a suit I look like a 34 year old skateboarder in jeans, t-shirt and hoody.

Sounds like how I dress too.

tomaso
    Free Member

Age is a factor but it is a size issue really. Skinny legs are only part of it. Having a man’s arse one can no longer look cool in skinny denim.

When I was a scrawny skateboarder in my teens I could barely get jeans to stay up such was my lack of butt.

So if you still have a “boy’s” arse in your 30s or 40s then go for it. But as a general rule most don’t. I don’t…

RealMan
    Free Member

30 inch waist? is that not against forum rules? I thought you were supposed to be a biffer to post here?

28 or 29 inch waist here. Got my first pair of skinny jeans the other week, I really like them. Only £15 as well. Now I just need long hair a silly hat and some sort of piercing.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Skinny jeans on anyone look so wrong.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

RealMan – living up to your moniker as always, eh?

RealMan
    Free Member

Of course, wouldn’t want to disappoint.

😉

DrJ

Are you also planning to wear very big glasses and a low-neck T shirt ?

brakes
    Free Member

you’re just one step away from the bumfluff-shitbeard and ironic combover look

RealMan
    Free Member

Are you also planning to wear very big glasses and a low-neck T shirt ?

?

huws
    Free Member

You’re never too old, I’m 35 and I’ve got some jeans so skinny I can hardly bend my knees. Live the shoreditch dream.

tazzymtb

skin tight jeans, big flippin boots and major metal work and tats and I’m mid 30’s. Why live your life dictated by the perceptions of strangers? Wear what you want everyone who has a problem with it can Foxtrot Oscar 😀

cinnamon_girl

I’ve got giggleitis. 😆

Brilliant thread, really enjoying it so please don’t stop.

But what on earth is Fisher Price hair? ❓

CountZero

Everyone on here dresses in supermarket denim. A meeting of the STW forum would look like an episode Top Gear.

Currently wearing a pair of Japanese selvedge denim jeans. And I’m not a label whore, although I usually wear Howies, or Oakley, neither of which has particularly obvious labeling. The ones I’m wearing don’t have a visible label anywhere, which I really like. Next time the retailer has my size on sale, I’ll get a couple more pairs, they fit really well. And they ain’t skinny, closer to classic 501’s. Skinny jeans look wrong on anyone older than 23.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh! I got a pair of selvedge jeans from a High Street Retailer recently; cost me £29.99. 😀

There’s tons of really good quality ‘unbranded’ stuff about, if you know where to look.

Or you can pay two, three or more times as much for the same thing with a label sewn onto it. Up to you. Don’t ask the rest of us to approve though. Spending lots of money doesn’t mean you’re not an idiot.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Excuse my absence, I went shopping…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh! Whaddya buy then? Goon, show us! 😀

(Falls over backwards with excitement)

kimbers

jees my thighs barely fit into relaxed fit jeans let alone regular as for skinny

i think it was my 12 mile paperround on a bmx in my youth

tazzymtb

stretch fit jeans are the truth for the proper “so tight you can tell what religion someone is” goth look 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I tried on a few pairs in G-Star – currently have two pairs on hold pending “sleeping on it”…

One is “slim” fit and the others were “skinny”.

I have a pair of boots which I can wear them inside…either pair would go inside the boots quite well. I think I’ll go with the skinny. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

And when do we get to see the photos?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘When is one too old for skinny jeans?’ is closed to new replies.