Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • When I’m a Dictator, I’m doing it this way:
  • Stoner
    Free Member

The Libyan leader was accompanied by his all-female, 40-strong bodyguard squad, its members dressed in khaki uniforms and red berets. And the schedule for his controversial first visit to Italy included, at his own request, a meeting tomorrow with large numbers of Italian women. Very large numbers.

The plan was for “only” 700. But officials said yesterday that such was the colonel’s drawing power the event had had to be moved to a concert hall with a capacity for 1,000.

The photograph Gaddafi wore to several of the ceremonies on the opening day of his visit … showed the Libyan resistance leader, Omar Mukhtar, the “Lion of the Desert”, on the day before he was hanged by ­Italian colonialists in 1931.

That kind of flair just doesnt come democratically 🙂

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/10/gaddafi-visit-italy-berlusconi

trailmonkey

That’s not Gaddafi, that’s Maradonna.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Seeing those pictures of Gaddafi makes me think I’m looking at stills from a Mel Brooks film

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice one! 😆

There’s nobody to touch dictators when it comes to this level of flamboyance. In one of his books a few years back, A Mad World: My Masters (or something along those lines), John Simpson wrote excellently about this kind of egotism that dictators have in abundance. IIRC, there was a chapter or part of, about a meeting he had with Gaddafi in a big old tent in the desert. It was bizarre. I’ll have to go back and dig it out now you’ve reminded me.

nickc

What’s the photo on Gaddafi’s chest all about?

You can’t beat Dictators for theatrical Military Uniforms though, that’s straight of the catwalk of “Jackboot Expo 09”

Stoner
    Free Member

nick > “The photograph Gaddafi wore to several of the ceremonies on the opening day of his visit … showed the Libyan resistance leader, Omar Mukhtar, the “Lion of the Desert”, on the day before he was hanged by ­Italian colonialists in 1931.”

Stoner
    Free Member

DD, that reminds me of a book launch/lecture I went to a last year given by David Owen:

For many politicians, power seems to go to their head, and becomes a heady drug affecting every action they take. The Greeks called it hubris, where the hero wins glory, acclaim and success – but it is often followed by nemesis

nickc

Way to go on upsetting your hosts….That sets a whole new standard. No wonder Burlesconi looks like he’s just tread in a turd

trailmonkey

You can’t beat Dictators for theatrical Military Uniforms though

Oh, I don’t know.

RustySpanner

When I am elevated to my rightful position as global overlord I shall introduce:

Compulsory DNA testing for dogs. Find a dog egg, test for ID, make the dog owner eat said egg, in public.

Introduce the death penalty for:
    1. People who put their feet on train seats.
    2. Dom Joly.
    3. Anyone who gives away the plot to a TV programme/film/book you haven’t seen or read.
    4. People who talk at the cinema/in a quiet gig.
    5. Range Rover Sport owners.
    6. Beautiful women who ruin themselves with unnecessary plastic surgery.
    7. Joey Barton.
    8. People who refuse to read instruction manuals, then spend the rest of their lives asking how something works.
    9. Non disabled people who park in disabled parking spaces.
    10. Bicycle thieves.

Vote Spanner. For a brighter tomorrow.

Stoner
    Free Member

thai style?

grahamh
    Free Member

How come after all these years in power, he is still a Colonel?
    You would have thought he would have made himself a General or
    Field Marshal..

jon1973
    Free Member

What’s wrong with Dom Joly?

Stoner
    Free Member

Im surprised he got past Sergeant Major – I always thought he was an NCO? 🙂

RustySpanner

Oh, I forgot:

11. Anyone who questions my decisions.

Joly dies. One mildly amusing idea, streched beyond belief.
    His column in the Independent on Sunday makes me want to commit mass murder.
    Almost redeemed by his Cooper Brown fake persona, but on balance, I’d be doing the world a favour.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I particularly like it when they start awarding themselves other countries gallantry medals:

Pigface
    Free Member

How many medals and what did he win them for? Like Mutley saveing Dastardley in Vulture squadron.

DrJ

One one side an aging crook, with a reputation for appointing women in an inappropriate way. On the other side, Gaddafi.

Harry_the_Spider

That all seems reasonable General Spanners.

What are your views on cat owners who allow their pets to crap on my lawn?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Well I can spot a VC for starters!

jon1973
    Free Member

Oh, I forgot:

11. Anyone who questions my decisions.
    Joly dies.

Your policies are harsh but fair.

Moses

One could ask the same of our royal family………

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    That all seems reasonable General Spanners.
    What are you views on cat owners who allow their pets to crap on my lawn?

I have an answer, Roger is a verb not a noun and for that precise reason!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Back to the colonel…I love it when he goes native – but spices it up with metallics à la:

And here are some of those female guards…right, that’s it, I’m off back to Ireland. It’s in a bit of a state at the moment. pretty ripe for a dictatorship methinks…

Or how about a new TV show: Qaddafi Eye for the Straight Guy

rogerthecat
    Free Member

DD nor so sure about the bodyguard tho!!

RustySpanner

Even General Spanner, First Overlord Of The Universe, can’t tell a cat where to crap.

A man has to know his limitations Harry.

Stoner
    Free Member

rogerthecat – I gather that’s actually a “Victorious Cross” designed to look like a VC 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Grrr! Ya ****’ eejit…this will be my guard. Instead of tights, they’ll be wearing hold-ups though. Anyone who looks at them funny like will be shot!

grumm
    Free Member

Are you talking about Gaddafi or Berlusconi?

chakaping
    Free Member

Rusty – Who let you into my head, and why couldn’t I vote for you last week!

Just please add people who keep their engines running at level crossings to the death list and I’ll happily hold up a picture of you for the TV cameras.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think Berlusconi is looking enviously at Gaddafi in that picture, btw.

RustySpanner

Chakaping, consider it done.

Your new Global anthem, by the way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRTnqzwFwWg%5D

Get practising, you’ll be singing it every morning.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘When I’m a Dictator, I’m doing it this way:’ is closed to new replies.