Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • When Guy met Danny.
  • skywalker
    Free Member

D’ya like dags?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Danny turned up at our Bmx track a couple of months ago, Lovely Lad.

Coyote
    Free Member

LOL @ resident STW super-buff hyper-athletes questioning the fitness of current downhill World Champ? Mercy!

neninja
    Free Member

I suspect Guy would get a shock if he did do a timed Dalby lap against Danny. The lad has grown up on a bike.

I laughed at Danny’s eye rolls at a few of Guys comments.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Good grief, yet another Danny Hart STW thread on here which descends into putting the guy down. (that sentence ended up with puns that were not intended at all!).

I am a fairly good xc rider/racer, good enough to win the odd race here and there and place well in endurance races, not amazing but easily above average (especially if there is distance involved)BUT I would not be at all surprised if Danny Hart could not beat me round a xc loop.

He may not be thin in the face but think that has far more to do with his “normal” look than having eaten too much or not being fit enough. And yes he doesn’t look thin but but then he’s wearing very baggy clothes.

I am sure/know there are fitter, more developed riders on the world cup circuit and Danny’s big advantage is amazing skills but those skills would not be enough to be near the top at world level. I remember Richard Thackray who rode xc and DH for pace in the 1990/early 2000’s switching back to only xc racing after a year or two of only racing DH as he said it was almost easier fitness wise! To race at world level you have to be fit, much fitter than 99% of STW forum users.

I think what stood out in that video was how amazingly comfortable Danny is on a bike, not to knock Guy Martin’s skills but he looked much more like me on a bike, riding a bike. Where as for Danny the bike just seems like an extension of him, the bike goes were he wants not where it or the terrain wants it to go.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I think what stood out in that video was how amazingly comfortable Danny is on a bike, not to knock Guy Martin’s skills but he looked much more like me on a bike, riding a bike. Where as for Danny the bike just seems like an extension of him, the bike goes were he wants not where it or the terrain wants it to go.

Hardly a big surprise since one rides a push bike for a living and a motorbike for fun, the other rides a motorbike for a living and a push bike for fun. No doubt Guy would look more relaxed going round the TT course at 125mph average than Danny Hart.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

LOL @ resident STW super-buff hyper-athletes questioning the fitness of current downhill World Champ? Mercy!

Tis the internet. Plenty of these forum whores have rainbow keyboards.

neninja
    Free Member

Hardly a big surprise since one rides a push bike for a living and a motorbike for fun, the other rides a motorbike for a living and a push bike for fun. No doubt Guy would look more relaxed going round the TT course at 125mph average than Danny Hart.

The difference is Guy bet Danny he’d be quicker on a pedal cycle round Dalby, so opened himself up for such comparison. I hope Danny takes him up on it – I’m sure Giant could arrange for a carbon Anthem to be available.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

stevewhyte – Member

POSTED 15 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Good grief!?!?! I wasn’t suggesting that it was a surprise that Danny Hart was better on a DH bike than Guy, that was obvious before you pressed play, it would have been a real shock if it wasn’t the case! It was just good seeing the contrast between a good normal rider and a world class rider…albeit one that you seem to think is unfit! 😉

stanfree
    Free Member

Tis the internet. Plenty of these forum whores have rainbow keyboards.

😆 😀

Anyone doubting Hart’s abilities just look at his win at Fort William last weekend with a snapped chain against a good field .
    You think Suzuki would give Guy a decent van though. 😆

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Also just make it clear I am not saying Guy Martin is not fit either and maybe would stand a chance of beating Danny round a xc loop, both are world class athletes, therefore have to be fit to compete at the level that they do. And yes their fitness is fairly specific to a point, so a chance that a good non pro could beat them both around an xc loop but that’s not to say that one is fitter than the other. Fitness is more than being skinny and riding fast uphill.

What I am seriously doubting is that Danny Hart is unfit!

tarquin
    Free Member

From the videos Guy seems a very likeable down to earth chap.

What would irritate me is him repeating himself constantly.

Dancake
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been posted before but there is a nice vid, including some archive footage

warning: Contains a Mullet haircut and Pressure washing an inverted bike

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/510-Danny-Hart-Hart-and-soul-Part-1-video-2012.html

wallop

Young boys don’t have any stamina. Guy would lick him *swoon*…..

simonm
    Free Member

Poor Danny, probably needs to let his riding do the talking for a few years. Fun video though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Where as for Danny the bike just seems like an extension of him, the bike goes were he wants not where it or the terrain wants it to go.

Try telling that to the track at SA. I don’t think he wanted the bike to fall on the floor half way down a run.

Sam

He’d look fitter in a skinsuit…

alex222
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure he isn’t looking fat once he gets into his riding kit.

butcher

I kinda like the fact that Danny isn’t some kind of superhero figure that his sponsor’s marketing departments would so wish him to be, and that he’s very much a regular guy from a sh!thole of a place, with the talent of ten men. You can’t really take that away from him.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I dont think anybody is saying he not on of the best, just looks a bit podgy for a World Champ, thats all.

Other than Darts and Sumo wrestling, these days most world champs look pretty fit.

Milkie
    Free Member

Liked that video, chalk and cheese springs to mind! Boy can Guy talk, and boy can both ride!

ahwiles
    Free Member

simonm – Member

Poor Danny, probably needs to let his riding do the talking for a few years. Fun video though.

he’s a funny lad ‘in real life’, verging on ‘gobby’ when there’s no-one recording him.

i’ve bumped into him a few times at various races, and he’s always had some ‘advice’ for me regarding my bike or riding style (he’s right though, and i deserve it).

it’s almost as if he thinks ‘i’m on TV, don’t say F*** or B*gg*r’ to himself on a constant loop when he knows a camera is around.

simonm
    Free Member

ahh right, he does just come across as neverous and a bit green.. it would do to anyone suddenly having to be filmed etc, there is a skill to it. great rider.

franksinatra

That is all.

rickmeister

No one said “Powerd by Mercedes Vito” yet either !

Spent ages at Fort William last year talking to Danny’s sister, she was schweeeeet.

godzilla
    Free Member

That Hart & soul vid nearly made me cry.
    Bigup the lad but WTF where his folks thinking letting him rock that mullet.

dabble
    Free Member

ace video, two wholly likeable characters.

franksinatra- flamin’ knowz it!

DezB
    Free Member

butcher – Member
    I kinda like the fact that Danny isn’t some kind of superhero figure that his sponsor’s marketing departments would so wish him to be, and that he’s very much a regular guy from a sh!thole of a place, with the talent of ten men. You can’t really take that away from him.

Word. As the yoot (probably used to) say.

reedspeed
    Free Member

You think Suzuki would give Guy a decent van though.

Suzuki only make Sooty vans….

Having said that Danny mite be able to ride a bike,buy i doubt NASA will giving him a ring listening to him,Guy on the other hand….. 💡

alpin
    Free Member

😯 at this thread.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘When Guy met Danny.’ is closed to new replies.