When folk leave here where do they go?

Home Forum Chat Forum When folk leave here where do they go?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • When folk leave here where do they go?
  • Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

TJ and glupton fill up my facebook feed with epic 300 post arguments

Don’t forget molgrips, GW and druidh – though I like to think I also helped out with TJ’s epic one. Was really quite funny as we were all consenting adults and knew exactly what we were doing so all pretending to get wound up whilst having a giggle. Whilst I think TJ should be allowed back here it’s not going to happen (and I know for a fact he won’t be setting up a new ID to come back), I actually get on a lot better with him on FB than I did before when the arguments on here did sometimes get a bit serious.

Fred mind you is a completely different matter <waves – I know you’ll be reading this>

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Fred, I met him once on a Swinley ride I think. He was riding a nice little Rock Lobster. Nice guy and surprisingly exactly what I’d have expected!

Premier Icon st colin
    Subscriber

I come and go on the forum really. Would have gone a couple of months without having a read or posting. The threads move fast. Recently I have been on more one thread in particular has been a personal help.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Surely Jamie’s a good one to answer this. He saw the bright light at the end of the tunnel…then returned…

cruzcampo

ton – Member
    problem now, is every post turns into a argument. not a lighthearted pisstaking like it used to, but a proper argument.

it is no longer fun.

Give me a forum that isnt like this though! Every forum has it to lesser or greater degrees.

IMHO STW is a beacon in the dark with a refreshing mix of diverse topics, hilarity, genuine help and fast moving topics, you only need to check out some of the other biking forums of which the flaming/trolling/butthurt goes to another level in comparison! 😆

Premier Icon Woody
    Subscriber

I guess it’s a bit like bike mags. After a couple of years of reading them it’s just the same old stuff. This place is a lot more varied though so probably takes a lot longer.

Nail on head.

Like a lot of people who’ve been on here a very long time, I tend to be far more selective on what threads I open and post even less as time goes on.

Is a natural maturing process involving the site and long time users.

Still a great site though and remains my first port of call when browsing.

randomjeremy

I kind of miss that fake scottish chap and the bloke with the fastest diesel estate in the world.

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Like a lot of people who’ve been on here a very long time, I tend to be far more selective on what threads I open and post even less as time goes on.

Probably true. Been at a bit of a loose end this week so I think I’ve been dipping into threads I usually wouldn’t bother with.

Still a great site though and remains my first port of call when browsing.

Here here!

Junkyard

I kind of miss that fake scottish chap and the bloke with the fastest diesel estate in the world

I miss the time when your posts were funny – what day was that again 😉

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

woody wrote:

This is a real shame. The folk who’ve been around for a while tend to have built up quite a bit of knowledge and I always saw forums as a way of exchanging knowledge – hence users are often called “contributors”.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

I miss the time when your posts were funny

I miss your posts being impossible to read due to dodgy spelling and grammar 😉

randomjeremy

I miss the time when your posts were funny – what day was that again

Mañana amigo, mañana.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘When folk leave here where do they go?’ is closed to new replies.