Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • When does Ibiza season end/anyone been late Sept?
  • hora
    Free Member

Thinking of a closeish beach holiday but not if its fairly cold- still warm at the end of Sept in Ibiza?

althepal

Oh aye. Not roasting but still warm- we had a few days down at the beach and everyone needed cream on.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Depending on when you go – don’t expect everything to be open.
    Most of the bars, clubs, hotels, etc literally clean up and lock the doors at the end of summer.

mogrim

No weather guarantee, either – it could be raining. I’d be looking at the Canaries instead.

binners

Thinking of a closeish beach holiday

Ahem….

hora
    Free Member

I could book in at La Ponderosa binners. Its got two Jackut’si’s

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVdPeqdvRGI[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

I lived out there for 7 years. End sept still hot in day but gets much cooler at night. Bars open til mid October. Major clubs have closing parties mid to late September. This is arguably the best time to go. Clubs like Pacha also cater for the Spanish and stay open all year albeit at weekends. Ibiza town stays livelier long after San An shuts up. Some pubs like The Ship in San An stay open all year.

Contrary to popular belief, some parts of San An are fine, just Avoid the West End, but even that is ok come late September when most of the idiots have gone home. I used to enjoy the west end in may-early June before all the 18-30 crowd arrives.

Gary_M
    Free Member

We’ve gone to Ibiza for the past two years mid October and its been warm enough to sit on the beach/go in the sea most days if that’s your thing. Certainly warm enough for shorts and t-shirt. A bit cooler in the evenings but not cold by any means.

Its a lovely island, hire a car and explore it. Give San Antonio a miss, its a shit hole. We stayed in the north east of the island both years.

poolman
    Free Member

This is the last week of Spanish summer but you should be fine late sep, the nights are drawing in but the sea temp lags the air temp so you should be swimming quite comfortably.

I would stay in Sta Eulalia on the east coast, get some bikes & follow the well signposted biking routes. Maps & routes are free in the tourist offices.

Hope it helps.

stumpy01

We went a few yrs ago to Cala Longa, which is a very quiet resort in a nice bay. It would have been early-mid Sept but can’t remember exactly when.

There were a few people at the hotel who would sleep most of the day by the pool, get ready early evening and then head off for a night out and crawl back around breakfast time the next day.
    We did a Sunset Cruise trip one evening from Ibiza Town and it all seemed to be in full swing although there were lots of posters up for end-of-season parties and final nights.

In terms of weather, I think we had one rainy day in two weeks but for the rest of the time it was factor 20 and sit by the pool in shorts.
    It cooled down in the eveings, but was still short sleeves and shorts weather.

wallop

Good thread! Thinking of going Saturday 21st.

We are after somewhere quiet but with a nice selection of restaurants. Does Portinatx fit this description? Or should we head elsewhere?

I spent a week on a yacht in Formentera a few years ago – glorious!

Ibiza is underrated IMO.

hora
    Free Member

Ibiza is underrated IMO.

Massively so. We found a couple of alcove/deserted beautiful beaches there on our moped (had to ride it off road for a while).

I think we stayed around the bay from Cala Llonga once- where we stayed was full of young German’s with pierced nipples 😯

Ibiza town is 8)

Never ever stayed outside of May/June/July though. I was thinking of going circa 27th Sept.

Edit- I’ve just rememebered I got up on stage and sang Delila/Tom jones to Karaoke in Cala Llongi and the lager louts in there whipped off their tshirts and threw them at me 😮

Had a week in Portinatx in July – lovely place and would go again. El Greco is 3 star, but a good 3 star – even if some of the entertainment is a bit suspect, but we weren’t there for that. Beach is lovely on a little bay and plenty shallow for snorkelling. It’s small and there are a few restaurants, but we only tried a couple, as we were AI

Gary_M
    Free Member

We stayed in portinax last October. Nice place, would definately go back.

wallop

Booked! Hurrah.

wors

Another vote for portinatx, we went in June, lovely.

Some pubs like The Ship in San An stay open all year.

Omg, I went to San an when I was 18 and went in there before every night out!! 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

Get yourself over to Cala Jondal for a day when you get there.

Where you going/staying wallop – did you go for Portinatx?

wallop

Yep, off to Portinatx. In one of the smaller hotels. Bargainous car hire too so we can explore a bit if we fancy.

BoardinBob

Did late September last year and stayed at Pikes up in the hills. Without exception the best hotel I’ve ever stayed at. We went to Playa D’En Bossa for Space which was OK. Bora Bora beach on the Saturday afternoon was the rapiest place I’ve ever been to. Massive roided up guys leering over women. Luckily the hotel was awesome and we hung out there for 90% of the time

shredder
    Free Member

Worked there fora while 😀
    Climb up the hill to the old fort and watch the sun set over Es Vedra magic !

iamroughrider
    Free Member

lovely.

hora
    Free Member

Airport pickup hirecar wallop?

wallop

Yep – Argus I think (husband booked it). Only about a fiver more than the operator transfer.

hora
    Free Member

Double-check but I used one (local though I think) hire company through an Ibiza tourism site. When I asked about the return they said it was simply a keydrop through a letter box/desk. This worried me so I cancelled my card as soon as I left the desk (thankfully nothing happened!). The car was a 2kmiles Fiat Panda that was beaten to death/literally looked like it’d been rolled!.

wallop

I think we had a similar experience in Lanzarote a few years ago!

I’ve used Argus before so it should be all gravy.

So have you booked your holiday?

hora
    Free Member

Doing it all tomorrow aft 8)

Climb up the hill to the old fort and watch the sun set over Es Vedra magic !

Not the best pic – taken on a compact

Sunset pano by davetheblade, on Flickr

Hohum
    Free Member

My wife and I went to Portinatx about 15 years ago, before the weans came along, and really liked it there.

We often think about going back there with the children. Maybe we will go there next summer.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘When does Ibiza season end/anyone been late Sept?’ is closed to new replies.