Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • When do your arms stop growing in length?
  • Hohum
    Free Member

I am 47 and 6 foot 3 inches tall and my son has recently turned 15 and is 6 foot 2 inches tall.

I am resigned to the fact that he will be taller than me at some point in the not too distant future. However, his rate of growth has slowly considerably over the last year or two.

We were using the ab roller last night at the gym and he noted that I seemed to roll out a lot longer than he did. I suggested that we compare arm spans, this is something that we haven’t done before, and my arm span was about 6 or 7 inches wider than his, which was surprising given how close we are in height.

Does anyone know if his arms are going to carry on growing and will he catch me up in terms of arm span?

701arvn
    Free Member

How do your arms and shoulders compare? I think the proportion should remain fixed, but interested as to whether the difference is in the arms or the chest/shoulders.

Dickyboy

I read somewhere many moons ago that extremities grow first ie hands, feet etc don’t know if arms are included 🤔

Do you know what you & your son’s ape index is, normal is zero (height = span), that might give you a clue where he’ll end up…. or not?

Squidlord
    Free Member

It’s a pity they do stop growing, as I’ve always wanted to be able to make tea & toast without getting out of bed.

angeldust
    Free Member

not until you stop reaching for the stars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘When do your arms stop growing in length?’ is closed to new replies.