Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • When do you finish for Christmas??
  • MoreCashThanDash

Term time contract – finished last Friday, couple of days leave to cover inset days means I go back 4th January.

Pleasant morning catching up with relatives, pleasant afternoon pootling round the blue at Hicks Lodge while LittleMissMC tested the cheap GoProalike that her uncle got her for her birthday on Tuesday.

Apparently I’m meant to be organising some sort of feast and gift giving celebration at the weekend while I’m off, but **** that, it was a beautiful sunny day and the kids wanted to go riding!

miketually
    Free Member

Last Friday 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I finished Nov 4th, due to go back Jan 9th..

Been ace 😀

chipster

Continental shifts. 🙄
    I’ve got tomorrow and Saturday dayshifts (6-6), next Wednesday and Thursday nights (6-6), back in on 12hr days on the 2nd.
    It could’ve been worse. 😕

stumpyjon

Supposed to be tomorrow lunch but came home early today feeling rubbish. Don’t think I’ll bother going in tomorrow just to send everyone home early, they’re quite capable of doing that without me.

Bregante

fruitbat – Member
    Finished today – as in retired

Been working 2 days per week since June but the full retirement is definitely the way to go.

Mrs Fruitbat also retired yesterday

Awesome. Congratulations to both of you.

PrinceJohn

About 1hr & 10 minutes ago!

hairyscary

2.30am tonight and I’ve volunteered to go in on Boxing day if necessary.

tinybits
    Free Member

Just got to the pub – so now.

Yes I am posting this from the pub – I’m locked out my brother I laws house for an hour so passing the time over a pint…

Oh and fruitbat – you win!

CountZero

I was looking at having just the bank holiday days off, but the powers that be seem to have changed their minds and stood down all agency teams from tomorrow until Jan 3.
    While I don’t get holiday pay until legislation changes next March, I’m looking forward to having and extended period off, first since last Christmas.
    😀

irc

Finish 9pm Xmas eve. Back 6:30am 1st Jan. An improvement on the last few years where I worked on Xmas day and between Xmas and New Year.

Congrats Fruitbat.Enjoy your retiral.

shooterman

Around lunch time on 24th

gibby

Working 19.00 to 0700 Christmas Night but then off until 10 Jan.

oldnpastit

In about 2 minutes time.

fruitbat

Oh and fruitbat – you win!

Yay – more time to enjoy our retirement presents:

MrOvershoot

Finished last Friday 16th back on the 3rd January only because I had shed loads of holiday to use up due to a shite summer with staff off sick/sacked

Flaperon

9.30pm on Christmas Day. Scrooge hat and humbugs already in bag.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Finished at noon today,back in for a 4hr shift on the 30th then off for another 4.

seadog101

Right through until 29th, fly off the ship and then home from Guyana, arrive afternoon of the 30th, as long as all the connections work. 😮

richardkennerley

I’ll finish when I get all the necessary work done on Xmas day, hopefully no more than 5 hours starting at 8am, then cover the rest of the day until 8am boxing day on call. Back in on 28th.

Next year the only day I get off is Xmas day, but I’m hoping to get the whole two weeks off the year after (2018.) Daughter will be 2 and a half then so she should be well excited by it all.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Finish about 4:15pm Friday 23rd unless they send us home early; back on Thursday 29th. Contractor. No work = no pay

smiththemainman
    Free Member

richard happy trade off that 2018 will be making memories , sorry john always love the contractors annology of no work is no pay when they are normally working alongside a core worker who gets holidays but is only on half their hourly pay in the field i am in!!

siwhite
    Free Member

I finish at 0700hrs on Christmas Eve. I’m working a night shift now (22nd-23rd) and another tomorrow night. I’ll head home for a few hours kip, then jump on the bike and ride across to my parent’s house (about 24 miles) which should blow the cobwebs away.

Not back in work until early shifts starting on NYE.

theboatman
    Free Member

5pm today (Fri), although I’m still finishing Thursdays late shift which has over run a bit. Back in Xmas day at 5pm. It is, what it is, but have a lovely Christmas all 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

**** work! till the 4th! 🙂

olly2097
    Free Member

So only me and flaperon working Xmas day?

0730-2000

I’ve got boxing day off

Working new years eve and day as well.

Thank you nursing. :-/

trail_rat
    Free Member

October 28th

onehundredthidiot

Was meant to be 1545 yesterday but a kid split his head open an I was first aid cover so got home 1900. Not back until 9th Jan. Mrs has the weekend off which means she’ll be in on Monday investigating the Christmas beatings and rapes.

TomB

Sadly on 12 hour days Sat and Sun, so leaving family with the in laws and heading home on my lonesome later today. Got Boxing Day off before nightshift though, so should be able to get out in the fells.

soobalias
    Free Member

1300 today, back on the 3rd

giant_scum
    Free Member

I don’t really, I’m the on-call engineer this weekend! Christmas drinking starts on Boxing Day and back to work on the 28th Dec for 3 days.
    This is the least festive I have ever felt!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ll finish about 10pm tonight,back in Boxing Day.
    This year I’ve got DEC 24/25 & DEC 31/JAN 1 off.
    Some years I only get DEC 25th off,so this year I’ve dropped lucky.
    Supermarket trucking sucks in December… 🙄

mazz
    Free Member

Lunchtime today. Xmas toons blaring across (a large empty) office.
    Back on the 3rd jan

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just waiting to be told we can go..

Contracting, so paid per day, so not that upset to be in today.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘When do you finish for Christmas??’ is closed to new replies.