When do we get to elect the Head of State?
What on earth would make you WANT an Elected Head of State? Far better to have a ceremonial one, even just for the savings:
And if you ever consider the UK having a President rather than King/Queen, just imagine Tony Blair* as the President…
* insert most previous PM’s, Mayors etc etcPosted 2 years agoohnohesbackMember
I can’t understand why anyone should be entitled to weild power as a result of an accident of birth.
With an unelected second chamber, the members of which outnumber the elected parliamentarians, and a hereditary head of state, it just goes to show how backward this nation really is, and far we have to progress.Posted 2 years ago
FFS, not this again.
When you think about it, Flash, there’s only about 7 basic STW themes…
1. Recommend me a … car, coffee machine, axe, espresso machine, log burner…
2. Politics is well out of order… something for the lefties and righties to get stuck into
3. I’ve had an accident… what kind of insurance for me…?
4. Links to news stories plus associated chatter and general badinage
5. Cute animals, birds, fish, plus photography/paintings and nature art appreciation
6. The big-hitter outrage thread, plus threats of libel, infamy and associated ban hammer, usually involving references to TJ, Fred, Edinburgh and asshats
7. The Queen (is she evil, just slightly skewed or proper good for tourism?)
…so this ol’ nugget was due a comeback!
I suggest, to avoid such recurrences in the future, more reliance on the whimsy threads and humbly suggest we begin with ‘why don’t battery hens run out?’Posted 2 years agoBoomBipSubscriber
Prizes if anyone can tell me who it is holding the crown and what relevance it has to Jimmy Savile’s long and close friendship with the Royal Family…
It’s Tommy Crownhandler of course. The Savile link is that there’s a hole in the cushion and he liked to surprise the Queen when she lifted up the crown. She liked it as well, especially when he made the ‘Uhuhuhuhhhh’ noise at the same time.Posted 2 years agoCountZeroMember
jivehoneyjive – Member
If the Queen is just ceremonial, on whose behalf do MI5 and Special Branch spy on MPs and the Prime Minister
It’s déjà vu all over again.Posted 2 years ago
Or Groundhog Day…
From his name, JHJ must be a vinyl fan, the fact his favourite record seems to be stuck rather indicates so.
The topic ‘When do we get to elect the Head of State?’ is closed to new replies.