Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • When did it become acceptable to leave your rubbish behind?
  • Flaperon

For some reason, every week two or three bin bags of rubbish are carefully placed next to the public litter bin overnight, or in the nearby bus shelter.

Don’t people have wheely bins? Why on earth would you neatly bag up your rubbish to dump it in public when there’s a ******* bin provided by the council for your personal use.

slowoldman

Just ban McDonalds, in fact all shitty fast food places.

Is this in anyone’s manifesto? I might just vote for them.

onehundredthidiot

There nearest McDonalds is 20 miles away. Yet there’s always packaging lying about. Even on of my favourite road ride routes has been blighted and it’s a road connecting nowhere to the middle’f.

cbike
    Free Member

It drives me mental!! in all locations.

The “Cinema mentality” is interesting. It’s appearing in theatre now as well. It used to be rare to have much mess but now its endemic. even for audiences you wouldn’t associate with that sort of thing. I think one school in Glasgow makes their kids clean up after a theatre visit.

Glen etive is being ruined. not just “poor people” doing either! https://www.facebook.com/Glenetivethedirtytruth

Stuff yer civil liberties, I want ANPR everywhere for scum like this!!

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Whenever I’m out on the bike or walking I always pick up the first bit of rubbish I come accross. Thing is there’s so much of it I need to make it the first 10 pieces!

I don’t believe most rubbish is dropped maliciously, sadly, many just don’t see anything wrong with littering.

What’s worse is the litter on the trails, dropped by the mtb’ing community. Lets not absolve ourselves. Was ar Gisburn forest and could not believe the trail rubbish. Energy gel wrappers – the bikers big mack wrapper!

CountZero

On a couple of occasions now I’ve given people their cigarette butts back to them. It’s quite amusing, in a confrontational sort of way, but you need to have your exit well planned in advance….

Did that once, some jackass chucked a half empty can of Coke out of a car window as I came up alongside, he was held up by a tractor in front.
    So I picked it up and lobbed it back in to his lap, liberally spraying him with Coke, and pedalled off, at some speed, I might add.
    I heard a loud yelp as the Coke went everywhere, but I turned off down a tiny lane before he caught up. 😆

CountZero

I don’t believe most rubbish is dropped maliciously, sadly, many just don’t see anything wrong with littering.

Srsly?

pictonroad

On a couple of occasions now I’ve given people their cigarette butts back to them. It’s quite amusing, in a confrontational sort of way, but you need to have your exit well planned in advance….

I saw two young ladies in “powered by fairy dust” mobile. Passenger opened the door and tipped a pile of fag butts and couple of packets into the road.

I stopped, scooped the lot up in both hands and threw it over her shoulder into the back of the car.

They sat their open mouthed in astonishment for a second, I called her a disgusting lazy C. Crikey, they went mad, properly mad, car was shaking, bright red faces, spittle on the windscreen. I got out of the area pretty sharpish, they could have taken me easily.

CountZero

[/url]Untitled by CountZero1, on Flickr
    [/url]Untitled by CountZero1, on Flickr
    This little lot was dumped along the byway along the south edge of West Woods, approximately between the Long Barrow and the 216m height number, just before it meets the Wansdyke.
    Hardly a beauty-spot with expansive views of rolling countryside; someone went to a fair amount of trouble to dump a load of trash, mostly bottles and some hairdressing products.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I thought at first somebody had been having a picnic!

“Lay my rug out here…”

One of my pet peeves is chewing gum. Makes such a state of towns / cities and is horrible when you put your hand under a table only to have it stick to a blob of gum. Banned or was banned in Singapore as far as I know.

pt0608
    Free Member

Smokers do my head in. I’m close to tarring all of them with the same brush.
    In no way is it acceptable to drop your finished cigarette butt anywhere other than the bin.
    Sadly I see so many on the pavement still.

slowoldman

A friend of mine told me a little tale about taking some visiting Japanese to Man Utd.

At half time they fancied a ciggie. Afterwards one of them took out an empty matchbox and the tab ends went in it and back in his pocket. Simple isn’t it?

hels
    Free Member

I lived in a stair once where smoking must have been banned in the rented flats. So they smoked in the stairway and left the buts on the floor. I would sweep them up and post them back through the mail slot, I think the message got across as wee jars started appearing. Progress – the stair still honked.

gwaelod
    Free Member

I remember pictures in the papers of Thatcher picking up litter with .. I think Branson

GrahamS

Afterwards one of them took out an empty matchbox and the tab ends went in it and back in his pocket.

Standard practise in Oz (at least when I was there a decade ago) was for smokers to carry a little tin or an old 35mm film canister and put all your fag ends in that.

Of course it helps to enforce the message when a stray fag could burn down half the state. 😯

slowoldman

Of course it helps to enforce the message when a stray fag could burn down half the state.

I suppose that focusses the mind.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Went to watch the Avengers yesterday. Big green advert on the screen before the film started saying “Please help us go Green by leaving your rubbish behind. We will recycle it” or words to that effect.

It was a rolling advert, so check for it next time.

Mystery solved.

Felt weird leaving it behind.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘When did it become acceptable to leave your rubbish behind?’ is closed to new replies.