Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • When did Easyjet change their T&C's?
  • toys19
    Free Member

You see you have me back in limbo now, conflicting statements from easyjet. Bum.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sorry toys, I’m booked up for the summer as well so I wanted to ask.
    It may just be a case of kicking off when we get there.
    Never had this problem with BA.

The bicycles are exempt from additional excess baggage charges.

This is key IMO. As long as your luggage is 20kgs, they cannot charge you extra.

Northwind

<prints 50 copies of Saxabar’s email>

rockhopper70

confused now with these conflicting statements.
    I am going out in August with the family as well so I have booked one bike bag and three suitcases.
    Should I aim for 32Kg with the bike bag and the three suitcases all under 20Kg (each)?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We just got our confirmation email from Easyjet customer services following a request for clarification. It’s worded in such a way that we’d be ok if we had 2 bags each weighing 32Kg each, one with a bike in it.

Happy days 😀

For info, our booking email linked to the old T&C’s so I guess they can’t change them if you’ve already booked or we’d have go an email saying as such.

Worth checking your confirmation emails to see what terms you booked under.

Northwind

I got:

“Thank you for contacting us.

Please allow me to explain that when you book a hold baggage and a sports equipment in the booking, you standard allowance will be 32 kilos in total. However there is an exception for bicycle that you will not have to pay any excess baggage fee as long as the hold bag weighs no more than 20 kilos and the bicycle weighs no more than 32 kilos. The total weight of baggage and bike cannot exceed 50 kilos.

You can find more information about carrying a bicycle in the link mentioned below:

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4040

I look forward to your travelling with us.

Regards,

Tanu
    easyJet Customer Services ”

aguesty1
    Free Member

I might contact them just to get an email back, I can see them weaselling out otherwise!!

Crag
    Free Member

I can see them getting bombarded with emails over the coming weeks.

What email address are people using to contact them? Better safe than sorry and all that!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I keep saying it – but don’t aim for 32kg – go for about 31 at most – easyjet kilos aren’t as big as the ones you have at home.

FuzzyWuzzy

Personally I would aim for 30Kg bike and 18Kg case as the max, gives you some scale accuracy breathing space + if you need need to transfer stuff from bike box to case you have a bit of allowance left for it (although my case has always disappeared through check-in before the bike is scanned so I’d have no where to put it except hand luggage)

toons
    Free Member

Just got back from Les 2 Alpes

7 of us flew with easyjet and had two problems!

1st – On the way out one bag was over the 32kg by 32g and my mate just took his pedals out.

2nd – On the way back (geneva airport), the checkout girl said I could only have 32kg for my two bags (the other 6 didn’t have a problem)!! I told her that wasn’t the case and the other 6 people didn’t have this issue. She asked for proof that the bike could be 32kg, I told her to ring her manager, she spoke to somebody and then changed her mind!

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Any help? from Ts&cs

20.10 Excess Weight Fees

Generally, each Passenger is permitted to transport Hold Baggage above the allowable weight, up to a maximum weight of 32 kgs per piece of Baggage, on payment of an Excess Weight fee found in Our Fees and Charges as specified in Article 20.4 (Baggage, Hold Baggage).

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘When did Easyjet change their T&C's?’ is closed to new replies.