Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • When Arab Stock Photography Goes Wrong
  • bencooper
    Free Member
    bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, guess you need to be on the right side of those jokes.

Cougar

I did a double-take at first, but I think the whole “joke” there is Marketing / photography fail. The website is poking fun at really quite bad stock images provided by another site, rather than mocking the subject matter itself.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I sense Offendedtrackworld coming on. Meanwhile:

“He’s starting to ask questions, Jack. I’ve told him you’re Arab a hundred times, but he says the kids at school told him Arabs don’t suffer from rosacea.”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I did a double-take at first, but I think the whole “joke” there is Marketing / photography fail. The website is poking fun at really quite bad stock images provided by another site, rather than mocking the subject matter itself.

Agreed. So, the question must be, why pick that particular theme for the fun poking?

titusrider
    Free Member

I raised a smirk 🙂
    Good pointing up of clearly crap, unrealistic and insulting characterisation of Arabic people.

footflaps

Makes mental note to use them in a presentation next time I’m in the Middle East…..

bencooper
    Free Member

Agreed. So, the question must be, why pick that particular theme for the fun poking?

I’m guessing because she’s an Arab who is amused by the terrible stereotyping of Arabs in these photos.

atlaz
    Free Member

Pretty sure it’s what bencooper says. No better way to get the stock art morons to up their game than draw attention to it

konabunny
    Free Member

To be fair, the knife/gun ones aside, most of the others are just typical of cheesy stock photography of any sort.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘When Arab Stock Photography Goes Wrong’ is closed to new replies.